+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast
Like Tree543Likes

Thread: 4/12 Results Show **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 4/12 Results Show **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by sunnydayz View Post
    When Randy had the mic at the end and said, "Please everybody please, vote for the best. It's about finding the best," I totally expected him to say, "Please everybody please, vote for Jessica." I guess nothing would surprise me at this point!

Yup...add that to the list of annoying things the judges said and did last night. We vote for our FAVORITE Randy, even you know that dawg...you know... people we think are dope. YO!!
    Babycakee and TeacherLady like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Madison_2008 View Post
    The one time save is just that - a one time save.. this isn't the first year they've had it so really no need to freak out about how it is or isn't used, if the other singer's fans are voting more than Jessica's then she will be in danger again, end of story. I think a big part of Jessica being in that situation is that her fans are not voting for her because they are assuming she will be safe, another part is she sang a song pretty much no one has ever heard on a night where the other singers are singing popular songs of just the last couple of years that are fresh in their minds. I think she made a horrible song choice and paid for it. I will find it more of a travesty, personally, if Phillip makes it much farther, he bores me to tears and if he ever decides to show some versatility and sing a slower song that requires having some vocal talent, it will be apparent that he doesn't have much of it.
    Does it really matter if they sing songs people haven't heard? Honestly, I never heard any of the songs they sang this week, because I don't listen to pop or rock or R&B. I do listen to country, but never heard the Kellie Pickler song that Skylar sang. I think it gives them and advantage because you have nothing to compare it to. It seems like a lot of the time people criticize a performance by saying so and so sang it better. Well, if you've never heard it, you will have no one to compare it to.
    MsDiva2007 likes this.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

I do believe Randy is attempting a side door into image repair this evening. On the AOL news page there is a link to an article about how he is all about Diabetes awareness. Good for him, but the timing of his public notice of advocacy is suspiciously close to trying to better his image.

Here is a tweet from Skylar. I read comments here way back when the show was airing that she had a "look" on her face when the save was announced. Apparently she has been getting some heat for it.

Skylar Laine ‏ @SLaineAI11

For people saying I wasn't happy with the save thats ridiculous. Jessica is out of this world and Im very glad she is still with us!
    Last edited by Arielflies; 04-13-2012 at 10:25 PM.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    I do believe Randy is attempting a side door into image repair this evening. On the AOL news page there is a link to an article about how he is all about Diabetes awareness. Good for him, but the timing of his public notice of advocacy is suspiciously close to trying to better his image.

Here is a tweet from Skylar. I read comments here way back when the show was airing that she had a "look" on her face when the save was announced. Apparently she has been getting some heat for it.
    Its a shame she had to say anything .These girls ( and guys) get petty close through all this. I never saw any look on her face, perhaps confusion, and that silly pick a side they insist on doing
    Shoepie likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty View Post
    I totally agree with that statement which makes me sad that people would take out the judges behavior on a contestant that did nothing wrong but sing her heart out. This happens every year when the judges let known who their favorites are the public takes it out on the contestant.
    Yes it does happen every year. But since it does, why can't the judges see it and correct their behavior? That's the problem. They also seem to pick the people with minimal personality too. Perhaps it's because they think they'll be the easiest to control. I don't think anybody thought David Cook would win because it was obvious he was nobody's puppet. Ruben Studdard also spoke up for himself after winning and I think they were sorry at that point Clay didn't win. I think the judges like to have people they can control. That's why Josh Gracin and Chris Daughtry were never going to win.

The best thing the judges could do is remain unbiased and then let America for its own opinion. In the end they just might get their way if they did that. But when people know this is what Jennifer and Randy want, they're likely to just the opposite. We are a nation of rebels after all.
    ilja likes this.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

Quote Originally Posted by sunnydayz View Post
    When Randy had the mic at the end and said, "Please everybody please, vote for the best. It's about finding the best," I totally expected him to say, "Please everybody please, vote for Jessica." I guess nothing would surprise me at this point!
    "There is only one person worthy of your votes, the rest of them are all c---" , same old same old. And then America votes for who they want to, much to the shock of the judges.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Originally Posted by sfhondapilot
    All the negative posts directed at the judges are amusing. You do realize that the judges are just "actors" playing the roles scripted for them by the producers? If you want to spew venom, at least aim in the right direction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    An interesting perception, but a perception nonetheless. (Unless you have some facts you'd like to share with us.) I would pay money to watch someone express that opinion to Simon!
    But Simon was also a producer of AI so that's a little different ... no ?
    Are any of the current crew, maybe Randy ... credited as producers ?
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Regular

