+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: 3/21 AI 11 Top Ten Performance Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 3/21 AI 11 Top Ten Performance Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    I actually was surprised that I thought Diddy did a good job. Of course he had all those talent hunt shows to make his own money-making groups.......but they pooped out after a very short time.
    How many names has he had now? three.? I loved How J'lo was going to call him Puffy, which was the name he had when he was dating her, and arrested for having a gun on him. He did okay, he wasn't Mary J Blige who I thought has been the best mentor they have had so far.
    I dont listen to Jimmy, a couple of the kids looked confused by him last night.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    And what would be your suggestion? Flava Flav or Justin Beiber week?

I don't care who it is, just please do not ever make the fans sit thru Billy Joel night again.. * Y A W N * especially because most of the artists are too young to even really know the music. I like it so much better when they can just pick a song out of a year or a decade or sing whatever they want, etc... I'm not a fan of artist theme nights..
    mesachick and Fanny Mare like this.

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat View Post
    This version of ONly The Good Die Young by DeAndre is really dreadful.
    I did not like it at all.
    I think this was a poor song choice for him. I think "River of Dreams" would have been a much better choice for him. I think he will be going home.....bad song choice plus singing first. Deadly combo.
    I am fairly certain that given a cape and a nice tiara, I could save the world.

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders View Post
    OMG! What did they do to that poor girl? She was a cute young girl with a fresh look, and now she looks like Kris Jenner's chubby sister. They aged her by 20 years! Awful!

Like the cut....hate the color. They talked about Pink, she already had the two -tone hair. Why did they give her the shoe polish black hair. Ugh!!! Maybe this will be like an ANTM make over and it will take a week or two until she becomes one with her new 'do. Fornunately for her she's on AI and not ANTM. I thought she sounded great. I loved the bluesy sound to the song.
    I am fairly certain that given a cape and a nice tiara, I could save the world.

FORT Fogey

Speaking of EVP, where did the two tone hair come from that was shown while consulting with the stylists???? She never had that while she has been on the show

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post
    The beginning had me worried, when he stopped the keyboard player! There were quite a few cringe-worthy moments in that song, but I have to admit it did make me smile and entertained me more than some of the ballads. Steven didn't even clap for him at first. He was pretty harsh in his critique too - doesn't seem like he likes how HeeJun is making a joke of everything, said the music business will kick his ass. He also said something like, are you happy that you took the pi## out of that song? Wow.
    I appreciated the fake-start joke. If he had actually been able to sing the rest of the song well it would even have been brilliant. As it was, I'm really glad Steven said what he did: it was a candid moment of rebuke and even if most of the audience didn't hear it (I know how hard it is to hear in the studio sometimes) I think Heejun did. And I think a subtle rebuke will do more to sink Heejun than histrionics that will make people vote for him. But this is the first time I've missed Simon since he left: I really wanted someone to say that this performance sounded like karaoke night (because IT DID).
    mesachick and Fanny Mare like this.

Why didn't HeeJun do You May Be Right" by Billy Joel. Lyrics include. "It might just be a lunatic you're looking for." Very upbeat and over the top and funny. I think that would have been a great pick for one of the guys.

Quote Originally Posted by jsciv View Post
    I appreciated the fake-start joke. If he had actually been able to sing the rest of the song well it would even have been brilliant. As it was, I'm really glad Steven said what he did: it was a candid moment of rebuke and even if most of the audience didn't hear it (I know how hard it is to hear in the studio sometimes) I think Heejun did. And I think a subtle rebuke will do more to sink Heejun than histrionics that will make people vote for him. But this is the first time I've missed Simon since he left: I really wanted someone to say that this performance sounded like karaoke night (because IT DID).
    It was bad ... I've heard a lot of karaoke singers that sounded a lot better than Heejun.

They want an American Idol, yet they have them sing genre's that are considered oldies. There is no relevance in todays market with these songs. I miss Simon the most for pointing out the singers that are not relevant.

Elise is my favorite singer at this point, I like her change-ups, I like her tone, I like that she doesn't sing at the top for the entire song. I am sick to death of ballads and crooners. Philip doesn't do it for me at all. They are all starting to sound the same week after week. This will probably be my last week of watching. I didn't watch last season past round 10.

As much as I think The X Factor is overproduced, I enjoyed seeing different genre's of singing. I loved Chris Rene, and came to love the other rap kid (can't think of his name), and I don't like rap! AI's format of crooners is so stale and outdated.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

I actually like Colton's hair. He's young still and nows the time to play around with it. Then again, I really want pink streaks but I'm job hunting, so it's a no go...lol
    He blew me away last night. That's my favorite song on that playlist and I thought he did an amazing job with it. It wasn't over the top but it wasn't boring, either.

I love HeeJun, but he was bad last night. I wonder if nerves aren't getting the best of him because I loved what he did during the audition period.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

My thoughts:

I'm actually becoming impressed with Steven Tyler. He is giving real critiques and he hasn't said "beautiful" in awhile.

I loved Colton and Jessica.

I still like Phil, but I can see that he's somewhat of a one-trick pony and I'm afraid people will get bored with him. And I understand that you are a simple guy, but would it hurt to wear a blue or red shirt at least?

I love Erika's voice and didn't care for her new hair color. I don't think she will last too much longer though because she doesn't seem to appeal to the voters.

I think Elise is good, but she just can't seem to connect with the audience. I think she really came alive when her students came out on the stage and it makes me think that she may be an awesome teacher.

I agree with Steven about HeeJun. I think he is funny and likeable and even a good enough singer, but he just isn't taking this whole thing seriously and that bothers me. He has an opportunity that others would die for so to take it so lightly is an insult to the people who work so hard to realize their dreams.

I just can't seem to warm up to Skylar. I'm not a country fan by a long shot, so I suppose that may have something to do with it, but it also seems like she shouts a lot of her songs.

I like Deandre much better when he isn't singing in his falsetto voice so much, but he still isn't my favorite. I don't see him lasting too long either unless the teen girls keep him in because he is pretty cute.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

+ Reply to Thread