+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: 3/15 AI 11 Result Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 3/15 AI 11 Result Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

So my picks weren't exactly correct lol (but in my defense I was thinking what the majority of voters would think vs my thinking lol), but one of the right contestants went home tonight.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat View Post
    You're welcome! Just FF to the Daughtry part, and save yourself a lot of time .
    I did just that. I was not disappointed

I got my girls muddled up though. I was thinking Shannon, and put down Elise. dang!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Now they are down to the touring ten. Perhaps a double elimination in a future week has now been avoided.
    Yeah, that does seem to be the case. The producers were actually smart on that one: now they can let the judges save someone later without that weird double elimination the following week, OR they can spring a "nobody goes" at 5 or 4 and really hype it up for the following week.

Nik

Mariah Carey is rolling over in her grave...because Shannon's performance of "One Sweet Day" was so godawful it freaking KILLED her.
    JavaJo and Fanny Mare like this.

Shannon is the VFTW pick and it's for good reason. Her voice hasn't really developed yet (although not as bad as Eben's) and need a little polishing. They should have told her to come back in a year or two. I can't even imagine why she made it (and Eben) when clearly she wasn't ready for this competition. Her voice was flat yesterday and today and really nothing special in her tone or bring anything new to the table. I bet Simon would have said something nasty. Performance was not even as good as Mariah Carey's little finger. She tries to sing songs bigger than her...so to speak. I can't believe she made it over Jen Hirsch. So far the right 3 has been eliminated...well except for Heejun because I think Jeremy is the better singer but he doesn't have the personality of Heejun.

And why did Shannon sing a song that got her eliminated to begin with? Which defeats the purpose of singing for your life as you think one would prepare a song best suited to ones voice and can actually sing to impress the judges. I doubt they'll use the save for Elise as she has been landing the bottom 3 all too frequently ala Haley last year. Joshua does not have quite the following as Phillip, Jessica, Colton, and Hollie so he may be the Pia Toscano of this season. The judges will smartly use the save this year on Joshua as they wasted it last year on Casey so early in the game.

The top 4 are:
    1. Jessica
    2. Phillip
    3. Hollie
    4. Colton

Vying for the 5th spot
    5. Skylar
    6. Joshua (judges save)
    7. Heejun
    8. Deandre
    9. Elise
    10. Erika
    Last edited by jammyjoe; 03-16-2012 at 03:05 AM.

I'm neither surprised nor shocked that Shannon went home, but I am once again left shaking my head that both Ericka & Elise were bottom 3 while DeAndre & HeeJun were safe. It looks to be shaping up as another, "vote the cute boys forward while the more talented girls get sent home" season. Power voting girls have absolutely destroyed the integrity of this show & the judges even noticed it.
    Lil Bit likes this.

I picked the first bottom two. I was surprised with the third one. I do think it should have been Elise to go home. I don't enjoy her voice at all. I think she will be there next week too.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    I'm neither surprised nor shocked that Shannon went home, but I am once again left shaking my head that both Ericka & Elise were bottom 3 while DeAndre & HeeJun were safe. It looks to be shaping up as another, "vote the cute boys forward while the more talented girls get sent home" season. Power voting girls have absolutely destroyed the integrity of this show & the judges even noticed it.
    I think as long as E&E are both in the competition they'll be splitting votes. When one of them goes, the other should be fine for a week or two.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    I don't know if that's entirely true. In my opinion, the girls all blend together, I can't get them sorted out. They are similar styles, similar looks, they're all belters. If you don't like that style (I don't), you probably won't vote for one of them. Has anyone ever done any studies on the demographics of who is actually doing the voting? In all honestly, for the first time ever, nobody stands out for me this season.

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    How Heejun made it through I'll never know.
    Because he came into this with a ready made fan base, thanks to the focus on him during Hollywood week. One year I wish they would stop pushing a few "early favorites," and just show us a little bit of everyone who makes it to the top 24.

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat View Post
    You're welcome! Just FF to the Daughtry part, and save yourself a lot of time .
    What I didn't like about Daughtry during his season, I still don't like. Too much vibrato or something. Sorry, I just don't see the attraction, I was actually kind of bored with his performance.

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    Chris Daughtry is my favorite all-time American Idol contestant. Hands down.
    Personally, my all-time favorite was David Cook. There hasn't been anyone on any successive season to rival him, in my opinion.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 03-16-2012 at 02:42 PM.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I picked the first bottom two. I was surprised with the third one. I do think it should have been Elise to go home. I don't enjoy her voice at all. I think she will be there next week too.
    There is just such a lack of warmth about her. I remember when Jimmy was coaching her, he TOLD her to smile at the end of the song......if you have to be told that, then you don;t know how to make the connection with the audience.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast