+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718 LastLast
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: 3/28 AI 11 Top 9 Performance Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 3/28 AI 11 Top 9 Performance Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    As awesome as Elise was last night I wouldn't be a bit surprised if she ends up in the bottom two. Somehow I don't think the teenaged girls voting at home got how awesome Led Zepplin is, or how awesome Elize' rendition of that song was. Nonetheless, I'm not worried because if she does end up in the bottom, the judges will most certainly use their save on her. So it's all good.
    I think they will use the save tonight.Its about that time
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I agree. I think that the judges would use their save on Elise or Hollie. I think it's a toss up between those two of who ends up in the bottom three.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

FORT Fogey

I am going with Skylar and Elise on the bottom....the clothing was just to bad on Skylar it would be hard to get past that....and if we do, all we are seeing is a Miranda Lambert clone. Elise may have sung the *** out of the song but girl rockers are not appreciated on AI.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I agree. I think that the judges would use their save on Elise or Hollie.
    Sorry I don't see the judges wasting a save on Holly. She's just not special.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

They think she is though, which is why I think they'd use it.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

A tiny little girl with a humongous and very pretty voice is pretty special to me.
    Jaceegirl likes this.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

The opinions here are so varied, I thought I would throw mine in and then maybe duck?

Just as information, I don't know some of the original artists or perhaps never heard the song chosen or maybe don't vividly recall the song sung in another AI season __ so my "take" is based mostly on what I experienced last night and not on any actual comparison.

Best of the night.

Elise ... Yes I have heard this song, but don't remember Adam's version. I love Elise's voice, and she really knocked it out of the park with this one. Great song choice, a surprise, outstanding performance and a level of joy and warmth we've not clearly seen. This woman has depth.

Josh ... I know this song, and love the original Harry Nillson hit and do not associate it with Mariah. I went and listened to Mariah's version and then Clay Aiken's. Clay's pure strong voice and tone take top honor's but Josh's beats Mariah's in my opinion.

Phillip Simply made me smile and feel good. I wanted to hear him sing another song! The only thing is that vein in his forehead was scaring me!

Middle of the Pack

Hollie She's at the top of the middle. The issue that dropped her from the top group was what I'll call word swallowing in the Verse which loses the story. It's impossible not to make a small comparison w/this recognizable artist & song choice, and all things considered, I think Hollie did a great job.

Jessica Meh. I was really not impressed with this. She is talented and her vocal control is exceptional for such a young performer, but this was not a shining moment for her. Speaking of comparisons, she did a creditable job with the Whitney I will always love you, where the bar was set. This was disappointing by comparison.

Slip Sliding Away

Colton (Sorry fans ) I like Colton __ voice, personality, looks. I like him a lot in fact, and last week I loved his Piano Man, but last night's "Everything" was another case of frequently unintelligible words __ beautiful words, and dubbed by Colton as his favorite "worship song". Not intending to be sacrilegious, because I know God understood the words, but much of the time I didn't.

SKylar This girl can sing alright, but she is starting to make me motion sick and everything is starting to sound the same to me. There is little variation. Surprise us.

Standing "O" for OUTTA HERE

Deandre The all falsetto is just lost on me. Partially falsetto is OK but I want to hear the actual natural voice too at least in part of the song. Can we close our eyes and just listen to this song? I can't. I don't know why the "O", and I think JLo's begging for votes was inappropriate although I would like to see him get just one more chance.

Heejun I have no idea why he got an ovation, except perhaps this was a tad better than he's been vocally and they are trying to help redeem him ... but didn't anyone hear all the pitchy/out of tune parts ? Heejun said in an interview that he was happy with his performance and that if he went home now this would be a happy time to go. I hope they make him happy.
    Last edited by echo226; 03-29-2012 at 04:49 PM.
    Arielflies likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I'd rather listen to Jessica than DeAndre any day of the week. That was beautiful. Very haunting.
    I agree.
    BTW likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Oh good Lord - DeAndre's tortured song is like fingernails on chalkboard for me.
    That was my reaction too! It was awful. I don't get the judges love on this performance.
    BTW likes this.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

There is a stylist for the contestants. Her name is Soyon and currently she has a video at the AI official website on choosing the outfits for the top 9 performers. Blame her for Skylar.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread