+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree543Likes

Thread: 4/12 Results Show **Spoilers**

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

Re: 4/12 Results Show **Spoilers**

Other "chosen ones" have won their seasons but probably more have lost. Think David Archuletta, Melinda Doolittle, LaToya London, and Crystal Bowersox. I think the judges pimping is a big part of her problem, but I also think Jessica just isn't likable. I said it at USA Today but it bears repeating. Jessica has no charm and grace. The way she answered Ryan's question tonight about was she shocked didn't do anything to make anyone want to vote for her? Carrie Underwood would have been all humble. Jessica was none of that. She needed a reality check. The American public gave it to her, but the judges chastised the voters as stupid for not voting for her. So I'm sure she still believes her own hype.

Personally I don't like her. The voice is fine, but better voices have lost this competition. And in fact, there aren't many seasons where the best singer has won. I'm a Colton and Phil fan, but I worry that they'd suffer the same fate as Kris Allen or even worse Lee DeWyze. I'm afraid they won't sell well after. Still I'd prefer one of them or Joshua win this. Jessica would end up more Jordin Sparks than Kelly Clarkson. 17 year olds who have success early rarely have long standing careers. Yes Michael Jackson and Donny Osmond are exceptions, but also think about LeAnn Rimes, Tiffany, and Debbie Gibson. I think the only young artist who stands a chance at long term success is Taylor Swift. I'm not a fan, and I'm not even 80% sure she'll be around in 10 years. Bieber sure won't. Jessica and all the other young ones who try out for this show should get a clue about that and get some humility.
    combatcutie and Realitychick like this.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    When Steven said they would definitely use the save it almost seemed like he already knew who would be singing for their life. Do the judges know ahead of time who is the bottom of the pack before Ryan announces it? I truly don't think they would've saved Elise if it was her so for Steven to say that instantly makes me think all their surprised looks with their jaws on the floor was a big act.
    They have never explicitly said, but I personally believe that (as with SYTYCD where we know this to be the case from what Nigel has said) the judges are told beforehand who the bottom three are, though I doubt they are explicitly told who the lowest vote getter is. However, given that Nigel tweeted his reaction to the public about an hour before showtime, I expect that even if the judges didn't know who it was, the air among the production staff probably tipped them off that SOMEONE other than Elise was going.

I don't believe that the vote was rigged: I find it reasonable that Jessica was the lowest. She doesn't have an arc and (as we've seen time and again) a contestant without a story arc will not win this show.
    Last edited by jsciv; 04-13-2012 at 03:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    When Steven said they would definitely use the save it almost seemed like he already knew who would be singing for their life. Do the judges know ahead of time who is the bottom of the pack before Ryan announces it? I truly don't think they would've saved Elise if it was her so for Steven to say that instantly makes me think all their surprised looks with their jaws on the floor was a big act. I wasn't surprised Jessica was in the bottom- I don't feel anything when she sings and all her talk about her friends and shopping and hanging at the mall as well as her "BB Chez alter ego" does nothing to endear her to me. I know she is young, and she CAN sing, but something about her bugs me.

So Colton and Phillip are now the only 2 that have never been in the bottom I believe. Someone will have to do a little digging, but I don't think any of the previous 10 Idol Winners were ever in the bottom 2 or 3 in their respective seasons. I could be wrong, but I think I remember reading that somewhere.

I finally figured out what bugs me about Hollie's singing- it's too slow. That Pink Song last night needed the tempo picked up just slightly. It makes her sound like she is drawing every word out and over-enunciating them which makes it seems like she is trying to be technically correct. She needs a little pep in her singing and I think she will do ok. I noticed it in the group number again tonight.
    Wikipedia is our friend, but some of this I actually remembered.

Kelly Clarkson was never in the bottom 3.

Ruben was in the bottom 2. It was the week Trenyce went home. It came down between him and Josh Gracin as to who was safe and who was in the bottom. Simon panned Josh the night before (Disco) and the look on Josh's face looked like he'd pooped his pants. He honestly looked a bit embarrassed to still be there. I remember that well. Showed great humility on Josh's part. I'm still a fan today.

Fantasia was in the bottom 3 with LaToya and Jennifer the week Jennifer went home. She was bottom 2 with LaToya the week LaToya went home. Needless to say I was hoping for her to go both times.

Carrie Underwood was never in the Bottom 3. She is also the only true chosen one to win, and Bo gave her a run for her money. Best final 2 ever. BTW Bo was in the bottom 2 once after singing Free Bird on Birth Year week.

Taylor Hicks was never in the bottom 3.

Jordin Sparks was never in the bottom 3.

David Cook was never in the bottom 3.

Kris Allen was in the bottom 3 during the Rat Pack week when Matt went home for real (he was saved 2 weeks earlier). Adam was the other member of the bottom 3. "Chosen one" Danny Gokey was never in the bottom 3 until the top 4 when he was eliminated.

Lee DeWyze was never in the bottom 3. His opponent for the final 2, aka the chosen one for that season, Crystal Bowersox was also never in the bottom 3.

Scotty McCreery was never in the bottom 3. I think he was the chosen one last year. Lauren was talked about early on, but I really saw Scotty as the one to beat in the judges' eyes from day one.

So out of 10 winners, 7 of them were never in the bottom 3. And of the ones that were none of them have gone on to much. Pretty interesting recap there.

Quote Originally Posted by jsciv View Post
    Jessica's reactions were not fake. She was in total shock the whole way through: I felt a bit bad for her. First she visibly steels herself to sing, then just as she's getting into it Jennifer is all over her pushing her around, then she's being hugged, then she's back out front and then she's singing again... I expect that as soon as she got done and her mother (who was up behind her as the cameras stopped) got to her she lost it. At least she's safe and maybe she can use it to grow: winners need to grow and have a "plot line" for America to really embrace them. But I dunno, Phillip and Colton are looking like the final 2 to beat to me.
    From your lips to God's ears! I love those 2. What I'm afraid of is that they're splitting votes so one of them won't make it. I do think the other will be there.

Honestly the best story out of this season would be Colton, who the judges had to beg to even try out when he was only there to support his sister, would be the best story. I personally like both of them, but I'm waiting for both to have a David Cook "Hello" moment. They really need to take a song and turn it inside out and make it their own. That will get America talking.

Quote Originally Posted by yourefired View Post
    Wikipedia is our friend, but some of this I actually remembered.

Kelly Clarkson was never in the bottom 3.

Ruben was in the bottom 2. It was the week Trenyce went home. It came down between him and Josh Gracin as to who was safe and who was in the bottom. Simon panned Josh the night before (Disco) and the look on Josh's face looked like he'd pooped his pants. He honestly looked a bit embarrassed to still be there. I remember that well. Showed great humility on Josh's part. I'm still a fan today.

Fantasia was in the bottom 3 with LaToya and Jennifer the week Jennifer went home. She was bottom 2 with LaToya the week LaToya went home. Needless to say I was hoping for her to go both times.

Carrie Underwood was never in the Bottom 3. She is also the only true chosen one to win, and Bo gave her a run for her money. Best final 2 ever. BTW Bo was in the bottom 2 once after singing Free Bird on Birth Year week.

Taylor Hicks was never in the bottom 3.

Jordin Sparks was never in the bottom 3.

David Cook was never in the bottom 3.

Kris Allen was in the bottom 3 during the Rat Pack week when Matt went home for real (he was saved 2 weeks earlier). Adam was the other member of the bottom 3. "Chosen one" Danny Gokey was never in the bottom 3 until the top 4 when he was eliminated.

Lee DeWyze was never in the bottom 3. His opponent for the final 2, aka the chosen one for that season, Crystal Bowersox was also never in the bottom 3.

Scotty McCreery was never in the bottom 3. I think he was the chosen one last year. Lauren was talked about early on, but I really saw Scotty as the one to beat in the judges' eyes from day one.

So out of 10 winners, 7 of them were never in the bottom 3. And of the ones that were none of them have gone on to much. Pretty interesting recap there.
    As to the highlighted, I must say that is one of the most enduring & false impressions this show has ever had. The Season 4 winner was never in doubt & it was never even close. Many of the competitors from that season have gone on record as saying they knew from the git go that they were singing for second place.
    realityfan778 likes this.

This was the WORST elimination show in the history of Idol. Not only did the wrong person end up in the bottom, they had the entire bottom 3 wrong. And then there were two cringe worthy & fast forward moments when Durbin & Hudson both stunk up the place.
    MsDiva2007 likes this.

FORT Fogey

I thought it was a great show. Loved the "fooled ya" bottom three.....loved Skylar adamantly saying "No I'm not goint to do that" and walking to the seats.

Really. really loved the back lash directed at the judges by America.....and really, really loved that the dumb judges didn't get the message with Idiot Randy lecturing America that they are to vote for the best and this is the best ( Jessica). Combine that with the storming of the stage to protect the golden child......next week should be interesting.

FORT Fogey

And somebody better tell Elise that her outfits for the last three shows have not helped her.

The Kim Kardashian- wedding- jewels around her head for the result show last week was ugly as was the baggy dress. Her performance dress Wednesday was terrible and the fedora with the black tassel dress was really bad last night. We saw too much of the hat early on and I thought she realized it was an affectation and dumped it......but apparenlty that lesson was not learned.
    NFL1 and bee stung lips like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    And somebody better tell Elise that her outfits for the last three shows have not helped her.

The Kim Kardashian- wedding- jewels around her head for the result show last week was ugly as was the baggy dress. Her performance dress Wednesday was terrible and the fedora with the black tassel dress was really bad last night. We saw too much of the hat early on and I thought she realized it was an affectation and dumped it......but apparenlty that lesson was not learned.
    Good thing this show isn't Americas Next Top Model then eh?
    MsDiva2007 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    I've watched (and enjoyed) every season of AI starting with season 2. Tonight? Ridiculous behavior by and comments from the "judges". I was thoroughly disgusted by what went down. I hope there is a tremendous, swift and significant blacklash against the way the so-called judges decided to use and proceeded to carry out, their save.
    I agree with every word of this. I have also been watching since Season 2 and have never seen anything like that. My comment was, so why don't you crown her right now and tell everyone else to go home. Best is subjective and earlier in this season they were telling us to vote for the whole package. My bigger surprise was that Joshua was in the bottom 3, because in my opinon that was one of the best performances ever on AI. But I could see by reading the boards yesterday that I was in the minority with that opinion. I really don't think the judges' behavior is going to help their pet Jessica any. If they feel so strongly about her, then it doesn't matter when she leaves, just give her a contract and see what happens.
    Babycakee likes this.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

+ Reply to Thread