+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree543Likes

Thread: 4/12 Results Show **Spoilers**

Re: 4/12 Results Show **Spoilers**

I just don't understand the judges and their love for the 2 Js (Jessica and Joshua). You couldn't pay me to listen to one of their CDs--I can't even get through a single song (thank goodness for FF). The only folks I feel like could actually sell some records left in the competition are Colton and Skylar...Colton because he is actually a talented musician and Skylar because the country fans show the heck up when it comes to record sales. Outside of this, the talent is mega 'meh'...what has happened to AI!?

ps- I think someone should let Adele, Christina, Celine, Mariah and many other incredible talents know that a girl without a record deal (and, apparently, fans) is actually the greatest singer in America (perhaps EVER!). Just want to keep those platinum artists and grammy winners in the know....

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I've watched (and enjoyed) every season of AI starting with season 2. Tonight? Ridiculous behavior by and comments from the "judges". I was thoroughly disgusted by what went down. I hope there is a tremendous, swift and significant blacklash against the way the so-called judges decided to use and proceeded to carry out, their save.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I agree with what Bet2Win said. It is really subjective who is the "best" singer. I can't stand the Mariah Carey, Celine Dion, Whitney Houston, etc voices, so Jessica does absolutely nothing for me. Plus, she has a personality that is a turn-off, so that makes me not even want to throw her a vote for being likeable.

I like a voice that is different and unique, and a performance that is the same. So, Colton is my favorite. But, there are plenty of people here who find his voice, looks, and performance like nails on a chalkboard. So, to say that the only reason people aren't responding to Jessica is because of some sort of pity-party for Holly, or anger at the judges isn't true. People are responding to the other kids more strongly.

Although, I have to agree that the judges didn't help Jessica tonight by the way they acted. Even when Ryan talked to her and tried to get some response from her about being saved, she acted really strange about it all. Just no personality, warmth, or feelings coming out from her.

Another thing I thought about that happened last night was the piece they did on Holly and Joshua having a friendship. It really made them likeable and cute. Maybe Holly got some votes after seeing more of her personality like that. She's a technically good singer, so if she can get people liking her personality, she might stick around awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders View Post
    I agree with what Bet2Win said. It is really subjective who is the "best" singer. I can't stand the Mariah Carey, Celine Dion, Whitney Houston, etc voices, so Jessica does absolutely nothing for me. Plus, she has a personality that is a turn-off, so that makes me not even want to throw her a vote for being likeable.

I like a voice that is different and unique, and a performance that is the same. So, Colton is my favorite. But, there are plenty of people here who find his voice, looks, and performance like nails on a chalkboard. So, to say that the only reason people aren't responding to Jessica is because of some sort of pity-party for Holly, or anger at the judges isn't true. People are responding to the other kids more strongly.

Although, I have to agree that the judges didn't help Jessica tonight by the way they acted. Even when Ryan talked to her and tried to get some response from her about being saved, she acted really strange about it all. Just no personality, warmth, or feelings coming out from her.

Another thing I thought about that happened last night was the piece they did on Holly and Joshua having a friendship. It really made them likeable and cute. Maybe Holly got some votes after seeing more of her personality like that. She's a technically good singer, so if she can get people liking her personality, she might stick around awhile.
    She didn't seem excited, grateful, for the save. When Ryan asked her if she was surprised, she said no, she wanted to let people know how hard she's worked. Does she have fun singing? I don't know, I can't tell.

I'm with you on Celine Dion and Whitney Houston ... I appreciate their talent (well, not Celine's), but it's not what I choose to listen to. I'm on the fence with Mariah, I actually love her voice, but I wish she would just sing the melody, instead of constantly putting licks in.
    Last edited by Bet2Win; 04-13-2012 at 01:58 AM.

In the end it really does not matter who wins AI. People bote for all kinds of reasons, pity, too much pimping, what part of the country a contestant is from, etc. The only thing that matters is what happens after, look at Dautry, Lambert, Hudson, Aiken, all more successful than the winners of their seasons. So even if Jessica does not win I bet she still gets a record deal. The thing about this season is no one is that great, they've all had their moments. I suspect PP wins given the last three winners, but I hope the final three are Elise, Jessica & Joshua.
    NFL1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79 View Post
    You see time and again viewers here and elsewhere saying the judges couldn't make it more obvious that they want their chosen ones (aka Jessica and Joshua) as the F2 and will toss anyone else under the bus to achieve that. That will cause backlash. Who wants to sit in front of the TV and be told what to do and who to like?

I was just rather disgusted with the whole thing tonight. I've voted for four different people this season (Hollie, Skylar, Phillip, and Colton), and my current favorites are Colton and Skylar. I would buy a CD made by either of them. Yet I am wrong for voting for them? I am wrong for not supporting the singers in the B3? Oh, GMAB.

Jessica reminds me of Pia. She is very good technically, but she is dull as dirt (for me) emotionally. I feel more from Hollie than her, although she has a lot of the same problems (which is why I stopped voting for her). What irritates me about Jessica is the BB Chez stupidity, the poor man's Beyonce imitation, and the hype. Meanwhile, I don't like Joshua's singing because I don't like that style of music, but I do at least feel emotion from him and he doesn't irritate me. Elise is just meh for me.

The irony is, for all of JLo and Randy's whining and hissy fits, Jessica is toast now, IMO. There is no way she goes from dead last to winning, and I do not believe Joshua can win either. Especially considering the fact that I think once Colton or Phillip goes, the other will benefit in votes and likely win.

I'm just glad the save is done and over with. Now when they lose one of their pets, all they can do is lecture those of us who didn't like them some more.
    I hope the bottom 3 will be the same ones next week, just to rub it in the judges' faces. They are so blatantly biased. America knows who they are voting for. Yes, Jessica is a good singer, but I'm bored with the same performance every week. No growth to me. I won't buy her CD, but I would buy Colton's and maybe Elise's or Skylar's. I've bought CD's by Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, Daughtry, Kris Allen, David Cook, and even by Clay Aiken and David Archuleta.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    So Colton and Phillip are now the only 2 that have never been in the bottom I believe. Someone will have to do a little digging, but I don't think any of the previous 10 Idol Winners were ever in the bottom 2 or 3 in their respective seasons. I could be wrong, but I think I remember reading that somewhere.
    Kelly, Carrie, Taylor, Jordin, David, Lee and Scotty were never in the bottom.

Ruben was B2 in the week of 5.
    Fantasia was in the B3 in the week of 7 (when Jennifer Hudson was eliminated) and B2 in the week of 5.
    Kris was B3 in the week of 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Quemoni View Post
    I just had to log in to say THAT WAS SO FAKE!
    Jessica's reactions were not fake. She was in total shock the whole way through: I felt a bit bad for her. First she visibly steels herself to sing, then just as she's getting into it Jennifer is all over her pushing her around, then she's being hugged, then she's back out front and then she's singing again... I expect that as soon as she got done and her mother (who was up behind her as the cameras stopped) got to her she lost it. At least she's safe and maybe she can use it to grow: winners need to grow and have a "plot line" for America to really embrace them. But I dunno, Phillip and Colton are looking like the final 2 to beat to me.
    mesachick likes this.

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat View Post
    Good for Skylar refusing to pick a group!!

B3 is Joshua, Jessica, and Ellise. Wow!
    Remember when they tried that on Bo Bice and he sat down Indian style in the middle of the stage with a big grin on his face? That was classic and classy.
    combatcutie and Lil Bit like this.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders View Post
    She was in shock. I believe that to be her honest and true reaction to what was going on around her: she was shutting down to avoid losing it.
    NFL1 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread