+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718 LastLast
Like Tree119Likes

Thread: 4/11 AI 11 Top 7 Performance Show **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 4/11 AI 11 Top 7 Performance Show **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    Man, this show is trying so hard to help her/save her (Elise). They should bring some babies up there for her to kiss and some puppies. Skylar should have been last, best of the night for me. I actually liked Colton too.

Best:

Skylar, Colton

Meh:

Phillip, Jessica, Joshua

Worst:

Hollie, Elise
    I agree completely with the best of the night being Skylar and Colton. Jessica, Joshua, Phillip and Elise were meh for me. The way the judges have been promoting Jessica, Joshua, and Elise have almost pushed me in the opposite direction. I almost feel as far as they are concerned the season is over and the F2 should be Joshua and Jessica. Of course JMO as I am no music expert by any means. I just know what I like to hear.

I thought Hollie was good and do not know why the judges keep throwing her under the bus.
    Last edited by Jaceegirl; 04-12-2012 at 12:35 AM.
    Debb70 likes this.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Just walked through the door, and there was Hollie kicking a$$! Yet, the judges and the audience apparently didn't see it the same way.
    Lil Bit and Jaceegirl like this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    Just walked through the door, and there was Hollie kicking a$$! Yet, the judges and the audience apparently didn't see it the same way.
    Couldn't agree more and why do they keep throwing her under the bus?
    NFL1 and Debb70 like this.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    Couldn't agree more and why do they keep throwing her under the bus?
    Off the top of my head... she's competition for Jessica.
    Jaceegirl likes this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    Off the top of my head... she's competition for Jessica.
    Yes, she is. I thought she was much much better tonight. They all looked down, and everything went quiet, and uncomfortable .Judges please judge!
    Uncle David, Debb70 and Jaceegirl like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I agree completely with the best of the night being Skylar and Colton. Jessica, Joshua, Phillip and Elise were meh for me. The way the judges have been promoting Jessica, Joshua, and Elise have almost pushed me in the opposite direction. I almost feel as far as they are concerned the season is over and the F2 should be Joshua and Jessica. Of course JMO as I am no music expert by any means. I just know what I like to hear.

I thought Hollie was good and do not know why the judges keep throwing her under the bus.
    I feel the very same I am so sick of them pushing Jessica , Joshua and Elise, its enough to make me want to vote for anybody but them! oh yeah, I cant vote

I think they were all good tonight, so I am glad I am not voting

I really enjoyed Colton Skylar really turned it up a notch. I even liked Elise tonight and I haven't been her biggest fan.I really liked the duets, I wish Colton and Philip would sing together. I liked Philip, more tonight than last week. It was all good for me. I haven't a clue who will go home. I am guessing Hollie since they gave her nothing to go on( you look pretty tonight) yup thats helpful!

I think they want Jessica and Joshua as the final two . As much as I love Jessica's voice she bores me. Joshua at least moves

BTW Jennifer, you are getting too thin, you used to look voluptuous.
    Jaceegirl likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs View Post
    Really liked Skyler tonight.
    Me too and I never have. Loved loved Colton though. Totally Billy Joel esque. I love his tone.
    Jaceegirl likes this.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    Colton: "I hate being compared to anybody in this competition. Especially Phillip Phillips." WTH is that supposed to mean, man he just came off like such a DB. Dude, you are so dangerously close to me not liking you. Grrrr.........get off my TV thin squeaky voice.

By the way, I like Phillip but he's been losing steam with me ever since his audition. I just didn't like that comment at all and would have found it insulting no matter what name he inserted.

That being said, he's doing a good job with this song. Liked Skylar's song better but he should be safe.

I think that was Colton's attempt at dry humor. Or else he feels like he's more talented than Phillip. Personally he and Phillip are my two favorites and I'd prefer to see them singing for the title.

Or maybe Phillip is a DB or Colton is. I don't really care personally. John Mayor is DB enough for 10 people but man his music is kick ass.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

Hmmmm....I don't know why they were all praises for Elise. She wasn't that good. I thought Joshua was good but I don't think that's a standing ovation moment. OTOH, I thought Jessica had a lot of passion in her singing and she sings like a pro. Colton I think did well too. Skylar, Holllie, Elise, & PP where on the same level which is meh.

1. Jessica
    2. Joshua
    3. Colton
    4. Phillip
    Bottom 3
    5. Elise
    6. Hollie
    7. Skylar

Going Home: This is tough as it will be between Hollie and Elise but neither will get the save.
    Shoepie likes this.

April 11, 2012: The Top Seven

1. Skylar Laine. If I didnít know better, Iíd swear this thing was auto tuned; a Skylar Laine Ė T Pain collaboration. This was absolute pitch on full display, and it was effortless. What a beautiful and emotional performance! I believed her; I felt her passion. She is not the best singer here (Jessica is) nor the best artist (Colton is) nor the prettiest (Holly is), but she is far and away the most fearless and competitive contestant Iíve ever seen on Idol. She will fight you with everything sheís got, and do it til death. Because I love and admire these qualities and because I still canít get this performance out of my head, I ranked her here. Good job Skylar. Another thing, the reason for Skylarís sudden astronomical rise to prominence of Idol is Jimmy Iovine. Last season Jimmy and Haley were oil and water; couldnít agree of the time of day (for the record, Haley was right), but found a perfect pupil this time round; he and Skylar enjoy perfect partnership. Thank you, Skylar. You are a perfect ambassador for American Idol.
    2. Colton Dixon. It seems that Colton presented it as a love song, and when you look like that (dude is pretty), I guess you can, since the very nature of art is to personalize meaning, but these lyrics, as written, have nothing to do with love. Rather they describe the deceptive practices levied against artists by the music industry. But this was not one of Coltonís best; I donít know why but he was not emotionally connected or emotionally invested, so I got very little from this performance. It took months for me to finally ďgetĒ and ďfeelĒ who he is as an artist, and now that I know that, itís easy to recognize his absences. Skylar, Joshua, and Holly are my favorites but I like Colton as well.
    3. Elyse Testone. This one was not prefect, but her old school, pop jazz, torch ballad approach worked for me. I loved it; easily her best performance yet. Elyse has limited range and utilizes relative pitch at best, so when she over-sings (last week), loses tonal integrity, and ends up flat (on her face). But on this night, she was one with her music, one with her ailing vocal cord. After so many near misses, it is a personal pleasure to finally join her in a performance; the first time thatís happened this season. I wanted it, was always willing, but I have a very low tolerance for off-key and off-melody. They way she disassembled these lyrics to re-create them in her image is the very definition of artistry and musicianship. Good job Elyse!
    4. Jessica Sanchez. Make no mistake; this was an exquisite performance of a very difficult song! Jessica nailed it shut. Jasmine Sullivan is a well known young R&B singer; very distinct and recognizable. Every time I hear her, I wonder if she graduated from the Anita Baker School of Music; they are eerily similar. The problem, as I see it, is this. I doubt the average Idol viewer (average age of 45) even knows Jasmine Sullivan, a stylish young romantic R&B crooner, and I doubt they bother listening to this R&B regularly; it rarely crosses over and is seldom found at the top of the Billboard Pop Chart. So I do not think Jessica was able to steal votes with this performance. I like Jessica; sheís easily the best singer here; just not one my favorites; Probably because she's so petite and so young it's difficult to relate to her.
    5. Joshua Ledet. He chose it but will probably regret it. I love this guy; heĎs now my favorite; but, I donít know, I just donít know. This is a toughie! There was not much in these lyrics to grab hold of from the start, so when you couple that with a barely recognizable hook, a Las Vegas stage, dancing dolls, and an unusually loud band, thereís not much here to tug the old heart string and make us vote for two hours. I donít get it. If Bruno Mars, why Runaway Baby; a song with no R&B or gospel in it and no way to make that happen? A song never released as a single in America? And finally, hereís the head scratcher. If Bruno Mars, then why not one the most popular and beautiful love songs of 2011, It Will Rain? The song is easily adapted to his R&B, easily. I canít believe he pick Runaway Baby over It Will Rain. I just donít get it.
    6. Holly Cavanaugh. In my opinion, this was another vocally accurate, if not very interesting, performance. Holly is a wonderful singer; I like her immensely, but I begin to see now why she has fallen out of favor with the judges. I love her, I am probably her biggest fan; I picked her to win the whole thing; but even I must now admit that she is out of her depth. It pains me to say it but I suffered cognitive dissonance with this one. I knew that others did it better but because I liked her so much, kept making excuses for her. So I guess Randy, Jenny, and Steven were right all along. I love these lyrics but not the song. Pink sells out; she disappears inside her lyric. Holly is just not there yet.
    7. Phillip Phillips. I knew Phillip would have trouble with Jenny this week. I saw the surprise and shock on her face, and I watched it fall, as Phillip mouthed off to Jimmy Iovine last week: ďIím not trying to run around the stage and shake peoples hands and stuffĒ. Ouch! These are not the words of someone with whom a music producer, A&R rep, or manger can work. I noted several weeks ago that Phillip was a head case; when they pleaded with him to wear a different shirt. Can you imagine working with an aspiring young singer who wonít even compromise the color of a shirt? Unbelievably naÔve. His words could easily be interpreted to mean ďI donít want to shake your handĒ, or ďI donít want to be near youĒ or ďI donít need your supportĒ. What a silly thing to say to a television audience upon which you must depend for a successful career in music. I like Phillip but got nothing from this performance. He should have listened to Jimmy.

Smart Choices (the perfect match). Will post the girls tomorrow night:

Colton Dixon
    Perfect Pick: When I Look To The Sky (Train)
    The second half of this song is where the bountyís buried. This is an inspirational pop song that works on both the spiritual and secular level; and whatís more; itís piano based; a perfect match for Colton.
    Second Choice (two might need a pronoun change to work on a spiritual level):
    Meant to Live, Switchfoot (religious)
    I Remember You, Skid Rowe
    Somewhere Only We Know, Keane
    November Rain, Guns Ní Roses
    Say Hello to Heaven, Chris Cornell

Phillip Phillips

Perfect Pick: Witness (Bo Bice)
    (A perfect song for what he likes to do; a hard driving, guitar driven, blues based, southern rock song thatís full of fun, one that fits him like a glove)
    Second Choice:
    Letís Donít Call it A Night, Casey James
    Black Jesus, Everlast
    See The Light, Bo Bice
    Whipping Post, Almand Brothers Band

Stiff Upper Lip, AC/DC

Joshua Ledet

Perfect Pick: Yesterday (Mary, Mary)
    I have waited patiently for eleven years for someone with the right stuff to sing it. I begged Jacob Lusk but got nowhere. It is absolutely perfect for Joshua, and itís a song I bet he already knows).
    Second Choice:
    If I, Jesse Powell
    You Are My Lady, Freddie Jackson
    I Look To You, Whitney Houston
    Purple Rain, Prince
    It Will Rain, Bruno Mars
    How Does It Feel, DíAngelo
    Ainít No Way, Kenny Lattimore
    For Your Precious Love, Otis Reding

Akon needs a cup of coffee.
    Last edited by liedenfrost; 04-12-2012 at 04:24 AM.
    Jaceegirl likes this.

+ Reply to Thread