Random thoughts--
    • I miss Simon. So does the show. And the contestants. Constructive criticism would have been doled out early and often, and the performances would be even better.
    • Hollie should have gone home this week. She's so cute ... and sooo young.
    • Jessica in bottom 3 for a number of reasons: 1) the Pia affect (backlash on judges), 2) Unfamiliar song to most, 3) BB Chez, 4) Voter complacency (she obviously will win, I'll save someone else)
    • But please, just stop it: Jessica is wayyy better than Pia. Tons.
    • I think this is best singing Top 6 across the board. Pitch not nearly the problem it typically is.
    • With such limited life experience in this group, Top 6 is not good at conveying/transferring/attaching feelings to phrases.
    • I miss Simon. Why can't these music industry professionals -- the judges -- provide correct critical feedback???
    • Jimmy Iovine is the shizzz. He provides the only interest for me outside of the contestants.
    • Skylar gets my vote for most improved. She was screamy at the beginning. She also gets my vote for who I'd want to duet with -- her harmonies & clarity make you sound good next to her.
    • Colton has mad talent ... really surprises me in how much more I like him now than at the start.
    • Elise is a great vocalist. But there's a particular stylistic vowel sound she uses -- and you hear it on the radio -- that bugs me. (Easy to fix.) What's most off-putting about Elise for me is her defeatist attitude. Her negativity in thought & expression saps all the energy out of the room.
    • Joshua is perplexing. His reluctance to go all in at times is odd. His vocals will be killer once he gets those bad habits coached out of him. I enjoyed his performance last week, but it did evoke memories of Tom Jones. And his coats are too small!!!
    • How did Joshua and Jessica make bottom 3 in same week?
    • Why is 16 year old Jessica Sanchez wearing 8 inch heels? Tommy H., a little help here please??? Just because Kim K. does it doesn't mean it's a good idea.
    • Speaking of Tommy H. ......... Why???
    • There should be a rule that if you competed on another reality singing show you can't be on Idol. (Sanchez)
    • I like how Phillip Phillips pumps up the other contestant's ability. He's a good example of why you don't have to be a great singer to be a success.
    • Steven Tyler is fun in the auditions but should be replaced on the show.
    • I miss Simon. Bad hair, t-shirts, snarky smirk, & all.
    Shoepie, Babycakee and BerryCrazy like this.

Re Skylar's tweet:

Skylar Laine ‏ @SLaineAI11

For people saying I wasn't happy with the save thats ridiculous. Jessica is out of this world and Im very glad she is still with us!

I mentioned somewhere way back that Hollie and Skylar exchanged a "look" that I saw as "one blink short of an eyeroll" . That was when the judges were downstage gushing, kissing, screaming and grabbing Jessica's mic and just acting like fools. The circus that they made out of the almighty save was insane and these kids all probably just thought the judges were acting like crazy old people! I am still rolling my eyes.

By the odd reaction and responses of all the contestants, I wonder if they knew or at least had an inkling of what was happening. I thought Ryan made it obvious that something was up. He almost seemed nervous and a little "off" . I wish I could read lips because Hollie said something to Skylar before Jessica started singing and the circus started ... and Jessica said something in response to Elise before Ryan announced.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Fogey

All the exchanged expressions last night were about the shocker of the bottom 3 all the way to "what the hell is going on?" I don't think any of them would be exchanging glances that could be construed as catty or snide. They were stunned with everything including the judges storming the stage. Randy and Steven must regret following Jennifer up there.

I miss Simon. This show misses Simon. It is winding down; I cannot see it surviving much longer without a change in judges. Randy needs to be there for continuity. Jimmy would be good and a woman who has some edges and can speak the truth easily.
    Babycakee and ilja like this.

+ Reply to Thread