+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: 3/22 AI 11 Top Ten Result Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 3/22 AI 11 Top Ten Result Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    I love Elise. I do think her voice, tone and style are unique and I can close my eyes and enjoy it. Seriously, the other girls don't have the same impact on my ears and psyche ( with eyes closed) as Elise does.

It could very well be partially due to her being more mature and having more experience and so she may understand the music/songs (and the story behind the lyricists words) better and convey it with her singing. The judges keep telling them that they have to understand what the song is about __ and I think Elise does more so than the others.

"Vienna" was actually an astute choice for Elise.
    Elise is my favorite. I don't watch the tv while the show is on, I'm usually on my computer doing other things while listening. Maybe that's why she is my favorite, never thought that watching her may have an impact on my listening to her.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    I said earlier that there is a coldness about her that doesn't appeal to me.....
    I think she sings okay, but something about her personality when she's not singing bugs me. When the 3 gals were called unstage Skylar tried to grab Elise's hand, she was having none of it. She actually looked away.

FORT Fogey

I couldn't tell what EVP went over to get from Elise.....were they big lollipops? I thought the two of them were going to eat them when they were both in the bottom two as happened previously. I did not think it was attractive move for two more mature women.

I think they were maracas (sp?) - noise makers. She said something about bringing the party over and when they shook them that's what they sounded like.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by YellowRose View Post
    I think she sings okay, but something about her personality when she's not singing bugs me. When the 3 gals were called unstage Skylar tried to grab Elise's hand, she was having none of it. She actually looked away.
    I thought I saw her grab for Elise's hand, but it happened so quickly that I thought I was mistaken!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by YellowRose View Post
    Why would she do that? was she maybe very nervous? people react differently when they are wound up tightly. I don't care for her, so I dont care if Elise stays or goes.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fanatic

I like Elise too... just different than all the young girls who belt out their songs... she sings/feels her songs. I don't think she is cold, I actually think she is just so afraid/excited to finally have her dreams come true, she's not sure how to react to things. I don't think she acts mean or cold to anyone else.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

I'm also a fan of Elise's - probably in my top 3 this season. I like a raspy voice. There is something about her that just does not exude warmth. So my guess is that she is just not winning fans due to her personality, and that might even be misunderstood. She might be terribly anxious because she keeps ending up in the B3.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456