+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: 3/22 AI 11 Top Ten Result Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: 3/22 AI 11 Top Ten Result Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

I was hoping Heejun would bow out with dignity. Erika did not deserve to go home.
    Debb70 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Wow! I think I got a perfect prediction!!! Don't think the judges will save her.

Yes you did, and you alone ! You will be the first to be underlined ... maybe the first of the season should have a double underline !

Congratulations ... but I still wish that brat Heejun was gone.

First ... he's "only there to help some kids" (phony ) ... and he doesn't "want to be a star". ( That to me is him saying he's too good/better than the other people.)I wish the producers would make a donation to the kids ... and show him the door.

I wish someone would contact the VFTW people and ask them to just pretend Heejun isn't there.

Yikes ! I am really glad Stephen spoke his mind last night !
    Debb70 likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I was hoping Heejun would bow out with dignity. Erika did not deserve to go home.
    You know that wouldn't happen. He did look guilty for winning over Erika though. I was rooting for him from the beginning, but he's gotten worse instead of better. Time to go!! I liked Haley last season, and also tonight. She has a great voice.
    Debb70 likes this.

The first surprise of the season; even the final nine dropped their jaws. Erika's sing for your life was pure molten gold compared to either Heejun or DeAndre. Too bad, too sad.
    Debb70 likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Well when all 3 names were called to the bottom 3, I was expecting those 3 for reasons that Erika and Deandre were not picked by America (wildcards) into the top 13 and that Heejun for making a mockery of the show. I thought Deandre will get cut only because he sang first but I guess he's got enough tween girls voting for him.That left Heejun and Erika. Erika's drastic new look got a mixed reaction from America, either they hated it or they loved it. Based on the polls I've seen, people loved it a little more than they hated it so maybe she can upend Heejun in the votes. Unfortunately for her, Heejun still has quite a following and although he lost some votes for not taking the show seriously, he got votes from VFTW. So I think the boot could have gone either way.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Seriously 'America'?! You sent Erika home and kept Heejun and DeAndre? Seriously!?
    prhoshay, Lil Bit and Debb70 like this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I do like Erica's new hairdo, but I think it should have been maybe a touch lighter- that black is really jarring. I also think her dress tonight was hideous! It looked like a cinched sack of potatoes. The girl is lovely and has a real woman's figure, so why do they dress her like they want her to look twice her size?
    NCLurker likes this.

I don't think "they" dress her. I think it was made pretty clear this week the contestants have their own choice of what to wear.
    Unless the demographic is different in other parts of the country, the tween vote is not what you think it is... I teach middle school and I don't have a single student who watches AI. What parent would let their kid stay up until midnight to vote on a school night?
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherLady View Post
    That "performance" last night by Hee Jun was a travesty and a mockery. Hee Jun needs to get the heck off my TV!
    I guess I just don't get the Heejun hate..any more than I got the hate for any other past contestant. A mockery of what? The bottom line is that Idol is a reality TV show and not a "serious" singing competition. I was so bored by everyone that Heejun actually made me laugh and I appreciated that. I cannot stand all these ballad belters they've loaded the deck with this season. I am not saying Heejun should win, or even that he shouldn't have been the one to go home last night, but people like what they like and we shouldn't play into what this show clearly wants - one contestant on whom we can all heap our hatred and disgust, while they continue on and on and "more deserving" contestants get booted. No chance Erika was going to win anyway, and who cares if the show has one less ballad belter?
    ibot2much likes this.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

I'm not watching it this season but as always we are left scratching our heads. Typical AI.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast