+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031 LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 301
Like Tree543Likes

Thread: 4/12 Results Show **Spoilers**

  1. #291
    FORT Fogey Misty8723's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    3,374

    Re: 4/12 Results Show **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat View Post
    Replaying that idiotic display by the judges again is going to backfire on Jessica IMO. Perhaps TPTB have decided she is no longer the "chosen one" to take the AI crown, so they don't care how if this drama adversely affects her. I wonder if she has always been hovering near the bottom of the voting totals, or if last week was a fluke.

    It should be interesting to see how the judges act on the show tonight .
    It's my opinion that they don't care who wins ... and never have. The show is about the show itself, and whatever it takes to get the ratings (and the advertising revenue) is what they will go for. I thought last season was one of the best ever, but this season I think the show has finally jumped the shark for me.
    Debb70 and Jaceegirl like this.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

  2. #292
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    22,834

    Re: 4/12 Results Show **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    It's my opinion that they don't care who wins ... and never have. The show is about the show itself, and whatever it takes to get the ratings (and the advertising revenue) is what they will go for. I thought last season was one of the best ever, but this season I think the show has finally jumped the shark for me.
    It has for me.I really dont think any of them are going to be really big stars. So, like the show,I dont care who wins either.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  3. #293
    not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,273

    Re: 4/12 Results Show **Spoilers**

    The whole thing last week with Jessica being on the bottom and it being such a surprise was absolute crap, imho. TMZ had leaked it earlier in the day, everyone knew who the person in the bottom was. It was no shock to anyone, they only pretended it was, and showed just how bad they all are at acting.

    I hope Jessica goes home this week. She will not win if she stays. She has a great voice, but she is so stiff and visibly uncomfortable on stage and with the other contestants. She needs a few years of experience and growing up to be able to handle the business and attention.

    And I hope the judges soon realize that this isn't about the best singer, it's about the favorite total package, which Jessica is not. It's a popularity contest, anything that allows everyone to vote is, and they used to know that. The judges used to say exactly that in previous years. I prefer Simon's snarkiness and Paula's crazy to what we have now. And Randy, he rarely has an opinion of his own, he just goes along with what everyone else does, which is why he seems to have completely forgotten what he himself used to say (when Simon and Paula said it as well), about this being a popularity contest and not about only having the best voice.

  4. #294
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    22,834

    Re: 4/12 Results Show **Spoilers**

    Well said Starryelf. I agree 100%!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  5. #295
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2

    Re: 4/12 Results Show **Spoilers**

    Hello I am new here. I can't believe that Jessica Sanchez was actually voted off of that show. She is the best talent there. Hopefully she makes it this week.

  6. #296
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    22,834

    Re: 4/12 Results Show **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by retirednurse View Post
    Hello I am new here. I can't believe that Jessica Sanchez was actually voted off of that show. She is the best talent there. Hopefully she makes it this week.
    Welcome she wasn't actually voted off, she was just in the bottom three.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  7. #297
    There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    With My Thoughts
    Posts
    19,836

    Re: 4/12 Results Show **Spoilers**

    Actually she was bottom one as she had to "sing for her life." It will be interesting to view her song choice and the lingering miasma from last Thursday.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

  8. #298
    9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,984

    Re: 4/12 Results Show **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Actually she was bottom one as she had to "sing for her life." It will be interesting to view her song choice and the lingering miasma from last Thursday.

    Funny, I misread that as lingering "melisma", but I like your description much better.

  9. #299
    FORT Fogey Jaceegirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,225

    Re: 4/12 Results Show **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by StarryElf View Post
    The whole thing last week with Jessica being on the bottom and it being such a surprise was absolute crap, imho. TMZ had leaked it earlier in the day, everyone knew who the person in the bottom was. It was no shock to anyone, they only pretended it was, and showed just how bad they all are at acting.

    I hope Jessica goes home this week. She will not win if she stays. She has a great voice, but she is so stiff and visibly uncomfortable on stage and with the other contestants. She needs a few years of experience and growing up to be able to handle the business and attention.

    And I hope the judges soon realize that this isn't about the best singer, it's about the favorite total package, which Jessica is not. It's a popularity contest, anything that allows everyone to vote is, and they used to know that. The judges used to say exactly that in previous years. I prefer Simon's snarkiness and Paula's crazy to what we have now. And Randy, he rarely has an opinion of his own, he just goes along with what everyone else does, which is why he seems to have completely forgotten what he himself used to say (when Simon and Paula said it as well), about this being a popularity contest and not about only having the best voice.
    Well said and I completely agree with what you have said. I wonder what the drama will be tonight? I already know that this will be the last season for me. They have turned this whole show into a complete circus. It no longer is about the contestants - it is all about Jennifer, Steven, Randy and Ryan. I still don't know how the contestants can even perform after what happened. They were basically told that Jessica was the best singer. Just imagine how they must feel. I know if it was me I would find it extremely hard because how can you beat their best? You already gave the reasons why Jessica should not win this season. I personally would never buy her music.

    I also would just like to say RIP Dick Clark. He was so much a part of my life growing up.

  10. #300
    That's all folks! Unklescott's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    26,558

    Re: 4/12 Results Show **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Gallagher the comedian always referred to her as Opry Winbag. I think that's much more appropriate.
    Be nice to Oprah, she graduated from my high school albeit a few years after me. East High, Nashville Tn.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.