+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: 3/21 AI 11 Top Ten Performance Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 3/21 AI 11 Top Ten Performance Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Well I was very underwhelmed tonight . I dont get why the judges dont have the guts to tell Heejun just how bad he is .Yes he's funny and as they said entertaining , but this isn't America's next stand up comic.

Deandre, WTH was that??
    Joshua will stay on, he had a good song last week This week meh.

I dont know why Elise got a standing O.What am I missing?? .I thought she was pitchy.I didnt like Erica's hair, I think she looks even older than she did. She has a good voice, I still dont think she is connecting with the audience at home. I hope she stays on though.

Skylar with the huge earrings the awful dress that made her looked smaller and wider than she is, poor choice all around Tommy H.Plus she was also pitchy

Jessica thank goodness, I love Hollie( who wasn't great tonight) but Jessica was. Wow! She is good, almost too good. Great voice.

Colton Colton Colton. You are such a gifted singer, musician,& performer . And your hair looks fine
    I thought Steven DID tell Heejun how it was.

FORT Fogey

I did laugh when Steven apparently was a bit angry at Heejun....like he took music so seriously during all those drug years. Now he is old father time dispensing advice

Did you pick up Ryan's pimping to humanize Elise with her students and the chance he gave Colton to thank God???
    Last edited by ibot2much; 03-22-2012 at 09:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duff View Post
    HeeJun dude, I still love you but you need to inject more seriousness in your performances.
    Perhaps you will get better support if you had auditioned for Last Comic Standing.
    Why does he need to be more serious? He is definitely not the best singer, but he made me smile and actually laugh out loud, which beats being bored to tears like I was with the rest of them up to that point.
    AZChristian likes this.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    And what would be your suggestion? Flava Flav or Justin Beiber week?
    Rick Springfield - Every year I have my fingers crossed for this!
    "Since no one can ever know for certain whether or not his own view of life is the correct one, it is absolutely impossible for him to know if someone else's is the wrong one." -Gore Vidal

As you are now aware, it was Garth Brooks. Once again The Dawg proves himself clueless to country music. Brad Paisley? Um no, sorry.
    Yep, my very next post stated that Randy was wrong. It was so many years ago that I could not remember who had sung that song, I just get annoyed when they do covers and then through lack of disclosure it makes it seem as if they were the ones who came up with the new arrangement.

Holly may have been born in England but her older brother does not have a trace of that accent, I just find it odd and a bit put on. The accent should have faded by now given that her brother does not have it. A minor nitpick, I know but sometimes things just catch our attention and we have a hard time moving past them. This is one of them for me.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

I thought Steven DID tell Heejun how it was.
    So you took the piss out of it Really Tyler offers nothing but if that was telling Heejun what he really thought, they both should be off the show, I dont think anyone really got was Tyler was saying to him. I rewound it,and they sort of all giggled after?? . jmho

This is why we need Simon. He would've known what Heejun was up to, called it "absolutely dreadful", and turned him into the next Sanjaya, which would've been amazing[/B]
    absolutely !!
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 03-22-2012 at 11:02 AM.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I think Hee Jun is a really funny guy, but I understand where Steven is coming from. I don't think he was saying get serious in the lose your funny kind of way, but just to start taking this opportunity more seriously. All the funny in the world isn't going to make you a good singer, and if Hee Jun losing the act, he might improve his singing. He does have a lot of good mentors to help guide him.

Hilfiger seemed kind of a moot point last night. No one really took his advise. I figured Skylar would come out in matching boots, but she was wearing heels lol. Everyone wore what they originally had chosen as far as I could tell. Of course they might take his advice later in the season. I just found it pretty funny, like why did they bother having this guy on in the first place.
    Lil Bit likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I think Hee Jun is a really funny guy, but I understand where Steven is coming from. I don't think he was saying get serious in the lose your funny kind of way, but just to start taking this opportunity more seriously. All the funny in the world isn't going to make you a good singer, and if Hee Jun losing the act, he might improve his singing. He does have a lot of good mentors to help guide him.

Hilfiger seemed kind of a moot point last night. No one really took his advise. I figured Skylar would come out in matching boots, but she was wearing heels lol. Everyone wore what they originally had chosen as far as I could tell. Of course they might take his advice later in the season. I just found it pretty funny, like why did they bother having this guy on in the first place.
    I think heejun took someone place that wants to sing.I am not sure what his kid wants anymore.I like him, but the judges haven't a clue imnsho. I agree about Hilfiger, I thought it was a waste having him on.Maybe they were filling time.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I actually was surprised that I thought Diddy did a good job. Of course he had all those talent hunt shows to make his own money-making groups.......but they pooped out after a very short time.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

I could have sworn that somebody in here mentioned The Voice and how AI is better this year. I couldn't find the post....hmmm....to quote it. But I wanted to comment on that. Last season, I strongly felt that AI was done and that it was time to retire it. The Voice was the new, fresh, and exciting kid on the block. However, AI is a grand old lady that isn't going down without a fight. I am pleasantly surprised this season. They fixed many of the things I disliked so much about the past few seasons. I'm actually OK with the judges not tearing the contestants down. I don't tune in to see hopes and dreams crushed, I don't enjoy watching contestants cry because the judges tore them apart. I stopped watching AI because of that very reason. I pretty much ignore the judges anyways and focus on the singing. Unless the comments become too cruel which I feel they had when Simon was still on, there was no need for that nastiness.

I appreciate that they are trying new things and trying to find a way to breath a new life into this show that had grown so stale. And as I said, I am pleasantly surprised at the level of talent they'd managed to amass. Only one, Heejun, can't sing. The others (even if I do not like their style of singing - Holly, Jessica) can sing. Those girls are incredibly talented and I can acknowledge that, I would be fine with them winning. I just wouldn't buy anything they released.

So AI is fighting back and The Voice has stumbled. I'm glad to see it because I've watched this show since season 1 and it saddened me to see it lose it's way so much. I hope that they can continue to push forward and find ways to help them compete with that other singing show.
    NCLurker likes this.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

+ Reply to Thread