+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: 4/5 AI 11 Top 8 Results Show **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 4/5 AI 11 Top 8 Results Show **West Coast Spoilers**

Awww, Deandre was my fav I wish him well!

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherLady View Post
    To Razorbacker, I was poking fun at Phillip, but I do like him and certainly recognize the artistry and passion there. Now I think he needs to pull a David Cook and surprise us all (in a good way) by changing up a well-known song. He's done it before and it's time he does it again. He's a musically talented guy with looks and an attractive, guy-next-door personality. Didn't mean to sound like I was dissing him.
    I thought of David Cook too, because during his season there was LOTS of talk of his attitude and cockiness. I didn't see it that way, of course (love him!), and I don't think Phillip is being cocky either. My comment that he should watch it was just to how he's perceived; I completely understand him wanting to stay true to himself and be the artist he is. David Cook won the contest doing it, despite being seen as arrogant by some. Phillip could do the same, and like you said, it would be great for him to change up a song. I'm sure neither David Cook or Chris Daughtry or Phillip particularly like doing the group songs and dances - it's probably uncomfortable doing some of that choreography, but they do it.
    I don't think being yourself means you can't do some things out of your comfort zone, whether that means crowd-pleasing or something else. Didn't Jimmy make some comment about staying the same gives others room to bypass you? I don't want Phillip to become someone else, but I'd like to see him show some willingness to listen to other ideas. He seems to have a good attitude and sense of humor. I'm not dissing him either!
    waywyrd likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SpringMaiden27 View Post
    Awww, Deandre was my fav I wish him well!
    Yeah, me too. I'm going to miss him.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

I hate that they have pit girls and if Phillip says he won't scrape fingers with them, good for him. With his state of health he doesn't need to contract any stray viruses they may carry. Mean attitude, I know, but the pit girls and finger brushing or scraping is like fingernails on a chalkboard to me.
    Lil Bit and LuckyMom like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I never cared for DeAndre, but it's always hard to see a contestant go. You can feel their pain as they come to the end of the road. Still, I'm glad they didn't waste the 'save' on him tonight.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    I hate that they have pit girls and if Phillip says he won't scrape fingers with them, good for him. With his state of health he doesn't need to contract any stray viruses they may carry. Mean attitude, I know, but the pit girls and finger brushing or scraping is like fingernails on a chalkboard to me.
    Have they asked him to do that, it seemed like a curious comment out of the blue like that. I dont blame him., not if its not his thing.

As for the non racy video Jennifer, I say what are you looking at? I see her boyfriend is front and center of it. She has weird taste in boys
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Have they asked him to do that, it seemed like a curious comment out of the blue like that. I dont blame him., not if its not his thing.

As for the non racy video Jennifer, I say what are you looking at? I see her boyfriend is front and center of it. She has weird taste in boys
    Not to mention young. O/T, but I wonder why she and Marc Anthony broke up. She doesn't seem to have a very good track marriage when it comes to marriage. She's
    beautiful and she can dance. Sing? Not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Not to mention young. O/T, but I wonder why she and Marc Anthony broke up. She doesn't seem to have a very good track marriage when it comes to marriage. She's
    beautiful and she can dance. Sing? Not so much.
    I agree. I think she is stunning, but when it comes to men, and marriage. Shaking my head.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Someone upthread mentioned Phillip being smug. I may be off-base but that was the impression I got as well. It's one thing to know who you are as an artist but imo he's been given a huge opportunity and he should make the most of it. He seems to want to do things his way and doesn't want to take any advice from the pros. He reminds me of an obstinate little kid with his fingers in his ears saying "Nyah, nyah, nyah, I can't hear you." But maybe that's me projecting my own distaste for the guy. I just don't seem to "get" what is great about him. Watching him sing is painful as he looks like he is going to burst a vein in his head. Not to mention that he looks like he is constipated when he sings. Yeah, I guess you can say I just don't enjoy him at all.

To me the comparisons with Cook aren't warranted b/c even though I was rooting for the other David, there was no doubt in my mind that Cookie is very, very talented.
    RealVoyeur likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherLady View Post
    Yeah, me too. I'm going to miss him.
    Me three. He was really the only reason I was watching this season ... I was unable to watch it tonight, and I'm kind of glad I missed it. He's still in high school, and will at least be on tour.

Oh well, see you all somewhere around the block. Will still be on the DWTS threads.

+ Reply to Thread