+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: 4/4 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 4/4 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    The performance show this week did not impress me. I agree with the posters who say it needs a revamp and not just a new studio. JMO, but think they need to stop singing old songs. Except for Elise none of them were even born during the 80's. I know you are suppose to be able to sing anything, but I think emotions have a lot to do with it and maybe they just can't connect with these songs. They have people who end up winning and how many of them have made it really huge. I think they should have them sing what is popular today. When they finish the contest that is exactly what they expect of them.

For me Skylar and Colton were the best of the night. I know Skylar will be popular in the country world. I also agree with fan addict who loved Colton when he did Piano Man. I thought he should have gotten a standing ovation for that. I, like many of you can not warm up to either Jessica or Joshua. I am sure technically they are very good, but I just don't get the goosies that JLo does with them. I will admit that I did get goosies last night with Skylar. I feel so bad for Hollie as I believe she was set up for failure. I don't think she was as bad as they said she was. I also believe another improvement would be to have current mentors and maybe the same like they do on The Voice. Hollie may have lost her way because of getting different advice from different mentors. I have enjoyed Phillip, but wonder if he is similar to Casey Abrams of last year. Full of talent, but I am not sure how popular he is with the buyers of music today. I have to add that I have no idea how well Casey is doing today. I think Elise is talented, but I don't know how popular she is with the fans. Now Deandre has a look to him that should be very popular with the young people of today, but I don't think his voice does. I have no idea who will be the F2, I do think they are pushing for Joshua and Jessica, but will either one of them be able to sell music, again I don't have a clue. I do think both Skylar and Colton will be able to sell the music.
    I liked Casey , but I havent heard of him since AI.If I have I wouldnt know it.I could at least watch Casey. Philip makes really weird faces, I cannot watch him. He's becoming repetitive as well. they all are to some extent I guess.Yup Colton will sell music, easily
    Debb70 and Jaceegirl like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I think the only reason for me to continue to watch is to see how the judges will dote on their pets after Hollie is gone. My my, someone will have to move down the list. Imagine them having to give PHillip, Colton or Joshua any critical comments. Ewwww.... It's going to be so painful for them.
    Jaceegirl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I think the only reason for me to continue to watch is to see how the judges will dote on their pets after Hollie is gone. My my, someone will have to move down the list. Imagine them having to give PHillip, Colton or Joshua any critical comments. Ewwww.... It's going to be so painful for them.
    And who will Jennifer tell everyone to vote for? oh yes, Deandre is sill there
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I think I like DeAndre better in a group, or at least with one other person than I do alone.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Just addressing some of the Phillip comments... I think Phillip wasn't feeling too well this week. We have to remember that he has a stint in him right now because of his kidney stone issues. I bet we'd all be grimacing a little under those circumstances.
    I can attest that when I had a stent after my kidney stone was removed, the only thing I was capable of doing was go from the couch to the bed. I went out to get a sandwich once and was in agony after that. Pain pill didn't even work. I think the stent was way more painful than the stone, and the stone was bad. So I have a lot of admiration if he is out there singing and dancing with that thing in him. Ugh.
    mesachick likes this.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    I can attest that when I had a stent after my kidney stone was removed, the only thing I was capable of doing was go from the couch to the bed. I went out to get a sandwich once and was in agony after that. Pain pill didn't even work. I think the stent was way more painful than the stone, and the stone was bad. So I have a lot of admiration if he is out there singing and dancing with that thing in him. Ugh.
    Why aren't they saying something? I mean after that whole fawning display with Joshua having a head ache (I think he was just nervous/scared and didn't mean for it to become such a big deal), you would think that they would milk the heck out of something like this. If for no other reason than to get Phil more votes. Why isn't Ryan clapping him on the back and asking how he is doing?

Ryan is trying hard, way too hard, to negate those comments of him having turned into an emotionless robo-host. I find this suddenly deeply caring Ryan a bit jarring. It's better than the way he had started to mechanically go through the motions but it is hard to get used to. He may have been this way last year but I tuned out soon as that kid with the deep voice kept sounding the same, over and over. Didn't make it even through the first couple of shows before I was done with the season.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    Why aren't they saying something? I mean after that whole fawning display with Joshua having a head ache (I think he was just nervous/scared and didn't mean for it to become such a big deal), you would think that they would milk the heck out of something like this. If for no other reason than to get Phil more votes. Why isn't Ryan clapping him on the back and asking how he is doing?
    May be they have removed the stent? I only had to keep mine in for a week. It was total agony, but I was fine once it was removed?

Or it could be that Philip doesn't want to make a deal about it?
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

May be they have removed the stent? I only had to keep mine in for a week. It was total agony, but I was fine once it was removed?

Or it could be that Philip doesn't want to make a deal about it?
    I heard that he would be wearing it through the entire competition as he has opted out of surgery as long as he's still in it. But things could have changed since then, who knows?
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Because Simon never tried to manipulate the vote?
    He absolutely tried to steer things toward his pockets. He was a producer as well as a judge, so of course. I just meant I liked his way better than JLo's behavior and Steven's restraint.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    You had me until your last comment. No desire to see Simon.......his comments were pretty one sided.
    What makes it worse this year is the direct questions Ryan has been asking about who is doing well etc.
    I think Simon was funny and mostly accurate. I know that he helped most of them a lot, even following their eliminations, but that was not known because it would alter his mean guy persona.

I agree about Ryan's direct questioning and especially the "stand out" question which exludes kids. I watch them bow their heads and move back a step when their name is not mentioned. I hate it.
    Uncle David and Jaceegirl like this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread