+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718 LastLast
Like Tree119Likes

Thread: 4/11 AI 11 Top 7 Performance Show **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Realitychick View Post
    I like Colton, I think he has a good voice but there are some singers that are better in this competition. But even with that, his performances always entertain me. So I prefer him over the better singers in the competition. Sometimes having a perfect pitch/sound doesn't make a better singer in my opinion.
    I agree. I get bored with the "better singers" because they do the same thing every week. Change it up like Colton. Some of the power singers need to tone it down at times, not power their way thoughout the whole song.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott View Post
    That was awful!
    ITA! I can't believe the judges loved the performance. Oh wait, their favorites Jessica and Joshua were in it...
    Last edited by Arielflies; 04-12-2012 at 11:46 AM.
    angelic_one2002 and Shoepie like this.

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat View Post
    Jessica has a nice voice, but I'm not really a fan. She doesn't hold my interest.
    The only time I liked her was her duet with Joshua last week... that was fantastic!
    \

I agree. Yes, she has a fantastic voice, but if any of her songs came on the radio I would flip the channel quick.

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat View Post
    I liked Colton! He is moving up in the rankings with me, he has surpassed Phil Squared. Colton changes it up every week, and P2 sounds exactly the same every time.
    I'm not sure I agree that Colton changes it up any more than Philip does. He always sounds the same to me, and I really don't enjoy his singing all that much. He is another one if the song came on the radio, I would flip the dial. He was a bit better than last week though.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 04-12-2012 at 11:47 AM.
    Jaceegirl likes this.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Re: 4/11 AI 11 Top 7 Performance Show **West Coast Spoilers**

I have been watching this since Season 3 & I have to say that the duet between Skylar & Colton was the biggest off pitch mess I think I have ever witnessed. The judges definitely heard something I didn't, or the didn't hear what I did. Either way, it stunk.
    NFL1 likes this.

I think Jessica is very talented and but I think SHE thinks that too. She needs to find her own identity and stop doing Beyonce imitations. She's been practicing in the mirror a little too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Realitychick View Post
    In the minority but I liked Hollie this week. Thought she sounded beautiful.
    I will join you in the minority. I liked her too and have liked her most every week. I think she's just this season's Hayley, someone for the judges to dump on. She is definitely not as bad as they are making her out to be. In fact, I like the tone of her voice and I would listen to her over Jessica any day of the week. If they are worried that she is going to steal their pet Jessica's votes ... it's apples and oranges.

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post
    Some of Elise's song I liked a lot, and some not at all. But in general, it was good - and Randy's trying to keep her in the competition. Compared to how they treated Hollie, they want Elise in it.
    I liked the beginning and the end, the middle .. not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherLady View Post
    I liked Haley's version better.
    I don't remember Hayley's version.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    Just walked through the door, and there was Hollie kicking a$$! Yet, the judges and the audience apparently didn't see it the same way.
    I saw it that way too Uncle David, but they have determined that she is the one who will be thrown under the bus this season, and it doesn't matter what she does. I hope she realizes that too and doesn't take it to heart, because she has a beautiful voice.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 04-12-2012 at 11:47 AM.
    NFL1 and Jaceegirl like this.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

I wasn't really impressed with any of them last night. I don't think Joshua deserved a standing ovation that's for sure. Colton didn't squeak through his song, so that was a nice plus lol.
    Debb70 likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I can't believe I haven't even turned this show on at all this season. I don't know who is who. Should I care?
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

I think the judges need to learn some manners. Hollie has a voice that Jennifer and Steven can only dream of having, yet they dismiss her like she isn't worth their time or comment. It's outright rude and unacceptable. I am glad that Hollie has the guts to just smile though it and continue to improve. You don't pick favorites with the others, ignore their problem errors and then just diss on her. For a minute I thought they would going to say that Jessica and Joshua were perfect in that trio, but Hollie ruined it. That's how biased they are against her. I'm done with all 3 of them. I don't think the audience was down with Hollie, I think they were shocked that supposedly professional judges would be so completely unprofessional AND obvious in their bias. I'm done with all 3 of them because of this.

I will stick around to see how long Hollie can keep up her self-confidence despite the judges hatred for her. And I can't wait to see how nervous they get when their pets start duking it out! That will be interesting. Who will they turn on then?
    Realitychick and Jaceegirl like this.

Quote Originally Posted by BerryCrazy View Post
    Some of the power singers need to tone it down at times, not power their way thoughout the whole song.
    Skylar does this....I like the girl she seems spunky and fun..but I feel as though she is shoving her songs down my throat, she seems to do the "louder is better" singing..too forceful..

Speaking of "angry singing"..Phillip is grating on my last nerve as well...although I like is "individualism" and have been a fan from the beginning...I would like to see a softer gentler Phillip....

Now Colton...is beginning to see the light, I did not like him at first..but the kid is growing on me, I think he is getting better each week, maybe he is finding his stride..but I kinda like this guy!

Quote Originally Posted by Antbuggy
    I think Jessica is very talented and but I think SHE thinks that too. She needs to find her own identity and stop doing Beyonce imitations. She's been practicing in the mirror a little too long.
    Could not have said it better!...she has a fabulous voice but I find her plastic, dull and too "expectant" of praise...

Hollie is such a little doll...(well she could be~actually), she just is getting lost in this competition because she is too similar to Jessica and well...Jessica gets all the praise so Hollie will be going soon.

Elise is the female rocker and usually those "types" don't last too long.... as the judges said she either gets it spot on or crashes and burns....she will become a victim of the voters soon no matter how much "propping up" the judges do....
    Lil Bit and BerryCrazy like this.

FORT Fogey

Fan Addict--I agree with EVERY word you wrote

+ Reply to Thread