+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree543Likes

Thread: 4/12 Results Show **Spoilers**

Re: 4/12 Results Show **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Ok I am on the side of the judges in this one. Jessica did not deserve to go home. The girl has been great since day one. Hollie has had her struggles. Hollie started out great in the competition,she just has no clue on how to use the mentors advise. It's not fair that Jessica could have left this competition because of people voting for Hollie to send a message to the Judges. Jessica has nothing to do with that. If Hollie is going to be in this business then she needs to toughen up and fight for what she wants.

I am so sick of great contestants leaving early because of something other than the sound coming out of their mouths vocally. I wish the judges had final say in all of the vote offs anyway. The judges are the ones with inside knowledge of talent. I just don't get the issues with Jessica. Apparently its not ok to be talented and know it
    Just to clarify, I have no issue with Jessica or the use of the save. In fact, Ryan asked the judges last night if people should vote based on last night's performance or on their body of work on the show. The reply was that people should vote for their favorites. I guess they did. I loved Jessica on Whitney tribute night ... but I really didn't care for her last night. She's a fine singer ... but I think all the women are. Frankly the way they have treated Hollie has influenced me in her favor and I suspect she has gotten some "pity" votes. If the producers/judges didn't think any of these contestants were talented enough to compete, then they shouldn't have chosen them to go forward. This is an amateur talent competition and (supposedly) decided by the public

Again, my issue is with the behavior of the judges who are adults, toward the contestants who, except for Elise, are just kids.
    I think all of these young people have behaved incredibly well in spite of the rather cruel treatment by the judges. Look at the way Phillip responded to outright criticism tonight. Very accepting and appreciative and said they are "trying to help us not knock us down."

Jennifer's antics I feel succeeded in assisting Deandre out the door, and now they may have spoiled things for Jessica as well as the rest of them. Perhaps America feels that in the framework of the show, it is they, the audience, who makes the decisions and not the judges.

Again, I was just clarifying my position and not necessarily disagreeing with you. It is just difficult for me to join you on the side of the judges because I have lost any respect for them as human beings.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by mslady View Post
    I am so mad that I hardly know what to say first. The charade that the judges just pulled off has spoiled the entire season. They insulted both the audience and the six other
    contestants. I have been a loyal fan since season 1 and have generally respected Randy's comments because they seemed accurate and fair. However, his blatant bias
    for Jessica reeks of an obvious desire to predetermine the winner.

With their ludicrous behavior, the judges have rendered themselves irrelevant and their evaluations can no longer be trusted. If they have any integrity, they will apologize
    to the other 6 contestants and the voting audience.
    I completely agree with all you've said. I'm reminded tonight, and have to keep telling myself (tonight especially) that this is a reality show. It's all looking so scripted all of a sudden. Last night the forced awkwardness after Hollie sang...even the audience all got quiet as Randy was about to critique her. It was so odd! And now this farce of a results show tonight. I thought AI was different than all the other reality shows I watch. I don't think that anymore. Soooo disappointed.
    sclilred1 and Jaceegirl like this.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Thanks to all your comments, I'm not watching tonight as my blood pressure shot up. Instead I tweeted my disappointment over the judges behavior to #AmericanIdol. This show is given over to the viewers once the live shows begin. However and why viewers vote is their business - either from fandom or frustration - all votes are valid. IF they don't want the viewers involved because they are stupid and don't know how to vote, then restructure the show to take them out of the picture. Otherwise, leave us alone to dial/text/online our votes as we wish.
    Thor, Shoepie, mindy384 and 6 others like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I just don't get why its ok to vote for Hollie out of Pity. Yet the Judges are not to praise a good singer. I can see it now Welcome to American Idol this year's winner with a landslide of votes out of Pity is "Hollie" I am sure that is not the way that child wants to win this show.smh. The quiet after her performance lastnight was because she was horrible.

The sad part is Jessica is probably going to pay for this little pity party in the end. At least I can tell Akon will have Jessica on speed dial and work with her before her tears dry when Pity for some contestant eventually gets rid of her.
    Lil Bit and mesachick like this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Unfortunately, the show hasn't been about discovering talent in a long, long time. As I said, I don't have a horse in this race, and never vote anyway, so I truly don't care. I just wish the judges would judge, not say who deserves or doesn't deserve to go and not show favoritism. Let the people decide, even if it is a popularity contest. Besides, I am one of those who really don't think the AI winner is truly voted on by the public. I think there is a lot of voter manipulation going on.
    I agree with everything you have said . Eastcoastmom

Note to Tyler, your hair made you look creepy!

Note to Randy, Jessica is not The best singer in America , ever! (that is what he said) she may be on this show in his opinion, but never have I seen Randy act so OTT.

I really don't think Tyler was supposed to say they would use the save so early, in this contrived set up
    NFL1, Realitychick, Kip and 1 others like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I just don't get why its ok to vote for Hollie out of Pity. Yet the Judges are not to praise a good singer. I can see it now Welcome to American Idol this year's winner with a landslide of votes out of Pity is "Hollie" I am sure that is not the way that child wants to win this show.smh. The quiet after her performance lastnight was because she was horrible.

The sad part is Jessica is probably going to pay for this little pity party in the end. At least I can tell Akon will have Jessica on speed dial and work with her before her tears dry when Pity for some contestant eventually gets rid of her.
    Hollie wont win.It will back to normal next week.They needed some drama.You heard what Jimmy said Bottom three Philip , Elise and Hollie. Jimmy was right.
    pintobean and MsDiva2007 like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

My point is that for whatever reason the voters push those buttons, it is their choice. If the judges want to play both judge AND jury, the show should be revamped.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

What is inappropriate is for the judges to say in front of the rest of the contestants that Jessica deserves to be there more than all of the rest of them. If a person likes a singer who sings ballads, they will love Jessica. If a person likes a singer with a grittier/grovely voice, they will love Philip. If a person likes a singer with a R & B/gospel voice, they will love Joshua; country voice, Skylar, etc.

I personally love singers like Alanis Morrisette, Pink, Leon Russell, Eric Clapton ... I'm not partial to ballad singers. So for Randy to say that Jessica is the best singer in America is his opinion; but it's not mine, and apparently she isn't connecting with a lot of people.

I'm on the West Coast, and after reading here, I watched the last portion of the results show tonight. They really pimped Jessica. How is that fair to the other contestants?
    Last edited by Bet2Win; 04-13-2012 at 01:04 AM.

I just now got to see the show, and I was a little surprised, but not really.

You see time and again viewers here and elsewhere saying the judges couldn't make it more obvious that they want their chosen ones (aka Jessica and Joshua) as the F2 and will toss anyone else under the bus to achieve that. That will cause backlash. Who wants to sit in front of the TV and be told what to do and who to like?

I was just rather disgusted with the whole thing tonight. I've voted for four different people this season (Hollie, Skylar, Phillip, and Colton), and my current favorites are Colton and Skylar. I would buy a CD made by either of them. Yet I am wrong for voting for them? I am wrong for not supporting the singers in the B3? Oh, GMAB.

Jessica reminds me of Pia. She is very good technically, but she is dull as dirt (for me) emotionally. I feel more from Hollie than her, although she has a lot of the same problems (which is why I stopped voting for her). What irritates me about Jessica is the BB Chez stupidity, the poor man's Beyonce imitation, and the hype. Meanwhile, I don't like Joshua's singing because I don't like that style of music, but I do at least feel emotion from him and he doesn't irritate me. Elise is just meh for me.

The irony is, for all of JLo and Randy's whining and hissy fits, Jessica is toast now, IMO. There is no way she goes from dead last to winning, and I do not believe Joshua can win either. Especially considering the fact that I think once Colton or Phillip goes, the other will benefit in votes and likely win.

I'm just glad the save is done and over with. Now when they lose one of their pets, all they can do is lecture those of us who didn't like them some more.

I don't know why you're saying that she's a robo-singer when she emotes really well and she sings the hell out of a song. She very polished and sings like a pro. As for Hollie, now i've never seen more robotic than Robbie of the Forbidden Planet!

+ Reply to Thread