+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: 4/4 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 3/28 AI 11 Top 9 Performance Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Watched the show and was not overly impressed, maybe the "singing talent shows" are just becoming too "regulary scheduled" to be impressive, or the talent is just meehhhh~...good but no outstanding personna's.

Jessica....the girl has pipes! BUT...something about her puts me in the "not a fan group"
    Hollie......similar style voice..belt it out ballads...she needs confidence and maturity
    Elise....style and voice all her own, she is either brilliant or falters, agree with other poster who said female rockers don't fair well on this show
    Skylar- I keep trying to like her, she reminds me of Reba and Miranda all rolled into one, I think she needs to stop trying so hard..hope she sticks around a bit longer

Josh..churchy, yes; but still a fantabulous voice. He will go the route of Jennifer Hudson and take that voice to the broadway stage, can't see his "style" winning AI.
    Phillip Has all the potential and talent to win this. Unique...talented...does his own thing regardless of the "critiques"..is miles ahead of the others in the "total package" department.
    Colton..I wasn't a fan at first, but this kid is kicking it into gear...I thought he was great last night and loved when he was behind the piano....he may be a contender!
    DeAndre-GET OFF MY TV and GO HOME! (that is all I am saying since anything else may get me banned!)

As for the judges.....

Randy...YO Yo YO ..time to get another gig!
    Jennifer- Beautiful person but I am sick of her calling everyone "baby" and gushing about her "goosies"...take your fanfest somewhere else
    Steven
    ...aaahhhh such eye candy..somthing super sexy about this man...(Of course I am not listening to word he says because most of it is nonsense)

This show really needs some revamping and major changes, not sure what those should entail but it needs more than a fresh coat of paint....the fact that we are down to 8 and there are only 2 pages of new posts it a sure sign that noone REALLY cares...

DeAndre, Ellise, Skylar bottom 3
    Last edited by fan*addict; 04-05-2012 at 11:06 AM.

Re: 3/28 AI 11 Top 9 Performance Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Skylar- I keep trying to like her, she reminds me of Reba and Miranda all rolled into one, I think she needs to stop trying so hard
    Skylar is so cute, she isn't all glam, she's herself. I really like this kid. She reminds me of Reba, and I dont like or know country music.
    Debb70 and Jaceegirl like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Re: 4/4 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Just some side comments since most has been said about the songs.

I cannot warm to Elise or Jessica....they can belt it out, but even the cutsey stuff about Jessica"s alter ego was empty as I didn't follow the reason for the mention. Was it to humanize her since she is pretty robotic.

Thank god somebody dressed Skylar. If she is hippy, the full skirt of both dresses disguised it; last week the two parachutes emphasized it.
    Did not love her song....She equates emotion with anger....that song did not need that kind of angry ending.

Joshua oversings everything

Cut out the staging, lights and background singers....I thought I was watching X Factor
    and that is not a good thing.

Colton is trying too hard to be cute....Will we be on a hair watch like we were with Sanjaya?

I didn't think Hollie was a bad as the three of them made her out to be.
    She does love those sparkles.

Phillip is wearing on me a little bit...too much of the same. I did like him in his duet as he softened his presentation a bit.

I think the judges are a bit biased and it is showing

DAndrade should do OK as teen idol....cute with limited ability...I have been seeing the JLo 's current boyfriend is a bit younger than she is....her passion for this kid is a bit over the top.

Did you notice the ENORMOUS body guard next to Nigel in the audience?? I mean, he is in that kind of danger of being bothered by the public>?>
    Last edited by ibot2much; 04-05-2012 at 11:40 AM.
    Debb70 likes this.

Did anyone else note the duet pairings ... probably facilitated by the producers ?

Bottom 2:

Hollie & Deandre --- We cut 'em once (Season 10) ... and were right the first time

Top 2:

Josh & Jess --- We cut him once,(AI 10) but we might have been wrong and she's already cut a single so how can we go wrong.

Middle of the pack:

Phil & Elise: We like them & think they'll make us some money

Colton & Skylar: These 2 have automatic fans so they'll make us money too
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Ha Ha - hadn't noticed that, but you make some good points! Very observant!

The performance show this week did not impress me. I agree with the posters who say it needs a revamp and not just a new studio. JMO, but think they need to stop singing old songs. Except for Elise none of them were even born during the 80's. I know you are suppose to be able to sing anything, but I think emotions have a lot to do with it and maybe they just can't connect with these songs. They have people who end up winning and how many of them have made it really huge. I think they should have them sing what is popular today. When they finish the contest that is exactly what they expect of them.

For me Skylar and Colton were the best of the night. I know Skylar will be popular in the country world. I also agree with fan addict who loved Colton when he did Piano Man. I thought he should have gotten a standing ovation for that. I, like many of you can not warm up to either Jessica or Joshua. I am sure technically they are very good, but I just don't get the goosies that JLo does with them. I will admit that I did get goosies last night with Skylar. I feel so bad for Hollie as I believe she was set up for failure. I don't think she was as bad as they said she was. I also believe another improvement would be to have current mentors and maybe the same like they do on The Voice. Hollie may have lost her way because of getting different advice from different mentors. I have enjoyed Phillip, but wonder if he is similar to Casey Abrams of last year. Full of talent, but I am not sure how popular he is with the buyers of music today. I have to add that I have no idea how well Casey is doing today. I think Elise is talented, but I don't know how popular she is with the fans. Now Deandre has a look to him that should be very popular with the young people of today, but I don't think his voice does. I have no idea who will be the F2, I do think they are pushing for Joshua and Jessica, but will either one of them be able to sell music, again I don't have a clue. I do think both Skylar and Colton will be able to sell the music.

I'm kind of sure my opinion may not be popular, but I thought that Phillip and Elise were very off last night. Both their solo and duet was very off. Why the judges don't notice this is beyond me. Hollie has a few issues, but still sang better than they did. Seems like bias to me. Why is it that I think Simon would have a better take on this? I don't trust the judges' opinion anymore. Let's see what Jimmie has to say. LOL

My mom and I watched the show together. She's a local, popular singer, church, weddings, etc. and I have never heard her hit a sour note. Really. I think she has perfect pitch. I trust her opinion. We keep wondering why the judges seem so biased to out Hollie and not those who are singing way off.

Skylar was a big surprise. She did quite well in both her songs. AND Colton sang well with her too! Best job he's done yet. His solo was shaky IMO. He's cute and nice, but bores me.

Deandre is cute, but I don't care for his style singing. Also, he's no better on stage than Hollie, but he gets praised. Please.

Phillip has worn me out. I now find him annoying.

Joshua has a good voice, but I find his style annoying.

Jessica has a great voice, but is not as great as the judges pretend.

Elise dropped from last week and sounded very off on both songs. She would have done that duet song better without Phillip. He was off on it and it was impossible to sing with him. I felt sorry for her.

I'm pretty sure that Elise and Hollie will go next. I'll go to prediction thread for that. After that, I don't think I'll really care who hangs around. I wonder what the judges will do when it's only their pets left. LOL
    Jaceegirl likes this.

After that, I don't think I'll really care who hangs around. I wonder what the judges will do when it's only their pets left.
    Its awful when you get to that point The I dont care point. I have it recorded to watch again, and really I have no desire to see them.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherLady View Post
    Ha Ha - hadn't noticed that, but you make some good points! Very observant!
    Subliminal foreshadowing?
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Debb 70 I just wanted to say that I thought your post was pretty close to how I am feeling. The only difference being that I might like Colton more than you. The rest of what you said I agree with. We both agree completely regarding Skylar and poor Hollie. As far as who wins I don't really care either. Rather sad as I use to be so excited to see who the winner would be. I know how you feel.
    Debb70 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread