+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
Like Tree543Likes

Thread: 4/12 Results Show **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 4/12 Results Show **Spoilers**

I don't post there, but I went to the AI official board and just scanned the topics on the front page. There were 25+ topics and all but two were against the judges and they contained a lot of replies...so the anger is everywhere against the three
    Uncle David, Debb70 and Jaceegirl like this.

Quote Originally Posted by BerryCrazy View Post
    I agree with you. Jennifer's first reply was "we stand up when we feel like it." Then she pretended to act surprised that they didn't give Colton a standing ovation yet. Oh you know you didn't give him any standing O's, Jennifer! You all should have on Piano Man and Love the Way You Lie. You all were too busy standing up for Jessica and Joshua, and could care less about the rest. (Steven did look like he was about to stand up after Colton's performance on Wednesday, but the others didn't so he didn't.)

Let's all vote the same way next week to send a message to the judges that America did not get it wrong. We voted who we like and want to win, and not who they want to win.
    I have previously called Steven restrained and cryptic in his comments. I sometimes wonder if he has some form of aphasia. Perhaps he feels relegated to third wheel status? He, in my opinion would be one who could actually give them some tips and some constructive help based on his own experience(s). Maybe he does ..(I hope he does) behind the scenes.
    Babycakee likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    I don't post there, but I went to the AI official board and just scanned the topics on the front page. There were 25+ topics and all but two were against the judges and they contained a lot of replies...so the anger is everywhere against the three
    Yeah, I saw that too. Lots of anger rants about how the fans will not take the manipulation from the judges. We'll see if they care. Steven is probably sunning on the beach somewhere with his Bemuda shorts and fur trimmed tank top. Jennifer is probably getting all jiggy with her little boyfriend at the spa and Randy is relaxing by the pool with his designer sun shades. I'm sure they don't have a care in the world about this. NEW FLASH! You have no saves left.
    Jaceegirl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    I have seen some nasty comments on-line.. Producers manipulation, staged. And, It's American idol, not Randy Jennifer and Stevens Idol.The really nasty ones I can't post.

There will be a backlash, I hope they are prepared for it
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by BTW View Post
    Jessica did not deserve to be in the bottom two or three. Outrageous, that people would vote her off before a couple of the others. I think a lot of votes are cast because of the judges favortism working against the contestants. They should judge, critique, but not push for votes for "anyone". Jessica just may have been hurt by their hovering around her tonight. Sit there and do your jobs! Let the viewers decide. They should have learned from the favortism JLo showed toward Deandre. That oust was deserving though. Tonight's wasn't.
    I agree!

It did all seem a bit scripted to me. I was very shocked at the supposed bottom 3. One of them there I would believe, but both of them. Ummm... Something was just off about the whole thing.
    It was a shock. And I think that Jessica handled herself quite well. She may be young, but I think she is more mature than her age. I'm not sure she should win, but she has an awesome voice. I have not found her boring at all. And no arrogance about her like Pia. Now Pia was boring....

Sure would love to see the real vote totals.....

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    I have previously called Steven restrained and cryptic in his comments. I sometimes wonder if he has some form of aphasia. Perhaps he feels relegated to third wheel status? He, in my opinion would be one who could actually give them some tips and some constructive help based on his own experience(s). Maybe he does ..(I hope he does) behind the scenes.
    I would not expect Steven to treat Hollie the way he has. It's rather shocking. He may be giving support to some of the contestants, but IMO, he treats Hollie with contempt. He doesn't even bother trying to conceal it. She's not that bad, so IMO it's unfounded AND if she did stink that bad, they are the ones who put her through. They picked her.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Whether or not you or I agree with the judges really doesn't matter. Just listen to what Iovine & all of the mentors have said about Jessica. They are all floored with how good she is at just 16. This girl has something special & the folks that are in line to make her career happen know it. And that's what really matters!
    ^^^^ This

All the negative posts directed at the judges are amusing. You do realize that the judges are just "actors" playing the roles scripted for them by the producers? If you want to spew venom, at least aim in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by sfhondapilot View Post
    ^^^^ This

All the negative posts directed at the judges are amusing. You do realize that the judges are just "actors" playing the roles scripted for them by the producers? If you want to spew venom, at least aim in the right direction.
    But nobody can get to the producers, the judges are front and centre on any show .I realise their remarks only carry weight if you let them . But I think its good for people to take umbrage with the way the show went, it shows they have passion.
    Bet2Win likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sfhondapilot View Post
    An interesting perception, but a perception nonetheless. (Unless you have some facts you'd like to share with us.) I would pay money to watch someone express that opinion to Simon!
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Very well said Bet2win..thank-you

Thanks Fanny Mare. I'm surprised that Tyler doesn't give more useful critiques ... he knows what it's like to be successful in this business, fall from grace for several years, and make a huge lasting comeback. His voice didn't change when people weren't buying his records, the listening market changed, and they adjusted to meet the current market.

One would think he could give some critiques on how to connect with the audience, and let them know that one's voice isn't going to rule the day ... otherwise Justin Bieber wouldn't be selling. Of late, ballad singers haven't been selling, and now with Adele, there may be an opening for another ... but usually, for the last couple of decades there really is only one ballad singer that reigns, and when that reign is over, another takes his/her place.
    ilja likes this.

+ Reply to Thread