+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718 LastLast
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: 3/28 AI 11 Top 9 Performance Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 3/28 AI 11 Top 9 Performance Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

I haven't watched the whole show yet, just bits and pieces. I was helping my son with his homework with the tv on in the background..lol. What I did see was Colton, Joshua, Skylar and Philip.

Colton....He's so cute and he has a nice quality to his voice but I really hope he doesn't try to push the religion down our throats. I don't watch the show for a Bible lesson, I watch for the singing. I do think he's improving though.

Joshua....Oh I love this boy and I don't normally like the 'churchy' singers, but there is something about this kid I really, really like.

Skylar....I want to hear her sing a country ballad. Something slow all the way through.

Philip....There are no words to describe my love for him. I'm a huge Dave Matthews fan and this kid has that vibe.
    mesachick and Jaceegirl like this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Heejun sings with a definite Asian accent that I find distracting. Not a bad thing; just different.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fanatic

I'm actually surprised that nobody critized Jessica with regards to her enunciation...I could barely tell what she was saying. Yes she sounded great, but enunciation is very important. It is so obvious that the judges want her be the final one standing that it actually makes me want to root against her, however, she is too darn good. That being said, Philip is my favourite - he just loves what he does and it shines through, plus he is so darn cute.
    Babycakee likes this.

I pretty much agree with everything that Liedenfrost wrote so I won't repeat it again. I definitely agree with you regarding Heejun. I keep thinking he will be the one to go, but never is. I have seen Adam Lambert perform that song live and of course on the Idol stage and I don't think anyone can live up to him, but that is just me. For Steven to say no one, but Elyse could sing Zepplin, of course crushed me.

Just some further observations I would like to comment on is why is it that Randy told Holly that she can't cover a Carried Underwood song. I again agree with you liedenfrost, I thought she did it beautifully and I love Carrie. What I don't understand is aren't they all covering someone's song no matter who they pick? I guess I am a always confused when he makes that statement. He says that often about not taking on certain artists like it is a no no. I am guessing that he means if you sing it then you have to change it completely, but I see plenty of contestants not changing songs and they don't get told the same thing. I personally thought she showed tremendous emotion when performing that song.

For me and I don't know why, but I see a couple of other people have said the same thing I know Jessica sings extremely well, but she does not connect for me. I also wonder if she is another Pia as she mostly sings ballads. Not that I don't love ballads, but I do remember the week she picked something up tempo that they were not crazy about. Maybe she will do one in the future. All in all it was a good show, but I wish they would shorten it at times.
    Debb70 likes this.

They brought some LIFE tonight! OMG Elise finishes with Zepplin and rocks it out!!! I didn't know we had a true rocker this season as she has kept that hidden, but WOW! You go, girl!

Exclamations points either single or multiple for everyone tonight. This was a show!
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

To the Point

My favs of the night were Phillip & Elise. I love Phillip. There is something about the vibe he brings and until last night I couldn't figure out who he made me think of or what it was about him, but I'm a huge Jonny Lang fan and when I saw him in practice I was like "oh, that's it!!". I love the vibe and I think he is just interesting. Elise rocked it last night. I was so impressed and it was just fun.

My favs were Colton and Joshua - I too, 'felt' them.. I also cannot stand Beyonce but still loved listening to Jessica sing. I also think the reason they practically all received standing Os last night is because of the extreme contrast from last week. Someone already mentioned it but when they can pick their own songs, they can truly shine and entertain. When they are forced into lame themed artists, it is awful, last week was really bad, they need to stop with those, seriously...

First, may I eat my words about Elise. I did not care for her at all, but then she has to peform Whole Lotta Love and well........I ADORE Robert Plant over all and because of Zeppelin, that is my favorite song by them. So, I'm now supporting Elise! LOL IT took courage to take on that song, but she did a fine job. (Adam was better.)

I also thought Jessica, Phillip and Hollie were great. Judges were not fair to Hollie IMO, but I do think she has some timing issues. If you notice she's just a tad too fast or slow nailing a note. I'm not sure if she can hear the music well enough or what it is . Still, she's my favorite. She still needs some jazzin' up and attutide. I'm hoping she hooks up with Scotty for a little flirting.

Skylar is fine, but she is TOO much like Miranda Lambert. For those who know Miranda, you will see how she is doing an impersonation of Miranda on stage. I'm not amused. I like Miranda, but we don't need two of them. Without doing Miranda, I'm afraid Skylar is lost.

Heejun was okay. I like him more than Colton, Joshua or Deandre. I'm sure they are fine singers, but do not appeal to my taste.

This week who knows what will happen in the bottom. I will predict 3 at the bottom on the other thread, but I really have no idea.
    Jaceegirl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    They brought some LIFE tonight! OMG Elise finishes with Zepplin and rocks it out!!! I didn't know we had a true rocker this season as she has kept that hidden, but WOW! You go, girl!

Exclamations points either single or multiple for everyone tonight. This was a show!
    I just realized while I was talking about Adam and his performance I forgot to say that Elise did an amazing job. She really did an incredible job and hope that the fans start realizing how good she really is. Sorry about not saying that earlier.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

As awesome as Elise was last night I wouldn't be a bit surprised if she ends up in the bottom two. Somehow I don't think the teenaged girls voting at home got how awesome Led Zepplin is, or how awesome Elize' rendition of that song was. Nonetheless, I'm not worried because if she does end up in the bottom, the judges will most certainly use their save on her. So it's all good.

Edit: and on another note, as good as Jessica is, she needs to stop with the Beyonce impersonations. She sounded so much like Beyonce last night, had I closed my eyes, I'd have thought it was Beyonce on stage. She really needs to find her own voice, so-to-speak.
    Last edited by bee stung lips; 03-29-2012 at 02:37 PM.
    Babycakee and Jaceegirl like this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

+ Reply to Thread