+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: 4/5 AI 11 Top 8 Results Show **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 4/5 AI 11 Top 8 Results Show **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I know they say every year, this is the best season yet .And while I certainly think everyone left has talent .I just don't see anyone that stands out to me. . I have more fun guessing who is going home
    Actually this season has so much depth than the previous two seasons and perhaps of all seasons save for Heejun and that Jermaine. Just compare the contestants from previous seasons. The worst was two years ago when Lee Dewyze won. The only real talent there was Crystal Bowersox but she stood out only because they had a crapload of contestants she went up against with. Last year was bad too, there were no true artists, well maybe Casey but he got stranger and stranger every week. The winner sang the same kind of crap every week not knowing how to change up a song except by countrifying it.

Anyway, so that's the last of the wildcard contestant. I believe that the save is not reserved for those who already got save via the wildcard so there was no doubt in my mind that they will save Deandre. Of course based on the performance last night, Elise or Hollie should be bottom 2 and one of them should have gone home. Unfortunately, Deandre got the death spot but I was hoping he got the pimp spot but they gave that to Skylar. I don't think they will use the save for them or Skylar. The judges will use the save for PP, Jessica, Colton and Joshua. Did Ryan say they can only use the save until the top 5? So when it's down to 6 or 7, they will definitely use it unless all 4 of their favorites are still there.
    Last edited by jammyjoe; 04-06-2012 at 01:54 AM.

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Gotta say, I'm 180 degrees opposite. Joshua is good, but he MUST dial it back & quit the screaming & Skylar will be a medium level Country star at best while Phillip has to much artistry to go without doing big things.

I'm shocked JLo wasn't able to persuade the guys to save DeAndre. Shocked I say!
    I don't think that save could be justified. They already saved him once in he wild card. IMO the only wild card in Idol History that they may have saved had they had it and needed it was Clay Aiken. They may have also saved Jennifer Hudson had the save been in play in Season 3, but I'm not sure because at the time she came off cold and divaish. She was not the least bit likable on her season.

I think they're holding the save just in case Philip, Colton, or Jessica faces premature elimination. If none of them are in the bottom before the final 5, they may use it at 5 just because they lost 2 idols in one week this year. They may have to use it because of that.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Someone upthread mentioned Phillip being smug. I may be off-base but that was the impression I got as well. It's one thing to know who you are as an artist but imo he's been given a huge opportunity and he should make the most of it. He seems to want to do things his way and doesn't want to take any advice from the pros. He reminds me of an obstinate little kid with his fingers in his ears saying "Nyah, nyah, nyah, I can't hear you." But maybe that's me projecting my own distaste for the guy. I just don't seem to "get" what is great about him. Watching him sing is painful as he looks like he is going to burst a vein in his head. Not to mention that he looks like he is constipated when he sings. Yeah, I guess you can say I just don't enjoy him at all.

To me the comparisons with Cook aren't warranted b/c even though I was rooting for the other David, there was no doubt in my mind that Cookie is very, very talented.
    Every other year contestants are lauded for "knowing who they are & staying true to that", now it is seen as smug?
    NCLurker, Lil Bit and Uncle David like this.

FORT Fogey

I have been loving Jimmy this year....he calls them perfectly and lets the judges know when they screwed up. Now the D. non-save was fascinating. Here is Jimmy telling them that their fawning over him was not correct...they still go on about him when the bottom two were presented in saying that America got it half right ( I am guessing that they were still dissing Elise) and then both guys vote not to save him.

I did not see that coming.

The "half right" comment really made me mad. They were not only dissing Elise, but also Hollie. I know people say if they are going to make it in the music industry, they will have to get thicker skin, but I don't see any reason to be unnecessarily mean to these kids.

And the whole "Did America get it right?" question is bogus in my opinion anyway. Of course America got it right. They are the ones voting and deciding who they like the best. But I guess the 3 of them know better than the millions who are spending their time voting.

Which brings me to another comment... Has anyone else noticed that Ryan isn't bragging about how many millions and billions of votes there were? Makes me wonder if the voting totals have really dropped this year.
    BTW, waywyrd, Arielflies and 1 others like this.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Maybe "America got it half right" meant DeAndre was correctly at the bottom, and Elise was the one wrongly there...

If you consider their entire Idol runs and not just that one night, then it makes sense.

Could be, TeacherLady, but since it was JLo who said it, (she was the one who said it, right?) I don't think she meant her pet DeAndre should have been in the bottom.

I just think that when it reaches that point, they don't have to be mean about it. Someone has to be voted off. Everyone has their favorite and peoples tastes vary. I just felt really bad for Elise and Hollie, and I don't even like Hollie that much.
    RealVoyeur likes this.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat View Post
    I've never heard of this group The Wanted. They have enough back up dancers though .
    Is that a new requirement that every song must have umpteen dancers to distract the viewers?
    Three ring circus if you ask me. Less focus on the music these days and more on the spectacle. Bores me silly.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherLady View Post
    Maybe "America got it half right" meant DeAndre was correctly at the bottom, and Elise was the one wrongly there...

If you consider their entire Idol runs and not just that one night, then it makes sense.
    I think Jennifer meant it that way. If you remember, the guys agreed with her. I think they meant that Elise did not belong in the bottom three. I am not sure why the uproar over Jennifer's comments. Simon would have been much more hurtful and hateful. Simon also went out of his way to push forward those he liked and hold back those he didn't like. They all do it to some extent. I think people just don't like Jennifer and are looking for things. I don't care either way, lol, I like Steven and his wacky self.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherLady View Post
    I don't know about the rest of y'all, but I LOVE Jimmy's comments. Like Simon, he tells it like it is, but without the meanness.
    And also (unlike Simon) with some constructive advice on how they can get better.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

+ Reply to Thread