+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast
Like Tree543Likes

Thread: 4/12 Results Show **Spoilers**

Finally saw the shows from this week and though Jessica holds zero interest for me I think she handled the situation well.

I'll continue to vote for who I think is the best and right now that is Phillip and Elise.

The judges were embarrassing.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Re: 4/12 Results Show **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I do not believe this show is rigged. Nope. Makes no sense to do so.
    I don't think it is but don't care either way - none of my favorites have ever won and I still keep watching every year. But for the sake of argument, I think season 2 opened a Pandora's box of tempting moral issues for the producers. When Clay lost to Ruben with many, many fans crying, "Foul!", their resulting action was to go out and buy multiple copies of Clay's CDs, support his foundation (I had one of their credit cards!), and other extreme acts of support. It brought more attention to American Idol than any other event (IMO) and caused the franchise to grow. Fast foward to season 8... maybe viewership is dropping off a little, and we have a repeat uproar with Adam and Kris. Sorry Kris fans, but really? It makes me suspicious.
    Count your blessings!

FORT Regular

This coming episode of AI will feature that paragon of the music industry helping Jimmy coach the contestants on songs from Motown, where she made her mark singing & producing, errr...

Oprah Winfrey.
    Uncle David likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sheesh View Post
    This coming episode of AI will feature that paragon of the music industry helping Jimmy coach the contestants on songs from Motown, where she made her mark singing & producing, errr...

Oprah Winfrey.
    Gallagher the comedian always referred to her as Opry Winbag. I think that's much more appropriate.
    ilja likes this.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sheesh View Post

Oprah Winfrey.
    Huh? They've been doing pretty well up to now with mentors. Maybe Oprah will advise them on how to get votes - give people in the audience free stuff.
    ilja likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    Actually, that's not true at all. Every year there is a HUGE throng of voters who -- for whatever reasons --- vote for the WORST. Maybe they think it's funny. Maybe they just like throwing a kink into a show --- showing their power --- who knows???? But the point is, the powers-that-be definitely DO know all about it, and I believe that is who Randy was directing his request to --- asking the voters to please vote for the BEST not the worst.
    I think Gutmutter is right. I think there is reason to be a little suspicious.

I have to disagree with Imperfect1's statement above, however, because I think Randy's comment did more than ask the voters to vote for the best, not the worst. What he was saying was that she WAS the best, and to me that diminishes the inspiration for the others who are left. In order to get up on that stage and deliver, you have to believe you deserve it. The judges pushed their opinions too far. Shoepie wrote "Exposure is most important." ... I hope our idol favorites can shake off what happened to them so they can get the exposure they want/need.
    Jaceegirl likes this.

FORT Fogey

There may have been seasons when there were people who could be considered "the worst". I Don't think that is true this year. Most of the kids are different and good at what they do individually
    ilja likes this.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Gallagher the comedian always referred to her as Opry Winbag. I think that's much more appropriate.
    I prefer SNL's 'The Oprah!'.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I do not believe this show is rigged. Nope. Makes no sense to do so.
    I think it is rigged, but I always have. I watched the result show again, and it was awful, worse than the first time.It was so staged, they have their reasons for doing what they do, but for the life of me I couldn't figure what that was all about
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I don't think the outcome is rigged. I do believe that the judges and Ryan know who is in the bottom and who is going home before they tape the show though. This allows the "staging" that we do see. But, I do believe that the folks in the bottom are the ones that got the least amount of votes - no rigging there.
    ilja likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

+ Reply to Thread