+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: 3/15 AI 11 Result Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    What I didn't like about Daughtry during his season, I still don't like. Too much vibrato or something. Sorry, I just don't see the attraction, I was actually kind of bored with his performance.
    I thought he was great. We went to one of his concerts, which sold out so fast.. Cook is good as well, not as good imho
    And Adam Lambert, Excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    Because he came into this with a ready made fan base, thanks to the focus on him during Hollywood week. One year I wish they would stop pushing a few "early favorites," and just show us a little bit of everyone who makes it to the top 24.
    Yes he had a fan base already. He was funny, and as Jimmy said was being the comedian.But he was likable Also, dont forget the Asian vote,they are thrilled to have him in the top ten.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 03-16-2012 at 02:43 PM.
    Duff likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Regular

Re: 3/15 AI 11 Result Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I thought he was great. We went to one of his concerts, which sold out so fast.. Cook is good as well, not as good imho
    And Adam Lambert, Excellent.
    Of the non-winners, Elliott Yamin, Adam Lambert and Clay Aiken occupy my top spots before Chris Daughtry. He is a great performer and has accomplished much after AI, but I was let down a bit by his bitterness at being eliminated from the contest (albeit earlier than expected).

Hmm, all guys in my selection. Is that saying something?
    Debb70 likes this.

FORT Fogey

I personally love that someone was eliminated, because the whole focus was who goes on tour...can't postpone that a week...but now we have a save week where only one can be eliminated that following week. I was surprised that Elise was in the bottom - she killed it, I love Tina Turner and she redeemed herself. I don't get the Erika love though, and was surprised that DeAndre and HeeJun were spared the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Duff View Post
    Of the non-winners, Elliott Yamin, Adam Lambert and Clay Aiken occupy my top spots before Chris Daughtry. He is a great performer and has accomplished much after AI, but I was let down a bit by his bitterness at being eliminated from the contest (albeit earlier than expected).

Hmm, all guys in my selection. Is that saying something?
    May I add Jennifer Hudson to give the non winner selection some distaff balance ?
    Duff likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    May I add Jennifer Hudson to give the non winner selection some distaff balance ?
    Thats an excellent add!
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I like Jennifer better now than I did when she was on the show. Her success is deserved based on the talent she displays, but I am not sure I would have said that during the AI season

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    I like Jennifer better now than I did when she was on the show. Her success is deserved based on the talent she displays, but I am not sure I would have said that during the AI season
    I loved her during her stint on AI.I knew that wouldn't be the last we heard of her.
    -Andy Rooney-

I just went over and looked at the Prediction game and not one single person thought the bottom 3 would be 3 women !

I really like both Elise and Erica, and comparatively speaking __ Elise really didn't fit in the same 3-Pack with Shannon. Elise has a mature and easy-to-listen to voice. I feel some compassion for Shannon who is pretty darn composed for a kid, but needs to find her voice. This was good experience for her __ sweet girl.

Maybe Idol needs to use some of the also-rans as the warm up act for the concert.

Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    I just went over and looked at the Prediction game and not one single person thought the bottom 3 would be 3 women !

I really like both Elise and Erica, and comparatively speaking __ Elise really didn't fit in the same 3-Pack with Shannon. Elise has a mature and easy-to-listen to voice. I feel some compassion for Shannon who is pretty darn composed for a kid, but needs to find her voice. This was good experience for her __ sweet girl.

Maybe Idol needs to use some of the also-rans as the warm up act for the concert.
    I am not sure those three women are/were connecting with the audience, maybe thats why.I thought we only had one pick as to the bottom one ( or going home)
    -Andy Rooney-

I loved her during her stint on AI.I knew that wouldn't be the last we heard of her.
    I loved her too, ( some Midwest bias here) but her situation was a 3-way vote split as part of the 3 divas ( Fantasia, LaToya and Jennifer) __ and I think she came out short for let's say "image" reason.

I guess she showed them __ huh ?

I am not sure those three women are/were connecting with the audience, maybe thats why.I thought we only had one pick as to the bottom one ( or going home)
    You may be correct in that what the 3 have in common is not connecting with the audience, but ET and EVP are in their late 20's and Shannon is in her teens so I am more thinking that ET and EVP are splitting the votes for that demographic and Shannon was splitting/competing with all the younger girls and younger guys.

Elise and Erica won't make it to the end __ smacks of Survivor mentality ... get rid of the "old" folks.

Edit: We did have only one pick for who would be in danger/going home __ but we were invited to choose the bottom 3 and the order of safety. Every single one of us had a male/female mixture as bottom 3.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 03-16-2012 at 02:45 PM.

Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast