+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1819202122232425262728293031 LastLast
Like Tree543Likes

Thread: 4/12 Results Show **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 4/12 Results Show **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    You truly believe TPTB would have chosen Lee over the more talented & commercially viable Crystal? Or Taylor Hicks, whom Simon hated from the git go, over Daughtry? Or that they would have 4 consecutive WGWG winners, when the show is crying out for another female? Let's not overlook the two most important & successful winners have been female, they really need to find another. I just don't agree with that at all.

I agree with your premise....but not the specific "the commercially viable Crystal"...She lost her record deal also so she will not be the Jennifer, Adam and Chris of her season
    Shoepie and Uncle David like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    I agree with your premise....but not the specific "the commercially viable Crystal"...She lost her record deal also so she will not be the Jennifer, Adam and Chris of her season
    Yeah, Crystal kind of disappeared. But the point still remains, based on the winners we have seen the past few seasons especially, I don't see how anyone could believe that the outcome is rigged.
    Shoepie, Uncle David and Debb70 like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    IF Crystal had won & had the winners $$$ & promotion behind her, it may have been a different outcome.
    TeacherLady likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    IF Crystal had won & had the winners $$$ & promotion behind her, it may have been a different outcome.

But Chris, Kellie Pickler, Jennifer, Adam didn't win so they had no $$$$ and promotion behind them.....they had talent and appealed to the American public. Crystal apparenlty didn't....for a number of reasons.
    Uncle David and mesachick like this.

Not to make a pun, but it is time to DIAL IT BACK on voting methodology and talk about the result show as it aired.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by BerryCrazy View Post
    I believe Elise, Joshua and Jessica were the bottom three. When Ryan brought over Skylar to the group with Hollie, Philip and Colton, he said they were safe, then he went to the other group and said "these are your bottom three."
    Yes, but every one one of them except Jessica were safe at that point. Does "these are your bottom three" Mean bottom 3 by vote or bottom 3 by that's who we decided to put there. I believe it was the true bottom 3 because Elise has been there before and Joshua doesn't seem to be that popular, or at least not many people seemed to like his performance, but I think in the past they've manipulated it for shock value.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I don't recall any of these scandals. I knew that Adam was never going to win AI. He should of, but his fans knew he wasn't going to.
    Read the book "American Idol Vote Scam" by Kerry Kolsch. As for the bottom 3, I think the vote totals are probably close for all contestants & any of them can end up at the bottom if there is a bad performance, though it's intertesting that some contestants were eliminated after a good performance. There is not really a stand out this year.

Quote Originally Posted by lorac7 View Post
    Read the book "American Idol Vote Scam" by Kerry Kolsch. As for the bottom 3, I think the vote totals are probably close for all contestants & any of them can end up at the bottom if there is a bad performance, though it's intertesting that some contestants were eliminated after a good performance. There is not really a stand out this year.
    Kerry Kolsch is infamous across the internet world of AI as an over the top fan of Adam Lambert that cannot & will not accept that he lost to Kris without there being a world wide conspiracy behind it.
    Uncle David, mesachick and ilja like this.

Quote Originally Posted by lorac7 View Post
    Will do, thanks!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    As I recall, Simon said that the voters get it right, even if they disagree with him.

Here's an article I ran across that was pretty on point, IMO.

American Idol shocker: Why Jessica Sanchez faced elimination (+video) - CSMonitor.com
    Thanks for posting the link! Nice article.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

+ Reply to Thread