+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast
Like Tree543Likes

Thread: 4/12 Results Show **Spoilers**

Re: 4/12 Results Show **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I don't think the outcome is rigged. I do believe that the judges and Ryan know who is in the bottom and who is going home before they tape the show though. This allows the "staging" that we do see. But, I do believe that the folks in the bottom are the ones that got the least amount of votes - no rigging there.

I don't think Jessica and Joshua were the B3 due to voting.( I will see next week) So, for me, it is rigged, but once again, each to their own. I have thought this all along. Especially when they say 'America got it right'
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I don't think the outcome is rigged. I do believe that the judges and Ryan know who is in the bottom and who is going home before they tape the show though. This allows the "staging" that we do see. But, I do believe that the folks in the bottom are the ones that got the least amount of votes - no rigging there.
    Sometimes you have to listen to how Ryan words it to be sure that the bottom three are the bottom three with regards to lowest number of votes. I didnt' pay attention to that last week. However, I do think the one sent home IS the lowest vote getter. I can think of a lot of reasons for staging what the judges did - the main reason being if ratings are down this season, something to get people to start watching and voting. I haven't heard Ryan proclaiming how many millions of votes each week this season.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    Sometimes you have to listen to how Ryan words it to be sure that the bottom three are the bottom three with regards to lowest number of votes. I didnt' pay attention to that last week. However, I do think the one sent home IS the lowest vote getter. I can think of a lot of reasons for staging what the judges did - the main reason being if ratings are down this season, something to get people to start watching and voting. I haven't heard Ryan proclaiming how many millions of votes each week this season.
    I believe Elise, Joshua and Jessica were the bottom three. When Ryan brought over Skylar to the group with Hollie, Philip and Colton, he said they were safe, then he went to the other group and said "these are your bottom three."

I don't believe the votes are rigged either, at least not by the AI producers. There was a game show several decades ago that was rigged and once it became public knowledge they got in all sorts of legal trouble. I believe a show as big as AI would know better than to go down that road and would be smart enough to avoid anything even close to that situation.
    mesachick likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    I don't believe the votes are rigged either, at least not by the AI producers. There was a game show several decades ago that was rigged and once it became public knowledge they got in all sorts of legal trouble. I believe a show as big as AI would know better than to go down that road and would be smart enough to avoid anything even close to that situation.
    I still remember Paula, reading off her critique after someone had sung( cant remember who) but it was their second song and they had yet to sing it. Simon had to set her straight .It was a total embarrassment, but from then, it secured what I had thought all along scripted and rigged.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I still remember Paula, reading off her critique after someone had sung( cant remember who) but it was their second song and they had yet to sing it. Simon had to set her straight .It was a total embarrassment, but from then, it secured what I had thought all along scripted and rigged.
    That was Jason Castro...& it was Paula, what more should be expected from that looney bin?

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    That was Jason Castro...& it was Paula, what more should be expected from that looney bin?
    LOL that's true.It was still all written down though . I have seen Tyler putting on his glasses to read off what *cough*his *cough* thoughts are. But, then again, that is Tyler
    -Andy Rooney-

I think it is possible that the producers give the judges a list of "what ifs" and some things to say.

This could be similar to the scripted answers "suggested" to telemarketers.

In other words,if producers want to push a contestant, maybe the judges are given a list of positive comments from which they can choose regardless of the performance. If they want to diminish a contestant they would have a list of words and phrases from which to choose.

I bet any one of us here could compile the lists
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    LOL that's true.It was still all written down though . I have seen Tyler putting on his glasses to read off what *cough*his *cough* thoughts are. But, then again, that is Tyler
    That is because Paula saw the rehearsal and was reading her notes from the rehearsal and got the singers mixed up.

The show is not rigged. There may be telephone glitches or robo calling that deny people getting through - remember the Kris Allen phone almost scandal? Anyway, the producers and the media companies do try to keep the voting process as clean as possible. Except for the winner, I do think, however, that the producers know the "order" of the vote...well, they have to in order to prompt Ryan on how to announce during the show...but, the vote itself is clean, not rigged.
    BuckeyeAddict and mesachick like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    From what I've read, AI is not a game show therefore those game show laws do not apply to them.

I made it a point to go back and listen to what Ryan said, he was very clear in saying that the bottom three were the bottom three as voted by the viewers. I don't think the voting was rigged or fudged. I do think that once they saw the results then the messing around began. It was staged after they saw who was in the bottom.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

+ Reply to Thread