+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: 3/22 AI 11 Top Ten Result Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 3/22 AI 11 Top Ten Result Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

I didn't think Erika would win but she deserved to stay longer than HeeJun or Deandre.
    Debb70 and Fanny Mare like this.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    I do like Erica's new hairdo, but I think it should have been maybe a touch lighter- that black is really jarring. I also think her dress tonight was hideous! It looked like a cinched sack of potatoes. The girl is lovely and has a real woman's figure, so why do they dress her like they want her to look twice her size?
    I agree. I wonder if such a drastic change hurt her. Her hair was too dark and there are many other shorter styles that would have looked better. Or make the change gradually. Perhaps it was generated my a PR person since she was in direct competition with the other blondes. Bad idea. A lighter brown and hipper do may have worked. . I think she was on the way out and this was a desperate attempt, perhaps.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

FORT Fogey

The girl cannot dress------ugly outfit last night as there have been several times in the past. The hair is too dark and too short for a woman as big as she is.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I agree. I wonder if such a drastic change hurt her. Her hair was too dark and there are many other shorter styles that would have looked better. Or make the change gradually. Perhaps it was generated my a PR person since she was in direct competition with the other blondes. Bad idea. A lighter brown and hipper do may have worked. . I think she was on the way out and this was a desperate attempt, perhaps.
    She looked better blond, she looked younger. That cut and colour doesn't suit her. Didn't Tommy Hilfiger suggest this style, so much for his taste if he did.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Maybe in some after interviews she will talk about her hair. There has to be a signifigant reason; I would not buy that it was a whim.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I was hoping Heejun would bow out with dignity. Erika did not deserve to go home.
    OHG, I had that same thought during the departure... However, there was a quick clip of Heejun saying after he performed that he would do something even more crazy next week. I don't know if that was shown on Wednesday after the performance ( didn't see it if it was) or it was shown for the first time Thursday. Sorry kid, you lost my support.

Are there any Elise fans around here? I'm just trying to see if it's me or what. The judges are crazy for her, but I just don't hear it. What am I missing? Anyone?
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Are there any Elise fans around here? I'm just trying to see if it's me or what. The judges are crazy for her, but I just don't hear it. What am I missing? Anyone?
    Not me. I couldn't see why she got a standing ovation
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I said earlier that there is a coldness about her that doesn't appeal to me......somebody on their blog called it "an indescribable unlikability". I think the bringing of the students up on the stage was Ryan's attempt to negate that. Didn't work for me
    mesachick, Debb70 and Fanny Mare like this.

I love Elise. I do think her voice, tone and style are unique and I can close my eyes and enjoy it. Seriously, the other girls don't have the same impact on my ears and psyche ( with eyes closed) as Elise does.

It could very well be partially due to her being more mature and having more experience and so she may understand the music/songs (and the story behind the lyricists words) better and convey it with her singing. The judges keep telling them that they have to understand what the song is about __ and I think Elise does more so than the others.

"Vienna" was actually an astute choice for Elise.
    BTW and BuckeyeAddict like this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast