+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: 4/5 AI 11 Top 8 Results Show **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 4/5 AI 11 Top 8 Results Show **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick View Post
    I also miss Simon, but I think they get a lot more constructive criticism from jimmy during rehearsals than we see. And getting constructive criticism during rehearsals helps them (if they listen) with their performance in the current week, whereas Simon's evaluation as a judge gave them something to work on if they happened to make it through to the following week
    I have also heard/read that Simon gave them a lot of coaching and direction behind the scenes and even after they were eliminated. I have also heard that Simon is actually a softie and more of a "marshmallow" than people realize. His comments during the show were sometimes manipulative and some might say mean. But the tone of Simon's comments was expected and one of the draws. A positive comment from him was one of the contestants' greatest desires & positive or negative most of the time he was correct. Simon was someone most loved to hate.

I think JLo is very inappropriate with her goosies, telling people who to vote for, and racy videos on a family show. Nice example for these budding teen star wannabe's. I do like Steven, but I think he feels he must be a little restrained. Randy is better now that he's top dawg on the panel.

ETA ... I don't think I would want my girl child to compete on this show if JLo is the role model.
    Last edited by echo226; 04-06-2012 at 01:18 PM.
    Shoepie and Debb70 like this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherLady View Post
    Maybe "America got it half right" meant DeAndre was correctly at the bottom, and Elise was the one wrongly there...
    Jennifer and Randy both agreed that America got it half right. What *I'm* wondering is if Jennifer was talking about one half and Randy about the other (since the votes to save were revealed)...
    BuckeyeAddict and Debb70 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jsciv View Post
    Jennifer and Randy both agreed that America got it half right. What *I'm* wondering is if Jennifer was talking about one half and Randy about the other (since the votes to save were revealed)...
    I don't think that should have been said, its divisive and we dont need to know.
    Lil Bit and Debb70 like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Realitychick View Post
    Gosh Kellie looks so different from when she was on. Happy for her success.
    She looks like a woman grown instead of a girl. It looks good on her. It was also neat to see Skylar interacting with her.

Did anyone else notice that during The Wanted song, Max (the one with the shaved head: I looked it up online) stole a kiss on Jennifer's cheek after they did their bit out at the judges' table? Then as they went to commercial Ryan's mic was still hot and he turned to Max and said good job and congratulations that he'd gotten to first base with Jennifer... I always wondered what sort of patter Ryan does as they go to break!
    Last edited by jsciv; 04-06-2012 at 02:01 PM.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit View Post
    The "half right" comment really made me mad. They were not only dissing Elise, but also Hollie. I know people say if they are going to make it in the music industry, they will have to get thicker skin, but I don't see any reason to be unnecessarily mean to these kids.
    It made me mad too...not only her comments, but also the way she then laughed about it, more than once, leaning over towards Randy. I found it odd and felt bad for Elise. I took it as completely dissing Elise, because of J Lo's fawning all over DeAndre the entire season, and I didn't think it was necessary at that point. I thought the hurt showed on Elise's face.
    Lil Bit and Debb70 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Have they asked him to do that, it seemed like a curious comment out of the blue like that. I dont blame him., not if its not his thing.
    Today I read on a blog that Phillip put out an apology on his Facebook page. He said he thought Jimmy was telling him not to stand still - the part where Jimmy said if he stays still others will pass him by? He misunderstood and thought it meant going out and touching people, wandering around on stage. Haha! The author said, Metaphors are your friend!

I definitely did NOT mean to compare him to David Cook (my all time fave too) as far as singing/talent, and just brought up his name because of what others said during his season: he was doing what he wanted, being true to himself, argued w/the judges once I think, and others saw him as being arrogant or cocky - I remember it well because I certainly did not see it at all with him. I love his voice, and think he's very talented. While I do like Phillip, I'm not as enamored with him as with David. Not sure if I'd buy his cd. But David's is the only one (two) I've ever purchased from American Idol, aside from some singles from the show.
    Phillip has some work to do, in my book.
    Jezebella likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post
    Today I read on a blog that Phillip put out an apology on his Facebook page. He said he thought Jimmy was telling him not to stand still - the part where Jimmy said if he stays still others will pass him by? He misunderstood and thought it meant going out and touching people, wandering around on stage. Haha! The author said, Metaphors are your friend!

I definitely did NOT mean to compare him to David Cook (my all time fave too) as far as singing/talent, and just brought up his name because of what others said during his season: he was doing what he wanted, being true to himself, argued w/the judges once I think, and others saw him as being arrogant or cocky - I remember it well because I certainly did not see it at all with him. I love his voice, and think he's very talented. While I do like Phillip, I'm not as enamored with him as with David. Not sure if I'd buy his cd. But David's is the only one (two) I've ever purchased from American Idol, aside from some singles from the show.
    Phillip has some work to do, in my book.
    Thanks for that information! I think the fans that enjoy Phillip are not going to think badly of him. He is talented, not as much ( for me) as say Adam Lambert. Clay, Cooke and a few others I have mentioned before.

I really do wish them all luck, living their dreams.As for their being hurt, or having their feelings hurt.Thats going to happen a lot in this business, they best get prepared for it.
    navybelle likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Nigel has tweeted that the theme next week will be songs from this decade - meaning 2010, 2011 and/or 2012. Akon is the mentor.

Quote Originally Posted by jsciv View Post
    I question whether the truth about the vote was revealed. Jen said "I only have one vote." Ryan then asked her if what she was trying to say was that she voted to save ... and she said "yes, that's what I am trying to say" . She never said outright that she actually voted to save him only that she was trying to say that.
    If that was the case, Randy would have delivered the news and simply said it wasn't unanimous. Just my opinion here.

As far as the half and half comment I just think that was horrible, horrible, horrible and wrong.
    Debb70 likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread