+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: 3/21 AI 11 Top Ten Performance Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Nik

Re: 3/21 AI 11 Top Ten Performance Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Well it figures the one guy with a personality (Heejun) is also the worst singer. But god he's hilarious and I love that J Lo and Randy haven't figured out it's all a joke yet, and keep critiquing him like this is some serious Juliard shiz. Hello? He's deadpan and he's laughing at you! This is why we need Simon. He would've known what Heejun was up to, called it "absolutely dreadful", and turned him into the next Sanjaya, which would've been amazing! And I can't believe Steven woke up from his nap long enough to be the most perceptive judge, but he totally had Heejun's number and was PISSED about it. "Music is gonna kick your ass."

I have to say though, a lot of the singing is surprising me from week to week. Jessica owned the night on Whitney week, then Joshua ripped off his jacket all "Take THAT bitch!", and now Older Blonde Chick and Girl Formerly Known as Other Older Blonde Chick* told those youngsters to sit their asses down because Elise and Erika are gonna blow it up tonight!

It's too bad we know how this is all gonna pan out (Philip/Jessica F2 duh) cuz man, think how enjoyable this show would be if we had Simon and two judges worth a damn who'd have the balls to call Jessica the worst performance last week (thereby setting up her spectacular comeback this week), and tell Philip he's falling into a douchey, lazy rut and stop dressing like a hobo already. How the competition would seem like it could go in ANY direction with Jessica, Philip, Colton, Erika, Elise and Joshua all delivering at least one GREAT performance already and Hollie and Skylar seem capable of doing that soon. We could then feel as if we're discovering a frontrunner rather than being force-fed one. The way Kelly Clarkson, Jordin Sparks, David Cook and Kris Allen weren't preordained winners and we were somehow a part of their evolution.

But instead we get "Everyone's great!", crawfish, goosies (still not happening, J Lo), real time with Jimmy, and -- to borrow from Deandre who's totally going home tomorrow night -- LORD HAVE MERCY, let's just freaking read Jessica the runner-up speech (if the reigning Idol can't fulfill his duties blah blah) and give Philip Phillips the sash he won't wear cuz it's not grey, and call it a day already.

(*Hollie Cavanagh is threatening to turn into Other Older Blonde Chick if she keeps wearing Miss Havisham's clothes and doesn't lose her stiff stage presence)

First time watching this season tonight and I'll say that Phillip was easily my favorite, but Hee Jun made me smile the most. Not really a fan of Jessica, she has tons of talent but I generally do not like that style of singing. De'Andre is a definite no for me, but I love his hair. I like the girl that who got to have her students come on the stage and Colton is pretty great too. No one else really stood out in a good or bad way for me. Wish I could watch more this season, but I'll read about it on the boards.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

No way is HeeJun going home tonight. The show fed into his comedy by not showing what song he was going to sing during his mentor practice and he totally faked us out with his "false start". Vote for the Worst, whether you like it or not, can tip the scales in a close race and they're voting for him. He's Sanjaya with awareness. The first possible opportunity, theme-wise, he should sing "She Bangs".
    NFL1 and fan*addict like this.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    Song weeks like this need to go away - esp. Billy Joel and Elton John.
    And what would be your suggestion? Flava Flav or Justin Beiber week?
    Lil Bit and Uncle David like this.

Quote Originally Posted by WinkyD View Post
    Not caring for Joshua tonight. Is he going to Gospelize every song now?

ETA: catgyrl, two posters have answered specifically. And Joshua sang whatever song is "She Has a Way about Her" (I'm not a big Billy Joel fan).
    As to the bolded part, I think that is eventually going to kill him with the audience. I think he may be bottom 3 tonight.

The newbies rejecting Hilfiger's advice? Producers need to read them Green Eggs and Ham.
    Lil Bit likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders View Post
    Joshua can sure sing. I'm really glad he didn't give into the pressure to wear a tux - that would have been really cheesy. I like what he wore!
    Sometimes I think these "mentors" do more harm than good. I hate how that Jimmy guy tells them what to sing, how to sing it, how to move during their performance, and how they should look. It used to be all about the contestants choosing these things themselves - other than help with their clothes and hair. Adam used to stage huge productions! Now, they can't make a move without Jimmy's input - and the judges often don't agree with him. I wish they would get rid of that guy and let the kids make their own choices again.
    Perhaps you haven't noticed that the kids that know who they are DO make their own choices & stick to them. Skylar did it last week & Phillip this week. Jimmy Iovine is a legendary producer with some of the biggest albums in history under his belt. If they don't want to take his advise, he doesn't care.
    NFL1 and mesachick like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    I thought Skylar was supposed to wear boots? OK, I can't enjoy this because I know I've heard this version before! Who has sang this exactly like this? This is a cover of a cover of a Billy Joel song. Anybody remember who has sang it? HA! Thank you Randy! Calling her on it. Brad Paisley.
    As you are now aware, it was Garth Brooks. Once again The Dawg proves himself clueless to country music. Brad Paisley? Um no, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherLady View Post
    I love Skylar, but she looked like she was wearing her mama's curtains!

Loved Elise for the first time on several weeks.
    I have said it before & I'll say it again. Skylar is the oldest looking 18 year old girl in perhaps the history of recorded time.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    What on earth is Hollie wearing? What is that? High waist and yet mid-riff bearing. Is this outfit supposed to make her look younger? Hipper? She looks old, like some aging lounge singer. How come she's got this odd accent and her brother does not? The accent is driving me crazy. I'm not as enamored of her as the judges evidently are, however, she didn't embarrass herself on this song. It wasn't bad.
    Holly was born in Liverpool England.

+ Reply to Thread