+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: 3/28 AI 11 Top 9 Performance Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 3/28 AI 11 Top 9 Performance Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders View Post
    I forgot to ask everyone's opinion on something that happened on the show. After DeAndre sang, Jennifer yelled out that "everyone needs to pick up the phone and vote for DeAndre!" Did that bother anyone else? I have never noticed the judges actively trying to get votes for a contestant like that before and it really rubbed me the wrong way. The American public did not vote him in in the first place, so the judges put him in, and he was in the bottom last week, so she was worried that he would leave. I bet that when he gets voted out, she will try to get the guys to use the save on him. It is disgusting how obvious her crush on him is!
    I mentioned somewhere up thread that I thought the comment was extremely inappropriate, so yes it bothered me.

I also hate the "who's a stand-out" questions. I realize this may be the new way of stimulating votes. When Simon would criticize someone, the supporters would amp up their votes. I think this may be their way getting more votes for the ones who are not included in the judges declaration of who is a stand out. However, I still don't like it. I watched Holly's face when they tout Jessica ... and I can see it hurts the kid.

ETA: Thanks Misty and Razorbacker for acknowledging Leon Russell's " A song for you " I notice this happening a lot ... where the original artist is overlooked. I guess it's a lesson from the Fame is Fleeting school of song.
    Last edited by echo226; 04-02-2012 at 02:56 PM.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    ETA: Thanks Misty and Razorbacker for acknowledging Leon Russell's " A song for you " I notice this happening a lot ... where the original artist is overlooked. I guess it's a lesson from the Fame is Fleeting school of song.
    It's a case of which version you heard first. I noticed the same thing when I was young and found out the songs I like had been previously recorded by other artists. I tended to prefer the version that I heard and liked first. It does make me feel old when I hear them say they're doing a song by so and so and I haven't even heard that version.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    I don't know if I'm allowed to put links on here to other fourms, but I just found one that lists all the songs preformed on American Idol. For A Song for You it lists Elliott and Chip Days from season 2. I don't remember Chip Days. The list is pretty cool though, I just googled something like who sang A Song for You on American Idol and it came up. I also found that Donny Hathaway wasn't the originator of that song - Leon Russel was (wrote and recorded it in 1970). Donny Hathaway covered it in 1971 - and a whole host of other singers have also covered it over the years.
    Actually Ricky Braddy also sang it as I mentioned in my earlier post. Check link below.

Ricky Braddy — Song For You — American Idol 8 Top 36 Video MP3 | Rickey.org

Does it bug any of you when the live audience boos a judge for making a critical remark or suggestion? And does it bug you when the crowd boos or acts all indignent when someone is sent to the bottom 3 or sent home? It does me. IMO it is boring and nonproductive for a judge to say only complimentary things to a contestant. They need input for growth. And when they boo that someone is in the bottom it infers that someone else should have been there instead. It's an insult to the saved ones.

And all the talk about did America get it right. It is what it is. The caller/voter may disagree with you judges. They didn't get it wrong just because they want to send home one of your pet contestants.
    waywyrd and navybelle like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Does it bug any of you when the live audience boos a judge for making a critical remark or suggestion? And does it bug you when the crowd boos or acts all indignent when someone is sent to the bottom 3 or sent home? It does me. IMO it is boring and nonproductive for a judge to say only complimentary things to a contestant. They need input for growth. And when they boo that someone is in the bottom it infers that someone else should have been there instead. It's an insult to the saved ones.

And all the talk about did America get it right. It is what it is. The caller/voter may disagree with you judges. They didn't get it wrong just because they want to send home one of your pet contestants.
    I dont like it on this show or when they boo DWTS judges, its stupid. Why have the judges?
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post

My suspicion is that they encourage the booing.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    My suspicion is that they encourage the booing.
    Your suspicions would be 100% correct.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

+ Reply to Thread