+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast
Like Tree543Likes

Thread: 4/12 Results Show **Spoilers**

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Re: 4/12 Results Show **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    ...remember the Kris Allen phone almost scandal?
    I know I've seen 'claims' by both Clay Aiken and Adam Lambert fans regarding voting scandals, but I've only seen assertions and circumstantial evidence presented, not proof.

I believe there is a difference between rigged and manipulated when it comes to certain types of 'game shows'. In the case of shows like Survivor, DWTS and AI producers are given a wider berth when it comes to making 'suggestions' when it comes to the production of the shows as opposed to shows like Millionaire and Jeopardy.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    Sometimes you have to listen to how Ryan words it to be sure that the bottom three are the bottom three with regards to lowest number of votes. I didnt' pay attention to that last week. However, I do think the one sent home IS the lowest vote getter. I can think of a lot of reasons for staging what the judges did - the main reason being if ratings are down this season, something to get people to start watching and voting. I haven't heard Ryan proclaiming how many millions of votes each week this season.
    There are probably 2 or more reasons that Ryan does not announce the number of votes. The first is that since the number of viewers is lower than in previous years, one
    could assume that fewer votes are cast than in previous years. The second reason may be explained by a disclaimer run at the end of the show. While I may not have it verbatim, the following is very close to what it says:

the producers reserve the right to remove so-called "Power Dialing Votes" (toll-free, text, or online) that are identified as having been cast in such a significant block,
    either by technical enhancements or otherwise, that may unfairly influence the outcome of the voting. In addition, if you vote, you are agreeing not to use an unofficial third-
    party to cast votes in your behalf.

They may have run this disclaimer in the past, but I did not notice it. At first this seems like a very good thing but it also could give the producers a way to manipulate
    votes to influence the outcome. I am not suggesting that they have done so nor that they would in the future. However. it does seem to allow that possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    I know I've seen 'claims' by both Clay Aiken and Adam Lambert fans regarding voting scandals, but I've only seen assertions and circumstantial evidence presented, not proof.

I believe there is a difference between rigged and manipulated when it comes to certain types of 'game shows'. In the case of shows like Survivor, DWTS and AI producers are given a wider berth when it comes to making 'suggestions' when it comes to the production of the shows as opposed to shows like Millionaire and Jeopardy.
    I don't recall any of these scandals. I knew that Adam was never going to win AI. He should of, but his fans knew he wasn't going to.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I still remember Paula, reading off her critique after someone had sung( cant remember who) but it was their second song and they had yet to sing it. Simon had to set her straight .It was a total embarrassment, but from then, it secured what I had thought all along scripted and rigged.
    But it that has absolutely nothing to do with the bottom three. The judges see the contestants practicing their songs, they know they order in which they will sing, and they do write down some criticisms or praises then to repeat at the live taping so that they appear as if they are being witty off the cuff. That has always been something that we've known. Paula got her notes wrong - nothing surprising there. Scripted yes, rigged no.
    Lil Bit, Shoepie and BuckeyeAddict like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    But it that has absolutely nothing to do with the bottom three. The judges see the contestants practicing their songs, they know they order in which they will sing, and they do write down some criticisms or praises then to repeat at the live taping so that they appear as if they are being witty off the cuff. That has always been something that we've known. Paula got her notes wrong - nothing surprising there. Scripted yes, rigged no.
    I respectfully disagree I think it is rigged.
    -Andy Rooney-

I respectfully disagree I think it is rigged.
    Considering the legal troubles they already came close to getting in to regarding vote counts, I will continue to disagree. Nigel Lythgoe isn't that stupid, and the show is way too valuable to take such a hit. If it were rigged, we'd know by now. Many people have looked into this very question, but no one has ever given any kind of proof. Is it a flawed system? You bet. But that still doesn't mean the outcome is rigged.
    Shoepie, ilja and sparklete like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Considering the legal troubles they already came close to getting in to regarding vote counts, I will continue to disagree. Nigel Lythgoe isn't that stupid, and the show is way too valuable to take such a hit. If it were rigged, we'd know by now. Many people have looked into this very question, but no one has ever given any kind of proof. Is it a flawed system? You bet. But that still doesn't mean the outcome is rigged.
    Well, I don't think they could tell, given all the texting and phoning .How can one possibly tell if it is rigged or not. Perhaps rigged is the wrong word, but I dont think America chooses the winner, I think TPTB do.

I also think the spectacle last Thursday was a set up, and nobody will change my mind on that

cheers!
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 04-15-2012 at 09:43 PM.
    -Andy Rooney-

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

The judges watch the rehearsals and write notes based on that. When the live show is on, they will check their notes. That doesn't make the show rigged, it just makes a live show more predictable for the directors, camera crew, lighting people, and every other person behind the scenes. It would be strange to expect everything to be happening for the first time during the live show. There are rehearsals where they run through it and learn their marks, get the camera angles and lighting set for the performance, and then there is the dress rehearsal where they do a run-through too. What we see live is a well-oiled machine.
    NFL1 and mesachick like this.

Well, I don't think they could tell, given all the texting and phoning .How can one possibly tell if it is rigged or not. Perhaps rigged is the wrong word, but I dont think America chooses the winner, I think TPTB do.

I also think the spectacle last Thursday was a set up, and nobody will change my mind on that

cheers!
    You truly believe TPTB would have chosen Lee over the more talented & commercially viable Crystal? Or Taylor Hicks, whom Simon hated from the git go, over Daughtry? Or that they would have 4 consecutive WGWG winners, when the show is crying out for another female? Let's not overlook the two most important & successful winners have been female, they really need to find another. I just don't agree with that at all.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    You truly believe TPTB would have chosen Lee over the more talented & commercially viable Crystal? Or Taylor Hicks, whom Simon hated from the git go, over Daughtry? Or that they would have 4 consecutive WGWG winners, when the show is crying out for another female? Let's not overlook the two most important & successful winners have been female, they really need to find another. I just don't agree with that at all.
    I have agreed with every post you have made on this subject. Simon says the viewers never get it wrong. They are voting for the people whose music they will buy and that benefits those with a financial dog in the race. They really want to know who is commercial. That said, you don't have to win to succeed. Jennifer Hudson is the most dramatic example of this.

The name of the game for the contestants is stay on long enough to become a familiar name and face. Only one can win. Had Kelly Clarkson come in second her career would have been just as successful.
    angelic_one2002 and mesachick like this.

+ Reply to Thread