+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: 3/21 AI 11 Top Ten Performance Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

Re: 3/21 AI 11 Top Ten Performance Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    I actually was surprised that I thought Diddy did a good job. Of course he had all those talent hunt shows to make his own money-making groups.......but they pooped out after a very short time.
    Diddy has sense. He was smart enough to fire that annoying beyotch Aubrey Oday.

As far as the Idols, I actually can see Colton and Philip in the F2. It's teenage girls voting and I think they'll end up going all Mean Girls on Jessica and her prissy attitude.

I think Colton winning would be a great story since they had to beg him to audition. It would be like that chick winning Rock of Love who he meant to send home and didn't. Great for PR (not that this show needs any more).

For me Phil and Colton are my two favorites. I'm not a fan of female singers and I wouldn't hate to see them all go one by one. Hollie needs to be the first one. She's just awful.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

I'm missing contestant personality showing through this year. It seems that last year every contestant (sans Pia) brought an outgoing personality and a stage presence. With most of the females being ballad singers (like Pia) they seem rather wooden on stage with little facial movement. In other words they don't tell the song's story with emotion. With the boys, outside of the stupid attempts at comedy by Heejun, the others (except Phil and Colton to a degree) don't bring personality outside of their singing. How awkward was it when they brought out the crawfish for Joshua.

Anyway, that is why I'm disappointed with the performances this season. The voices can be terrific, but stage presence is also key.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

How awkward was it when they brought out the crawfish for Joshua.
    Very, and whatever they were going for, it didnt work.Something is missing from this show, perhaps it the way the voting goes?( predicable) I dont know.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fanatic

I think in the beginning idol seasons, the finalist just basically sang, with a track of music, or maybe a small band, but they didn't have
    these musical productions sets until the ending shows. I think sometimes, having these amatuers, like Hollie, they really don't know what to do with the big stage, and the audience. I think the older contestants, who may have some stage work, do a little better. I remember Carrie in the original shows, she could be a little stiff on stage... I just think some of them need to grow into the "idol" role, we just have to pick, who has the ability to do that!

I remember how Carrie held her arms stiffly at that odd angle like a Barbie doll. I'm glad she blossomed to become the star she is. I didn't like her during her season. Hard to say who, this season, has the personality to do that. It's just such a pressure cooker - I don't envy them.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    I'm missing contestant personality showing through this year. It seems that last year every contestant (sans Pia) brought an outgoing personality and a stage presence. With most of the females being ballad singers (like Pia) they seem rather wooden on stage with little facial movement. In other words they don't tell the song's story with emotion. With the boys, outside of the stupid attempts at comedy by Heejun, the others (except Phil and Colton to a degree) don't bring personality outside of their singing. How awkward was it when they brought out the crawfish for Joshua.

Anyway, that is why I'm disappointed with the performances this season. The voices can be terrific, but stage presence is also key.
    Me ? I ache for the Aiken days ... when that voice came out for the first time ... and later when people were at the edge of their seats waiting for his performance. Those were the days when people actually seemed to care who won. Love him or hate him ... people even cared some in Taylor's season which of course included Chris Daughtry. I guess people don't care too much any more and have no allegiances as before. It's kind of sad.

If this continues I think they will be struggling to keep an audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I remember how Carrie held her arms stiffly at that odd angle like a Barbie doll. I'm glad she blossomed to become the star she is. I didn't like her during her season. Hard to say who, this season, has the personality to do that. It's just such a pressure cooker - I don't envy them.
    I didn't care for Carrie in her season either and I am glad others saw the talent and voted appropriately. She's tremendous.

There are a number of others that AI found and groomed who were able to use it as a springboard __ Jennifer Hudson, Daughtry and even Kat McPhee among them.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I tuned in every week when Adam lambert was on. .He was different, OTT, and he had a great voice! of course he wasn't idol material, so he wouldnt have won . I dont see that on AI anymore. Its sort of vanilla for me now
    Debb70 and Jaceegirl like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

There have been a few who really engaged me... Clay and Adam at the top of that list, Elliott Yamin, Crystal Bowersox, Melinda Doolittle. I was rooting for Jermaine this season and am disappointed that he was eliminated for something that should have been vetted much, much earlier. Joshua caught me by surprise last week and disappointed me this week. There hasn't been a single winner who I was rooting for, so I'm a little jaded about that. The last four years of white guys have been so bland and uninspired. Scotty, at least, had his special genre of deep-voice country, but it's not one I enjoy. I thought the cast this year was going to be a little more special, but most of the girls have turned into straining, grunting, belters. HeeJun continues the tradition of square peg/round hole (the ginger Stevens kid, Sanjaya, Paul from last season, bird call girl, yodelling Carmen, etc.). I'll keep watching and see what evolves.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    There have been a few who really engaged me... Clay and Adam at the top of that list, Elliott Yamin, Crystal Bowersox, Melinda Doolittle. I was rooting for Jermaine this season and am disappointed that he was eliminated for something that should have been vetted much, much earlier. Joshua caught me by surprise last week and disappointed me this week. There hasn't been a single winner who I was rooting for, so I'm a little jaded about that. The last four years of white guys have been so bland and uninspired. Scotty, at least, had his special genre of deep-voice country, but it's not one I enjoy. I thought the cast this year was going to be a little more special, but most of the girls have turned into straining, grunting, belters. HeeJun continues the tradition of square peg/round hole (the ginger Stevens kid, Sanjaya, Paul from last season, bird call girl, yodelling Carmen, etc.). I'll keep watching and see what evolves.
    I wasn't a fan of Scotty .He was okay, not the music I like .I did like James Durbin( was he last year?) after he left, I didnt watch it any longer.Again James wasn't idol material, its not who they like to end up with .Clay, I loved Clay . We saw Reuben over Xmas, he was pretty good.

I would still be rooting for Jermaine if he was in it.

I dont have anyone now, nobody that I wouldn't want to miss perform.
    NFL1 likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

I have supported quite a few contestants that I really wanted to do well on AI. We have been lucky and had many NC contestants do very well, including Clay, Chris Daughtry, Kelly Pickler, Fantasia, and Scotty. I'm sure there are others I have left out.

I also pulled for those not from NC that I really admired such as Adam. I was as shocked when he lost as I was when Clay did.

I liked Carrie when she was on, but she seemed so stiff and uptight that I never thought she would make it. Goes to show what I know. LOL
    Fanny Mare and Jaceegirl like this.

+ Reply to Thread