+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Like Tree543Likes

Thread: 4/12 Results Show **Spoilers**

Re: 4/12 Results Show **Spoilers**

I still side with the judges. I think using votes to prove a point to the judges is wrong. Hollie had only a smattering of applause when she performed it was really quite obvious her performance moved not so many people. So people want the judges not to express who they like, not to praise, not to criticize certain people, but criticize others more. We wantthem to I guess tweedle their thumbs as the fans do all the things they don't want the judges to do.

I say someone like Jimmy and his mentors know talent. Every mentor this season has been awed by Jessica. I am going with their opinions and my ears , which generally agree with Jimmy and company. Voting Jessica out will only make someone like Akon & Jimmy offer a contract faster than she can get out the door. Jessica will be Ok. Hollie may not because she will not get a pity contract like she has been getting pity votes.
    Lil Bit likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    I still side with the judges. I think using votes to prove a point to the judges is wrong. Hollie had only a smattering of applause when she performed it was really quite obvious her performance moved not so many people. So people want the judges not to express who they like, not to praise, not to criticize certain people, but criticize others more. We wantthem to I guess tweedle their thumbs as the fans do all the things they don't want the judges to do.

I say someone like Jimmy and his mentors know talent. Every mentor this season has been awed by Jessica. I am going with their opinions and my ears , which generally agree with Jimmy and company. Voting Jessica out will only make someone like Akon & Jimmy offer a contract faster than she can get out the door. Jessica will be Ok. Hollie may not because she will not get a pity contract like she has been getting pity votes.
    Hollie got applause after her performance. What caused the silence, IMO, was the rude and dismissive behavior of the judges.
    Realitychick, jh2467 and Jaceegirl like this.

judges had not said a thing to her and it was deathly quiet as soon as she finished singing.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    judges had not said a thing to her and it was deathly quiet as soon as she finished singing.
    I don't recall that. I'll go back and listen. If you are right, then I don't know why. She certainly didn't do a terrible job. I have read many say that she nailed the song. And apparently more people liked it that the performances by Joshua, Elise and Jessica, one of which got a standing ovation. So, I'm not sure what to make of it.

........there was wild applause after her performance. Here's the link:
    Hollie Cavanagh: Perfect - Top 7 - AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 11 - YouTube
    Last edited by Debb70; 04-13-2012 at 12:12 PM.

FORT Fogey

The only point I have to make to all those who are supporting Jessica because music industry people are saying she is fabulous----Pia. I looked back at some old files and the day after she was dismissed, Jimmy signed her with his label and there was talk of rushing out her record ( surprising because I thought the winner got first dibs). Anyway. What happened with that; now it is a full year later and still nothing from her?

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

I was completely disgusted by the judges behavior last night. Yes, Jessica is a good singer, but that doesn't mean she is the best. Everyone has their own opinion. I personally prefer Colton and Phillip. She bores me to tears. The other contestants deserve an apology for the way they were talked about
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I don't recall that. I'll go back and listen. If you are right, then I don't know why. She certainly didn't do a terrible job. I have read many say that she nailed the song. And apparently more people liked it that the performances by Joshua, Elise and Jessica, one of which got a standing ovation. So, I'm not sure what to make of it.

........there was wild applause after her performance. Here's the link:
    Hollie Cavanagh: Perfect - Top 7 - AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 11 - YouTube

Thanks for posting this. I was doubting myself when I read that there was silence and she was so terrible., The girls sang it beautifully and with personality ( something missing with Jessica) and there was cheering during the song and after. The "shocked" ( my word) silence came with the judges' comments....and America showed how they felt about those!

i had a theory that last night was all scripted. As long as Ryan doesn't say that the voters did this, then they could fudge the results. They do have an extra week after all to fill.

However, after rewatching he makes it very clear that the bottom three were the results of viewer votes. I'm not surprised by Elise, she's been a bottom feeder for weeks. I thought Jessica and Joshua were doing better in the votes. What I took out of last night is that the judges knew who would be in the bottom and they knew they would use the save before the show even started. None of them are good enough actors to pull this off. I'm still extremely disgusted and angry with what happened last night.

So are the contestants.

Watch them, there is a point where Hollie and Skylar look at each other and make a face. Elise doesn't even bother clapping, she just stands there with an odd look on her face. The rest can barely muster the enthusiasm to clap till they realize that the cameras are on them. Yeah, they see the writing on the wall and I feel sorry for them. I just can't imagine how they must feel after seeing that disgusting display by the judges.

Finally.....I don't think anybody has said that Jessica cannot sing. I do believe we've all (mostly) said that the girl can sing. However, she is incredibly boring and lacks personality when she sings. I can only tolerate so much of her type of singing before I'm completely done with her. She needs to figure out how to add some excitement and interest to her songs. Hollie sings without connecting to her songs but so does Jessica. I find it funny that they compare these two to each other when in my mind they suffer from the exact same problems. Just because Jessica scrunches her face up doesn't mean she's more connected/emotional....sheesh.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Hollie got applause after her performance. What caused the silence, IMO, was the rude and dismissive behavior of the judges.
    They said very little to her. Tyler and Jennifer said she looked pretty, and Randy said wow its gone quiet in here.That's not verbatim, but he did say it had gone quiet. It was a very very awkward moment, Jennifer who cant act, or, perhaps doesn't lie very well, looked down. She looked down last night, she wasn't comfortable with all that nonsense. Tyler, I think he blurted out we will use the save tonight way way too early .It killed all the suspense and made me LOL .Did you see the look Ryan gave him?

Once Ryan AND Nigel tweeted it was bad ,and TMZ was reporting all about it. I knew it was a set up to use the save and have more tune in.I don't think there has been as much written about the bottom three in a long long time , if ever.Thats exactly what this show wanted. When you watch reality TV enough, you know when there are cracks. I see a big one in AI. It doesn't matter to me who wins, they have all had great exposure. I did post before, AI managed to insult the voters and the contestants .

Watch Ryan lecture everyone on the importance of voting .I also see it another way, they care so little for Jessica, they don't mind throwing her under the bus for the night .They don't care how badly she felt. All for the sake of ratings and ratings count more than she does.
    Babycakee and Jaceegirl like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I'm glad that the voters voiced their opinon through their votes. I suspect that the judges are too dense to get the message. Please someone tell them. Their bias may have caused some good singers to go home early or maybe not. Perhaps the viewers just aren't that fond of Joshua, Elise and Jessica. I have read lots of commments about all the contestants and I haven't found many that are impressed with Joshua or Jessica. They sing fine, but if you don't impress people enough to vote, then you shouldn't win. That applies to all the contestants, not just Hollie.

Not to sound mean, but I'm tickled pink. The judges needed a wake up call. I hope they are smart enough to get it. The fair thing to do is for the judges to appologize to Hollie and all the contestants they may have dismissed as unimportant and promise to do better. And then go on treating everyone with dignity and respect. I still don't care what they have to say, but at least it would be the right thing to do.

And next season.....please get us some new judges. I will NOT watch these judges ever again. I'm done with them.
    After so many years watching this (but not this year.... I agree do not like the judges) TPTB should realize people vote for who they like, not who they are told to like. And the more you dis someone, the more people will vote for them. ARe they still saying how many people are voting? It seems no one I know is watching the show anymore.
    Debb70 and Jaceegirl like this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread