+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 19202122232425262728293031 LastLast
Like Tree543Likes

Thread: 4/12 Results Show **Spoilers**

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Re: 4/12 Results Show **Spoilers**

Simon seems like a bit of an arrogant jerk to me. But since he left the show, I only watch it in passing. For me, he was the best part of American Idol.
    Shoepie, Bet2Win and sparklete like this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    Simon seems like a bit of an arrogant jerk to me. But since he left the show, I only watch it in passing. For me, he was the best part of American Idol.
    One of the reasons I am only catching up on the show on here etc... I watched last season and prefer Simon the jerk to what we have now.
    Thor, Uncle David and ilja like this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by mslady View Post
    Does anyone have any statistics about how much influence VFTW really has on the outcome? I have often wondered but have no clue as to how to research to find
    out. I'm sure there must be someone who does. I'm not doubting that they may play some part in the outcome, I'm just curious.
    This is what I know. A couple of days before the last performance show, VFTW had a poll on their site. They were asking who they should give their support. You clicked on which peformer of AI you selected. It had the numbers of how many had voted. (You may still be able to locate it.) From viewing that, I got the impression there were about 4000 votes. Not that much IMO. The largest amounto of votes had gone to Hollie. I suspect it was because she was being treated so poorly and that's why I voted for her, HOWEVER, when I went back soon afterwards, they had selected Phillip! Hollie had many more votes that he did. Hmmmmm........I'm not so sure they have that much influence or following anymore.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I just saw an ad for tomorrow night's episode. It featured the judges going ballistic and chastising 'the nation'. Clearly, the producers have no shame in their game. Seems like they're rather proud of what happened last week. I didn't watch the show so I don't know how it went down other than from what I read here and the ad I saw, but, if anyone is expecting the judges to be the least bit contrite I think they're in for a big disappointment.
    Shoepie likes this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

FORT Fogey

I just saw an ad for tomorrow night's episode. It featured the judges going ballistic and chastising 'the nation'. Clearly, the producers have no shame in their game. Seems like they're rather proud of what happened last week. I didn't watch the show so I don't know how it went down other than from what I read here and the ad I saw, but, if anyone is expecting the judges to be the least bit contrite I think they're in for a big disappointment.
    Interesting. Nigel is the producer and I respect his decisions. Ratings are down so he is pushing the drama; that is my guess. Go for it, I say! Anything to spice up this once interesting show. A format and judge change is necessary if this sees another season.

Hmmm....I'll have to check that out. I'm not sure how there could be a preview of the show though, since it's aired live on Wednesday night. Any footage would be from stuff that happened last week, unless it's candid interviews with the judges since last week.

FORT Fogey

Th poster meant that the commercial for today's show featured the judges acting like asses last week... the charging of the stage to SAVE jessica, JLO screaming. Randy's scolding to vote for the best........all the ugliness in one short commercial.
    Debb70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    Th poster meant that the commercial for today's show featured the judges acting like asses last week... the charging of the stage to SAVE jessica, JLO screaming. Randy's scolding to vote for the best........all the ugliness in one short commercial.
    Oh, I see. That is pretty bold and dumb. Just what you want is a lot of fans hating the judges. LOL

FORT Fogey

I think as always it is rating driven. If there were people who didn't see the mess, but heard about it and might tune in just to see the drama, Nigel supplied them with the highlights tio encourage them to watch

Replaying that idiotic display by the judges again is going to backfire on Jessica IMO. Perhaps TPTB have decided she is no longer the "chosen one" to take the AI crown, so they don't care how if this drama adversely affects her. I wonder if she has always been hovering near the bottom of the voting totals, or if last week was a fluke.

It should be interesting to see how the judges act on the show tonight .
    Debb70 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread