+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718 LastLast
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: 3/28 AI 11 Top 9 Performance Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Re: 3/28 AI 11 Top 9 Performance Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

I forgot to ask everyone's opinion on something that happened on the show. After DeAndre sang, Jennifer yelled out that "everyone needs to pick up the phone and vote for DeAndre!" Did that bother anyone else? I have never noticed the judges actively trying to get votes for a contestant like that before and it really rubbed me the wrong way. The American public did not vote him in in the first place, so the judges put him in, and he was in the bottom last week, so she was worried that he would leave. I bet that when he gets voted out, she will try to get the guys to use the save on him. It is disgusting how obvious her crush on him is!

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    It's great when they let the contestants pick songs on their own and songs that they know they are good at and the result will be the best night yet. If you let them perform in a genre that they are most comfortable in, then the audience will know how good they really are. I think Heejun's was an improvement from past weeks but he has no soul and his diction is a problem. His rendition of that song pales in comparison to Elliott Yamin's or even Ricky Braddy's. And he got a standing O? Some people hate Deandre's falsetto but I digged it and he was pitch perfect despite all those vocal gymnastics he was doing. Skylar and especially Hollie were just alright. Skylar because i'm not really a fan of country and she sings kinda forced especially when belting out. Hollie's idol is not Carrie Underwood, it think she just likes her song and wanted to pander to the evangelical votes. Her Idol i believe is Christina Aguilera and should have sung "Beautiful" which fits her style of singing.

Bottom 3: Hollie, Skylar, Heejun

Hopefully Hee who can't sing goes home. I think Deandre did well enough and Elise got the pimp spot this time so I think they are safe this week.

A Song For You Elliott Yamin - YouTube
    Ricky Braddy Song For You American Idol 8 Top 36 Video MP3 |
    AWESOMENESS!!! I correctly predicted the B3 with Heejun going home. I should have joined the prediction game.
    Jaceegirl likes this.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty View Post
    A tiny little girl with a humongous and very pretty voice is pretty special to me.
    Pretty voices come a dime a dozen. She's not a stand-out to me.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders View Post
    I forgot to ask everyone's opinion on something that happened on the show. After DeAndre sang, Jennifer yelled out that "everyone needs to pick up the phone and vote for DeAndre!" Did that bother anyone else? I have never noticed the judges actively trying to get votes for a contestant like that before and it really rubbed me the wrong way. The American public did not vote him in in the first place, so the judges put him in, and he was in the bottom last week, so she was worried that he would leave. I bet that when he gets voted out, she will try to get the guys to use the save on him. It is disgusting how obvious her crush on him is!
    No it doesn't bother me at all. All of the judges have said something similar about voting for a certain contestant at one point or another, including Paula and Simon. I think she was just frustrated because she thinks he shouldn't be landing in the B3. And just because she asked people to vote for him, doesn't mean that people actually change their votes for him. In fact I'd be willing to bet that most of the time they end up going home anyway.
    bee stung lips likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Pretty voices come a dime a dozen. She's not a stand-out to me.
    Nope, not for me either .
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders View Post
    Yes, I noticed it as well, and feel as you do. I don't remember judges in past seasons doing that. Personally, I'm a little embarrassed for Jennifer this year. Her "goosies" comments are irritating and I thought she was out of control a little bit Wednesday. Screaming and shouting "we have to stand up again" during the standing Os, etc. I will say that I truly do miss Paula (as much as SHE brought the crazy) and Simon.
    maude~flanders likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    Yes, I noticed it as well, and feel as you do. I don't remember judges in past seasons doing that. Personally, I'm a little embarrassed for Jennifer this year. Her "goosies" comments are irritating and I thought she was out of control a little bit Wednesday. Screaming and shouting "we have to stand up again" during the standing Os, etc. I will say that I truly do miss Paula (as much as SHE brought the crazy) and Simon.
    I like J'lo I dont know if I like her as a judge. I dont pay that much attention to her( them) usually, but she was a bit embarrassing this week.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Realitychick View Post
    Elliott Yamin sang the Donny Hathaway song's the best in my opinion. But this was still good...
    Did Ruben Studdard also do A Song For You? I know he did Superstar (andother Donny Hathaway / Carpenters song) but I can't remember if he did A Song For You as well. Elliott is the best pure male vocalist Idol has ever seen. It's a shame he didn't have more commercial success.
    Eastcoastmom likes this.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

Quote Originally Posted by yourefired View Post
    Did Ruben Studdard also do A Song For You? I know he did Superstar (andother Donny Hathaway / Carpenters song) but I can't remember if he did A Song For You as well. Elliott is the best pure male vocalist Idol has ever seen. It's a shame he didn't have more commercial success.
    I don't know if I'm allowed to put links on here to other fourms, but I just found one that lists all the songs preformed on American Idol. For A Song for You it lists Elliott and Chip Days from season 2. I don't remember Chip Days. The list is pretty cool though, I just googled something like who sang A Song for You on American Idol and it came up. I also found that Donny Hathaway wasn't the originator of that song - Leon Russel was (wrote and recorded it in 1970). Donny Hathaway covered it in 1971 - and a whole host of other singers have also covered it over the years.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

Yep that song is from the great Leon Russell. He was a really big deal in the early days of rock. He was even one of the producers for Joe Cocker & the Mad Dogs & Englishmen era. Lots of good videos of those classic concerts on YouTube. Check them out if you get a chance.

+ Reply to Thread