+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: 3/29 AI 11 Top 9 Results Show **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 3/29 AI 11 Top 9 Results Show **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Skylar is more interesting than Miranda Lambert, imo. Watching Miranda Lambert is like watching paint dry.
    I've liked Miranda since her Nashville Star days. I don't really see a similarity between her and Skylar. I also don't see a similarity between Skylar and Reba (but DH does).
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    I liked him the one time he sang in the lower register. I think a little bit of falsetto goes a long way.
    Me too! Personally, I prefer just straight singing without the falsetto runs. The falsetto sound just what it is - false-etto.

We played the songs for a relative today, and I've got to say - not looking at them, just listening to their singing, really was a different experience. I still didn't care for DeAndre's singing and he hurt my ears on one bad note - there just wasn't much to his voice or Colton's either that night (though I still like Colton). Maybe they were drowned out by the music/background, but having just the audio was interesting for me to listen to. Many of them hit bad notes, which I admit I didn't hear on show night. The Madonna songs trio did a good job, Skylar really stood out (in a good way) on that one. And, we heard the good parts to HeeJun's voice - he had some very nice moments in that song. Now tonight, on Jay Leno's show, he didn't sound so good (again).

Quote Originally Posted by ranger1rg View Post
    I think the bottom 3 is pretty much on the mark.

DeAndre's falsetto isn't gonna work much longer anyway, and Skylar's no Carrie Underwood.

HeeJun should go home.
    She's no Carrie to be sure, but she IS a better vocalist that that bleeting Taylor Swift.
    bee stung lips likes this.

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win View Post
    I love country music, and I don't love Skylar ... don't know why even. When my boys were babies and got fussy, I would put Trisha Yearwood on, it was like baby valium. They would calm right down, their little eyes would gloss over, crooked smiles on their face. Trisha was the only music they liked.
    LOL! I can relate to this. I'm watching my 19 month old niece while my sister is training on a new job. Her baby valium is Daydream Believer by the Monkees. Something about Davy Jones voice really soothes her.

Now back on topic. I do like some country, but I can't stand Skylar. All I see is a Miranda Lambert copycat. I'm not a fan of Miranda's at all so that doesn't help Skylar's cause. I find her voice very nasal and twangy and not in a good way like Hillary Scott from Lady Antebellum. Miranda just takes me to a trailer trash place and so I'm not a fan.

I like Phil and Colton for final 2. Jessica has the same problem Katherine McPhee had for me. She's not likable. I think Jessica is good and knows it so she doesn't connect well with the audience. I think it will catch up with her too. On technique Katherine should have beaten Taylor by a mile, but Taylor was more likable. I think Jessica has the same problem. BTW the final 2 that season SHOULD have been Elliott and Chris, but America got it wrong.

I also did enjoy Deandre's performance. He's really really pretty too. I don't know that he's commercial enough for post Idol success, but he does have talent. I just wish Jennifer would quit fawning over him. It's like Paula and Corey all over again but without the sex.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

For my daughter, it was the African group who backed up Paul Simon on the Diamonds on the Soles of her Shoes album. Not remember the name of the group at the moment.
    I liked Skylar a lot in the beginning but she hasn't shown me anything new, so I'm losing interest. The bouncy act has to be balanced by something more sincere.
    Count your blessings!

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    She's no Carrie to be sure, but she IS a better vocalist that that bleeting Taylor Swift.
    She is light years ahead of the thin-voiced Taylor Swift with her perpetual pitch problems.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Apparently, it's quite difficult for many of the seasoned performers to sing live too. Anyone catch the AMC Awards last night? Ouch! Some of the performances were quite painful IMO. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post
    We played the songs for a relative today, and I've got to say - not looking at them, just listening to their singing, really was a different experience. I still didn't care for DeAndre's singing and he hurt my ears on one bad note - there just wasn't much to his voice or Colton's either that night (though I still like Colton). Maybe they were drowned out by the music/background, but having just the audio was interesting for me to listen to. Many of them hit bad notes, which I admit I didn't hear on show night. The Madonna songs trio did a good job, Skylar really stood out (in a good way) on that one. And, we heard the good parts to HeeJun's voice - he had some very nice moments in that song. Now tonight, on Jay Leno's show, he didn't sound so good (again).
    I do it every week. That is ... close my eyes for a bit and just listen to some of them and it is really surprising. I kind of "double check" myself to see if I am being too harsh or missing something good or bad and I must say Heejun was not good, and I didn't care for Deandre. As someone already said a little bit of falsetto goes a long way. Some falsetto adds some flavor to the song, adds to it. Like sugar or salt, too much spoils the taste.
    navybelle likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789