+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: 4/5 AI 11 Top 8 Results Show **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 4/5 AI 11 Top 8 Results Show **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    I have been loving Jimmy this year....he calls them perfectly and lets the judges know when they screwed up. Now the D. non-save was fascinating. Here is Jimmy telling them that their fawning over him was not correct...they still go on about him when the bottom two were presented in saying that America got it half right ( I am guessing that they were still dissing Elise) and then both guys vote not to save him.

I did not see that coming.
    Yes but he says all that after the fact. When he says they shouldn't tell Phillip he is great, because he wasn't great this time around .I have to stand up for Simon and why I miss him.Simon wasn't perfect, but he did hand out constructive criticism. I find the contestants don't have anything to go on.They all seem a little lost .Having Jimmy say what he does in a little blurb after the fact and just before someone is going home, seems redundant to me.

If you listen to any of them that have made it on this show, many of them said Simon gave them what they needed .I never hear that now, never. It's like a huge love-fest, where they are all called baby and they are all beautiful. Randy says they are in it to win it!! Oh boy, who knew??

It's really the same on DWTS, quite a few of them have said their goal is to make Len happy, why? because he does what he should be doing.He judges them. I think that's why AI has lost some of its shine for me

Rant over ( sorry)

Happy Easter
    Shoepie, echo226 and AZChristian like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherLady View Post
    It's DeAndre.

Master Blaster! Best thing he ever did! I wish they would save him!
    If he had sung like that, with that voice, for the entire time he might not have found himself in the position of being eliminated. I really like him better than any of the other guys when he sings like that.

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post
    Like Jimmy said about Phillip, it's hard to push yourself if you're always being told how great you are. I didn't like Phil's comment about how he's not going to go touch hands in the crowd or whatever; while I understand it may not be in his comfort zone, sometimes you've got to try to do things you don't want to do (like wear a color other than gray). He's got to be careful to not come off cocky or ungrateful. I like his voice, even though this week was just okay, and hope he sticks around.
    I thought it totally missed the mark of what Jimmy was saying. Walking around and touching hands (which is annoying to watch anyway) is not how you push yourself in a SINGING competition. He needs to push himself musically instead of sounding the same week after week. I don't give a flip what they wear (grey or otherwise), I just want to hear some good singing. I do enjoy watching Phillip, but I would not buy a CD.

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    They have been excluding Hollie and Elise from any positive comments just about every week except last week they did praise Elise some.
    It stinks because you can see the hurt looks on their faces. Elise is a little older so maybe can take it a little better ... but my heart hurts for Hollie. She's just a kid and hasn't had the background, coaching and experience that queen Jess has had.

Again ... what a thing to say ... "half and half" indeed! ~ Shame on her. Bring back Paula who would never have cut someone off at the knees like that.
    True they let Simon do the dirty work ... but Simon did it a little differently.
    I have a feeling they're running Hollie down so the votes won't get split between her and Jessica? Jennifer? Can't remember her name.

I really think people should go back and listen to some of Simon's comments. He was definitely not any "nicer." And they did make comments like that 'half and half' one all the time. I never liked it then, and I don't like it now. I knowi t's a reality show and the producers want drama, but the classy thing would be to say that there is no right or wrong, it's whatever America decides.

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    That was me TL ... but tonight, weren't all the saves in the top row of chairs and the bottom 3 in the bottom row? Left to right in the bottom row were PP, Elise. Deandre and Hollie. Tonight I thought they would bring them down a row at a time. I'm starting to hallucinate about this stuff. It just shows to go you where things are when thoughts are on seating arrangements and not talent!

I guess the duets were some sort of foreshadowing ... but in a way I think it was yet another way to try to orchestrate the outcome.
    I haven't paid much attention to seating arrangements lately, but in earlier years you could definitely pick out the bottom 3 by the way they were arranged. I used to make a game of it and was right most of the time.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 04-06-2012 at 01:37 PM.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    Actually this season has so much depth than the previous two seasons and perhaps of all seasons save for Heejun and that Jermaine. Just compare the contestants from previous seasons. The worst was two years ago when Lee Dewyze won. The only real talent there was Crystal Bowersox but she stood out only because they had a crapload of contestants she went up against with. Last year was bad too, there were no true artists, well maybe Casey but he got stranger and stranger every week. The winner sang the same kind of crap every week not knowing how to change up a song except by countrifying it.

Anyway, so that's the last of the wildcard contestant. I believe that the save is not reserved for those who already got save via the wildcard so there was no doubt in my mind that they will save Deandre. Of course based on the performance last night, Elise or Hollie should be bottom 2 and one of them should have gone home. Unfortunately, Deandre got the death spot but I was hoping he got the pimp spot but they gave that to Skylar. I don't think they will use the save for them or Skylar. The judges will use the save for PP, Jessica, Colton and Joshua. Did Ryan say they can only use the save until the top 5? So when it's down to 6 or 7, they will definitely use it unless all 4 of their favorites are still there.
    I have pretty much lost interest in the show. I can catch up online when I want .I haven't seen the likes of an Adam Lambert or Cooke, or a Daughtry and lots of others for a long time .I wouldn't download or buy anything from these singers. I think the final two are obvious and for me a little boring.
    JunkieGirl, Shoepie and Bet2Win like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs View Post
    Elise reminds me of Haley from last year. Both in voice and the nasty venom that Ms JLo throws her way. It's a shame. They do seem to have a talented group this year. But once the judges are done driving the bus over Elise, is probably when I will stop watching this year.

Not saying her performance was good last night. But I am so tired of the boys or their favorites screwing up and they praise and throw roses at them, then go over the top dissing people not in their favor. I just don't find that entertaining.
    I think Hayley was a way better singer than Elise. I wasn't a fan of Haley at the end because of her spoiled brat reaction to the negative criticism, but I started out being one. Elise has never interested me. This show has been the same since (probably) day one. Over the top praise for some, no praise at all for others. It's a reality show after all.

And weren't people complaining last year that the judges never said anything negative?

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post
    I thought of David Cook too, because during his season there was LOTS of talk of his attitude and cockiness. I didn't see it that way, of course (love him!), and I don't think Phillip is being cocky either. My comment that he should watch it was just to how he's perceived; I completely understand him wanting to stay true to himself and be the artist he is. David Cook won the contest doing it, despite being seen as arrogant by some. Phillip could do the same, and like you said, it would be great for him to change up a song. I'm sure neither David Cook or Chris Daughtry or Phillip particularly like doing the group songs and dances - it's probably uncomfortable doing some of that choreography, but they do it.
    I don't think being yourself means you can't do some things out of your comfort zone, whether that means crowd-pleasing or something else. Didn't Jimmy make some comment about staying the same gives others room to bypass you? I don't want Phillip to become someone else, but I'd like to see him show some willingness to listen to other ideas. He seems to have a good attitude and sense of humor. I'm not dissing him either!
    I never saw David Cook as arrogant, but he was confident. He is still my all time favorite Idol. I don't put Phillip in the same category because he seems to me right now like a one trick pony with all his songs sounding the same. I think that's what Jimmy meant, you have to stretch yourself, don't keep sounding the same week in and week out. I think the same comment goes for the belters who sing ballads every week. It gets old after awhile and you start tuning out.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    I hate that they have pit girls and if Phillip says he won't scrape fingers with them, good for him. With his state of health he doesn't need to contract any stray viruses they may carry. Mean attitude, I know, but the pit girls and finger brushing or scraping is like fingernails on a chalkboard to me.
    My sentiments exactly!! I find it one of the most annoying things of the past few seasons that they all feel they have to go out there and brush fingers. And I've never been a fan of the arm wave over the head either.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Yes but he says all that after the fact. When he says they shouldn't tell Phillip he is great, because he wasn't great this time around .I have to stand up for Simon and why I miss him.Simon wasn't perfect, but he did hand out constructive criticism. I find the contestants don't have anything to go on.They all seem a little lost .Having Jimmy say what he does in a little blurb after the fact and just before someone is going home, seems redundant to me.
    Simon's idea of constructive critism was "sing better." How is that helpful? I think the contestants are getting all kinds of constructive advice in the mentoring sessions and I also thing they work with voice coaches. So how is anything the judges say at the table relevant anyway? Jimmy's comments are because he has seen them through the process and can critique the stage performance having the rehearsals and that to base it on. Like what he said about Elise singing it great every other time, then chocking on the stage.

And while I'm on that subject, I think she just needed to shut up and say something to the effect that she had done her best at the time. All this business about "feeling the song" and that's why it wasn't great is so much nonsense. I am one person who doesn't think you need to "feel a song" to turn in a good performance, and it really irritates me that they are always throwing that at Hollie. How do you feel each and every song you perform? You can't possibly have that many life experiences, especially at 16 or 17, to relate to some of this. A lot of it is acting, and some people are better actors than others (Joshua being an example). Myself, I just want to hear good music, I don't give a fig if they are feeling it or projecting those feelings or not.

Rant over
    Last edited by Arielflies; 04-06-2012 at 01:39 PM.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

He said much more than that. Much much more. Its okay, I just wanted to get my POV across, and I think I have.
    Shoepie and Uncle David like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I hate the pit.....they get in way of our view and the stupid waving on arms during a ballad is really dumb. Good for PP for saying that he isn't going to run around and brush hands. He can hold that view .....good for him. However, there MAY be a health issue and that is very important.

It always amuses me at the amount of folks that take post after post to tell us they aren't watching the show!
    BTW, NCLurker, Lil Bit and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    It always amuses me at the amount of folks that take post after post to tell us they aren't watching the show!

you should look at the Real Housewives forums sometime. Half the posts are from people saying they don't watch the shows

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post

If you listen to any of them that have made it on this show, many of them said Simon gave them what they needed .I never hear that now, never. It's like a huge love-fest, where they are all called baby and they are all beautiful. Randy says they are in it to win it!! Oh boy, who knew??

It's really the same on DWTS, quite a few of them have said their goal is to make Len happy, why? because he does what he should be doing.He judges them. I think that's why AI has lost some of its shine for me

Rant over ( sorry)

Happy Easter

I also miss Simon, but I think they get a lot more constructive criticism from jimmy during rehearsals than we see. And getting constructive criticism during rehearsals helps them (if they listen) with their performance in the current week, whereas Simon's evaluation as a judge gave them something to work on if they happened to make it through to the following week
    Shoepie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick View Post
    I also miss Simon, but I think they get a lot more constructive criticism from jimmy during rehearsals than we see. And getting constructive criticism during rehearsals helps them (if they listen) with their performance in the current week, whereas Simon's evaluation as a judge gave them something to work on if they happened to make it through to the following week
    Jimmy has had a great career, I take nothing from him. I am not sure they get enough of what they need just from him. He is pretty quick to judge the judges, but there have been one or two times he has been way way off on a song choice,and they have missed the mark entirely , but we never hear any of that. I was just saying, that Jimmy saying all this after the fact , doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Maybe I have it all wrong, but truthfully some of these kids look like deer in the headlights after the judge-speak. LOL

Simon did give them something to work on, he wasn't just mean, he didn't just say 'sing better.' Most of the time he said what I was thinking. This week Tyler said something like , your singing deifies judging. WTH? I don't know what that means, so I am darn sure the kid didn't. At this stage of the game, they all need to be judged, because once they leave AI, its brutal out there, brutal.
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 04-06-2012 at 02:03 PM.
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread