+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: 4/5 AI 11 Top 8 Results Show **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 4/5 AI 11 Top 8 Results Show **West Coast Spoilers**

Phillip dresses like he's running out to Home Depot for supplies, before digging in the garden! Haven't we done the scruffy guitar-playing white guy schtick before on AI?

I'm firmly on the Joshua and Skylar team.

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs View Post
    I am starting to hate Jo Lo. Way to make Elise feel like crap next to her boy toy. So glad Elise is not the one singing for her spot on the show.
    They have been excluding Hollie and Elise from any positive comments just about every week except last week they did praise Elise some.
    It stinks because you can see the hurt looks on their faces. Elise is a little older so maybe can take it a little better ... but my heart hurts for Hollie. She's just a kid and hasn't had the background, coaching and experience that queen Jess has had.

Again ... what a thing to say ... "half and half" indeed! ~ Shame on her. Bring back Paula who would never have cut someone off at the knees like that.
    True they let Simon do the dirty work ... but Simon did it a little differently.
    RealVoyeur and AsIs like this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherLady View Post
    Phillip dresses like he's running out to Home Depot for supplies, before digging in the garden! Haven't we done the scruffy guitar-playing white guy schtick before on AI?

I'm firmly on the Joshua and Skylar team.
    Gotta say, I'm 180 degrees opposite. Joshua is good, but he MUST dial it back & quit the screaming & Skylar will be a medium level Country star at best while Phillip has to much artistry to go without doing big things.

I'm shocked JLo wasn't able to persuade the guys to save DeAndre. Shocked I say!

It wasn't. It was rather skanky, and I'm not a prude. But this is supposedly a "family" show.

Joshua and Jessica are safe -- no big surprises there. Someone on the thread for last nights show noticed that the duet pairings seemed to be top tier (J and J), bottom feeders (DeA and H), and middle-of-the-packers. And that seems to be how they're doing the results tonight, so that post was really on target.
    That was me TL ... but tonight, weren't all the saves in the top row of chairs and the bottom 3 in the bottom row? Left to right in the bottom row were PP, Elise. Deandre and Hollie. Tonight I thought they would bring them down a row at a time. I'm starting to hallucinate about this stuff. It just shows to go you where things are when thoughts are on seating arrangements and not talent!

I guess the duets were some sort of foreshadowing ... but in a way I think it was yet another way to try to orchestrate the outcome.

Mohandas Gandhi

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

I am surprised, America got it right!! High time for DeAndre to go. Served Jen right. She's the only judge who "told" people to get on the phone and vote for him. Where's her judgement? Even if he's her pick, she shouldn't show such favortism. He has gained fame from the show, and am sure teeny boppers who like the hair and screeching, will be his followers. I was happy Elise made it. She got my votes last night. Love her unique voice. Jessica another favorite of mine. Imo...next to go should be Hollie or Skylar. The guys who are left are all quite good. As for Phil's comment, I don't think he sounded ungrateful, just truthful. He is doing it his way.

To Razorbacker, I was poking fun at Phillip, but I do like him and certainly recognize the artistry and passion there. Now I think he needs to pull a David Cook and surprise us all (in a good way) by changing up a well-known song. He's done it before and it's time he does it again. He's a musically talented guy with looks and an attractive, guy-next-door personality. Didn't mean to sound like I was dissing him.
    Last edited by TeacherLady; 04-05-2012 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BTW View Post
    I am surprised, America got it right!! High time for DeAndre to go. Served Jen right. She's the only judge who "told" people to get on the phone and vote for him. Where's her judgement? Even if he's her pick, she shouldn't show such favortism. He has gained fame from the show, and am sure teeny boppers who like the hair and screeching, will be his followers. I was happy Elise made it. She got my votes last night. Love her unique voice. Jessica another favorite of mine. Imo...next to go should be Hollie or Skylar. The guys who are left are all quite good. As for Phil's comment, I don't think he sounded ungrateful, just truthful. He is doing it his way.
    I thought DeAndre was unique, I certainly dont think Elise is though. She has a good voice, but there is nothing unique about it.As for Jessica, she sounds like lots of girls who can sing well.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Elise reminds me of Haley from last year. Both in voice and the nasty venom that Ms JLo throws her way. It's a shame. They do seem to have a talented group this year. But once the judges are done driving the bus over Elise, is probably when I will stop watching this year.

Not saying her performance was good last night. But I am so tired of the boys or their favorites screwing up and they praise and throw roses at them, then go over the top dissing people not in their favor. I just don't find that entertaining.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs View Post
    Elise reminds me of Haley from last year. Both in voice and the nasty venom that Ms JLo throws her way. It's a shame. They do seem to have a talented group this year. But once the judges are done driving the bus over Elise, is probably when I will stop watching this year.

Not saying her performance was good last night. But I am so tired of the boys or their favorites screwing up and they praise and throw roses at them, then go over the top dissing people not in their favor. I just don't find that entertaining.
    I know they say every year, this is the best season yet .And while I certainly think everyone left has talent .I just don't see anyone that stands out to me. . I have more fun guessing who is going home
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

To Razorbacker, I was poking fun at Phillip, but I do like him and certainly recognize the artistry and passion there. Now I think he needs to pull a David Cook and surprise us all (in a good way) by changing up a well-known song. He's done it before and it's time he does it again. He's a musically talented guy with looks and an attractive, guy-next-door personality. Didn't mean to sound like I was dissing him.
    Last week Phillip made me smile ... this week not so much. Jimmy said that in "being yourself" there's the great yourself, the good yourself and the terrible yourself and last night Phillip was the good himself ... in other words average/ middle of the road. I agreed with Jimmy about that.
    However, it was unfortunate that Phillip made the comment about not touching the hands in the audience. Ummm Phillip ... those are the FANS __ and the people who VOTE now and buy CD's and attend concerts later. That remark could be taken the same way Heejun's comment was taken. Ooops!

As for Elise's performance last night ... I missed it as I missed the first 15 minutes of the show. After Randy said "Welcome back" to her after the duet, and she was excluded from the end of the show kudos, I watched it on YT and thought it was very good. Maybe what I saw was what they call the "studio version"?
    In any case, I do like that song so maybe I was listening with only one ear.

Asis They all seemed to like Elise at first. Did Jlo say something particularly mean last night?
    Last edited by echo226; 04-05-2012 at 10:57 PM.
    navybelle likes this.

Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread