+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Like Tree543Likes

Thread: 4/12 Results Show **Spoilers**

Re: 4/12 Results Show **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherLady View Post
    My opinions differ a bit from some others'. I didn't think the group number was good at all - reminded me of my daughter's high school show choir, and they were far from Glee quality.

But I enjoyed James D., and I don't really like that type of music.

So go figure...
    Same here. The group number was horrible. But I enjoyed James (DH didn't). Jennifer I listed for a few seconds then flipped the channel.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    I didn't realize that singer/songwriter was a slam. I prefer singer/songwriters. Jimmy thinks that the B3 are Phillip, Elise, Hollie. Skylar tried to look at the card and they didn't make Skylar pick. Yay! She is the first one safe.
    Some of my all time favorites are singer/songwriters (starting with Harry Chapin). If they have so many singer/songwriters on the show, why not let them do their own music?
    Babycakee likes this.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

Quote Originally Posted by spector View Post
    America got it wrong tonight. The judges will use their safe card tonight.
    Since we vote for who appeals to us, we cannot get it "wrong." I was surprised Joshua was in the bottom, but others didn't love his performance the way did. I was not surprised by either Elise or Jessica.
    Realitychick and Babycakee like this.

DH and I both really enjoyed James. It was great seeing him back on the stage. Jennifer however, I FF'd through - and I love Neyo too, but I couldn't make myself listen even with him singing too lol.

I thought the B3 was whacked! Glad I gave Phillip all my votes. The judges may have been OTT, but they are right, there is no way Jessica should go home before Hollie or Elise.
    Lil Bit likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

What I find so appauling is the "show" from the judges, their actions show no regard for the other contestants and yet they will want EVERYONE to move on "professionaly" and give their all...

Why? If you have already annointed Jessica and declared her the "best" seems a waste of time, talent and energy. I agree with the poster who said "just let the confetti rain already" and let everyone go onto their regularly scheduled life....

Here's to hoping the votes once again put her in the bottom and out the door...judges have no save now and although I am not a usual voting fan, their actions have ruffled my feathers and my fingers may be busy dialing "idol anyone" but Jessica come next week!

Quote Originally Posted by fan*addict View Post
    What I find so appauling is the "show" from the judges, their actions show no regard for the other contestants and yet they will want EVERYONE to move on "professionaly" and give their all...

Why? If you have already annointed Jessica and declared her the "best" seems a waste of time, talent and energy. I agree with the poster who said "just let the confetti rain already" and let everyone go onto their regularly scheduled life....

Here's to hoping the votes once again put her in the bottom and out the door...judges have no save know and although I am not a usual voting fan, their actions have ruffled my feathers and my fingers may be busy dialing idol anyone but Jessica come next week!
    Whether or not you or I agree with the judges really doesn't matter. Just listen to what Iovine & all of the mentors have said about Jessica. They are all floored with how good she is at just 16. This girl has something special & the folks that are in line to make her career happen know it. And that's what really matters!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Good thing this show isn't Americas Next Top Model then eh?
    Those girls on ANTM are dressed by stylists and designers to be walking clothes hangers for the designers.....not sure many of them could present themselves well with their own style.

On this show, don't they say it is the whole package. How you are dressed is pretty important and Elise has looked like a rag bag for at least the three latest shows

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    I agree with every word of this. I have also been watching since Season 2 and have never seen anything like that. My comment was, so why don't you crown her right now and tell everyone else to go home. Best is subjective and earlier in this season they were telling us to vote for the whole package. My bigger surprise was that Joshua was in the bottom 3, because in my opinon that was one of the best performances ever on AI. But I could see by reading the boards yesterday that I was in the minority with that opinion. I really don't think the judges' behavior is going to help their pet Jessica any. If they feel so strongly about her, then it doesn't matter when she leaves, just give her a contract and see what happens.
    No. I totally agree with you on this, Misty8723. I was shocked to say the least, to see Joshua in the bottom three last night. A place in my opinion, he didn't deserve to be.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Whether or not you or I agree with the judges really doesn't matter. Just listen to what Iovine & all of the mentors have said about Jessica. They are all floored with how good she is at just 16. This girl has something special & the folks that are in line to make her career happen know it. And that's what really matters!
    I don't disagree with your statement..I have said in previous posts, the girl is talented. However, you can have all of the talent in the world, but if no one "likes" YOU they won't come see you or buy your music. Those around her should know and understand this. It is the ADULTS and PROFESSIONALS around her that are leaving the nasty taste in America's mouth where Jessica is concerned. So Shame on the judges for their actions....shame on the fact that they (Iovine and others) feel they can pursuade me or make me feel as though I should like her because she is 16 and talented.

We all are drawn to different singers/styles that is why there are so many genres and singers...each to his own...I don't discount her talent, I just don't like being told by "the show" that she is great and I should love her and better yet....vote for her.

I think this format is difficult and hard for these kids...it is gruling and certainly not for the faint of heart, it is unacceptable that these adults behaved the way they did last night..scripted or otherwise it was in bad taste.

I'm glad that the voters voiced their opinon through their votes. I suspect that the judges are too dense to get the message. Please someone tell them. Their bias may have caused some good singers to go home early or maybe not. Perhaps the viewers just aren't that fond of Joshua, Elise and Jessica. I have read lots of commments about all the contestants and I haven't found many that are impressed with Joshua or Jessica. They sing fine, but if you don't impress people enough to vote, then you shouldn't win. That applies to all the contestants, not just Hollie.

Not to sound mean, but I'm tickled pink. The judges needed a wake up call. I hope they are smart enough to get it. The fair thing to do is for the judges to appologize to Hollie and all the contestants they may have dismissed as unimportant and promise to do better. And then go on treating everyone with dignity and respect. I still don't care what they have to say, but at least it would be the right thing to do.

And next season.....please get us some new judges. I will NOT watch these judges ever again. I'm done with them.
    Last edited by Debb70; 04-13-2012 at 11:51 AM.

+ Reply to Thread