+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: 3/21 AI 11 Top Ten Performance Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 3/21 AI 11 Top Ten Performance Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I was rooting for Jermaine this season and am disappointed that he was eliminated for something that should have been vetted much, much earlier.
    I never liked Jermaine and he was used probably to create controversy (ala X-Factor) and increase ratings. It also seems like judges brought him back out of sympathy (the David Leathers kid is more interesting and should have made it over Eben). He also sounds really old and can only sing old ballads and perhaps Barry White songs. I'm sure they vetted these contestants and to think that he was added in later, they had more time to vet him before the call back.
    Lil Bit likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I have supported quite a few contestants that I really wanted to do well on AI. We have been lucky and had many NC contestants do very well, including Clay, Chris Daughtry, Kelly Pickler, Fantasia, and Scotty. I'm sure there are others I have left out.

I also pulled for those not from NC that I really admired such as Adam. I was as shocked when he lost as I was when Clay did.

I liked Carrie when she was on, but she seemed so stiff and uptight that I never thought she would make it. Goes to show what I know. LOL
    +

It should come as no surprise to anyone that has been around this place for any time at all, but I caught so much grief from folks around here about Carrie. I saw stardom from the very first time she walked on stage. In fact, I even mentioned at one point that she was going to become a multi media darling & I was almost laughed off the forum. Go read her thread sometime, it's quite humorous to see some of the things that were said about her. There was even one person that said he hated her because her nostrils flared when she sang. And then there was the person that kept calling her buck toothed only to have the Dental Association award her the smile of the year just a couple of weeks later.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I have supported quite a few contestants that I really wanted to do well on AI. We have been lucky and had many NC contestants do very well, including Clay, Chris Daughtry, Kelly Pickler, Fantasia, and Scotty. I'm sure there are others I have left out.

I also pulled for those not from NC that I really admired such as Adam. I was as shocked when he lost as I was when Clay did.

I liked Carrie when she was on, but she seemed so stiff and uptight that I never thought she would make it. Goes to show what I know. LOL
    I liked all those that you mentioned. Although I was rooting for and voted for Carrie Underwood as well. There was something in her that just told me she would be a star. When you mention being shocked when Adam lost, I am assuming you mean Adam Lambert. I was shocked as well. From the moment he appeared on AI S8 I was glued to my TV like crazy. Each and every week I could not wait to hear what he was going to perform. I was lucky enough to see him in concert when he came to my state, but the best thing ever happened to me last week when I heard him perform two acoustic songs in a very small setting where I was in the first row. I also got to meet him. He is the nicest guy and can he sing!!!

Back to this year and AI. AI is so different for me now. For me there is to much drama and they just spend to much time on extra stuff. I do not enjoy it as I once did, but still watch it because I like any show that has to do with singing and dancing. I think what they did to Jermaine was all for ratings. They have had people leave the show before because of things they found out. With today's technology I find it hard to believe that they had to wait until the police made them aware of what was going on. The way it was presented was clearly for ratings and that alone. I think it backfired on them. People could see why it was done. I just think that the show has changed all in the name of ratings and also for the promotion of Jlo. Not meaning to offend any fans of Jlo, but I just think they have gone overboard on her. Again, just my opinion.

This year's talent because that is the reason I watch is for the contestants I have some I like and others not at all. Heejun Hang (hope I have his name right) again in my opinion should have gone before either girl that was voted off. Speaking of voting I wish they would change the voting practice and limit it like other shows have started. To tell you the truth I do not vote anymore because I could never keep up with the young kids of today. lol In regards to Heejun he may be very nice, but I cannot figure him out. I just don't think he has a great voice and was even surprised he made it to the top 10, but he must have fans because he still is in. I just don't find he takes it serious enough. I do like Colton and his version of Piano Man for me should have received a standing ovation since the judges seems to be so free with them this season. Jessica Sanchez sang very well, but that was her second standing ovation. Randy needs to remember what he says in his comments from week to week because he told her that she always, each and every week delivers a stellar performance. Last week all the judges told her she chose the wrong song and it was not her best. I like Philip Phillips because he basically sticks to who he is and didn't take any of what Tommy, Jimmy or P Diddy said to him. Why they told him to lose the guitar when he has the ability to play an instrument makes no sense to me. I think Elese (sp?) is good, but hard to say if the fans that are voting do because this was the first week she was not in the bottom 3. I don't have a clear favorite yet. I have found in the past seasons except for the season with Adam that who I originally might like changes over the weeks. I just wish AI would stop with all the drama. These are just my ramblings and of course my opinions and I don't expect everybody or anybody to agree. lol
    Last edited by Jaceegirl; 03-24-2012 at 04:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    I'm missing contestant personality showing through this year. It seems that last year every contestant (sans Pia) brought an outgoing personality and a stage presence. With most of the females being ballad singers (like Pia) they seem rather wooden on stage with little facial movement. In other words they don't tell the song's story with emotion. With the boys, outside of the stupid attempts at comedy by Heejun, the others (except Phil and Colton to a degree) don't bring personality outside of their singing. How awkward was it when they brought out the crawfish for Joshua.

Anyway, that is why I'm disappointed with the performances this season. The voices can be terrific, but stage presence is also key.
    I have been trying to figure out why none of these contestants is appealing to me all that much, and I think you have nailed it. Nobody is bringing the personality of some of the past season's contestants. I hate all the ballads, for one thing, and that's all they seem to be doing this season. It's the first season ever that I haven't looked forward to the show or been nervous for who would be eliminated.
    Jaceegirl likes this.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    This year's talent because that is the reason I watch is for the contestants I have some I like and others not at all. Heejun Hang (hope I have his name right)
    LOL! You combined the names (Heejun) Han and (William) Hung to make Hang.
    Jaceegirl likes this.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Didn't want to start up a new thread for this, but I read that the top 9 will be singing the songs of their idols (I suppose that leaves their options wide open). And Scotty McCreery will perform Thursday, as will Nicki Minaj. Another night that my FF button will get a workout. Nothing against Scotty - just not a country fan. Not a fan of Nicki's either.

+ Reply to Thread