+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree119Likes

Thread: 4/11 AI 11 Top 7 Performance Show **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 4/11 AI 11 Top 7 Performance Show **West Coast Spoilers**

I'm not sure I agree with Steven. I didn't think that Colton was all that good (he wasn't bad but coming after Skylar, he's weakness is showing). I agree with Jennifer, the song wasn't quiet there. I think Colton has the kind of voice that needs to be in a studio. No, not auto-tuned but there are some singers who are better recording artists than live singers. I bet he sounds much better in the studio.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

I took Colton's remark two ways. Either they are friends and he is trying to avoid the thought of them being up against each other. Or Phillip is the front runner and he doesn't want to be percieved as falling short. I don't think it was a diss kind of thing.
    angelic_one2002 and Jaceegirl like this.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

I liked Colton! He is moving up in the rankings with me, he has surpassed Phil Squared. Colton changes it up every week, and P2 sounds exactly the same every time.
    BerryCrazy and Jaceegirl like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs View Post
    I took Colton's remark two ways. Either they are friends and he is trying to avoid the thought of them being up against each other. Or Phillip is the front runner and he doesn't want to be percieved as falling short. I don't think it was a diss kind of thing.
    Yeah, I thought that too after I posted that. I also thought that it was probably taken completely out of context to try and create drama. Not sure why they would want to make him look bad. It such an odd comment and thing to say that it stood out for me.

I think I may actually be downloading some songs for the first time in a couple of years! I really am curious to hear if Colton sounds better in the studio and I loved what Skylar did.
    Jaceegirl likes this.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    I'm not sure I agree with Steven. I didn't think that Colton was all that good (he wasn't bad but coming after Skylar, he's weakness is showing). I agree with Jennifer, the song wasn't quiet there. I think Colton has the kind of voice that needs to be in a studio. No, not auto-tuned but there are some singers who are better recording artists than live singers. I bet he sounds much better in the studio.
    One way to find out. I plan to download it on Itunes and they do studio recordings for those. So if it is a song I like and a singer I like and that singer messes up live, I know I can still download it and it will be fine. (Example: Michael Johns on Dream On with the epic fail scream, the Itunes version is fine.)
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

That's how I took that comment too, AsIs. I think the two are probably friends. So far, Colton's performance has impressed me the most. He seems to be able to change a song up really well.
    BerryCrazy likes this.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Agreed. I don't think he meant it as a diss. What an interesting take on the Eminem song. Very unique. I like Colton, I think he has a good voice but there are some singers that are better in this competition. But even with that, his performances always entertain me. So I prefer him over the better singers in the competition. Sometimes having a perfect pitch/sound doesn't make a better singer in my opinion.
    ilja and Jaceegirl like this.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

Two for Two, really liked Colton as well!
    Yep, so far so good. I like Colton enough - and this was a nice performance, it had some beautiful parts in there. I worry about him being in the 2nd spot - think that will affect his votes? Who's going last - do we know?

Skylar did a nice job too. I'm not blown away by these two, but not disappointed at all. Good show so far!

Does anyone know if the Song Colton did is normally part rap? That is my recollection, which is why I liked his version of the song.

Whoa, third cover of this song in two weeks (Voice, Glee, now Idol). Must be on Smash next week! LOL

Thought they did a good job with it.

+ Reply to Thread