+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: 3/14 AI 11 Top 12 Performance Show **West Coast Spoilers**

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Re: 3/14 AI 11 Top 12 Performance Show **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    I heard Ryan say that a person would be "up for elimination" which doesn't mean that they will go this week.......so I must have missed all that you posted here. When did all this information come out?
    That was my interpretation from the way the news reporter backstage relayed the information. It could very well be wrong and all eleven are safe to duke it out another week...but, it does save that double elimination down the road from happening if they let two go this week (Jeremiah and whoever.)
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    That was my interpretation from the way the news reporter backstage relayed the information. It could very well be wrong and all eleven are safe to duke it out another week...but, it does save that double elimination down the road from happening if they let two go this week (Jeremiah and whoever.)
    Ryan's exact words were that the person would be "at risk of elimination." They've always been very careful about the wording in cases like this and I'm going to be listening to tonight's show with a careful ear. In the end it looks like if they DO decide not to send someone home they're still going to play it like they are until the very last second.

My local TV reporter did the same thing, saying that someone will be eliminated, but I don't really expect that local media is all that versed on the subtleties of AI promo copy.

I just watched the show this morning and WOW! Joshua sang the hell out of his song. When he whipped his jacket off...that was perfect. I'm so not a fan of the screamy, churchy singers they have on this show. Fantasia, Jacob L. ...Ick. Not my thing. But Joshua isn't as screechy or something. He just nails it perfectly, every damn time. I really liked his outfit, too. The whole thing just worked.

I'm torn over Jermaine. On one hand, I do not feel bad for him. He broke the law, chose not to disclose that information, and most likely lied about his family situation. But on the other hand, the look on his face when Nigel was talking to him....you could see embarrassment, regret, devastation...it was all there. He was fighting tears and I felt bad for him in that moment. I sincerely hope he can straighten his life out and find a better path to walk.

Shannon, she chose the only song in the world that really means something to me. It's the song they played at my beloved grandmothers funeral and I can't hear it without crying now. She didn't sing it horribly, but I didn't like her rendition of it.
    Jaceegirl likes this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I just watched the show this morning and WOW! Joshua sang the hell out of his song. When he whipped his jacket off...that was perfect. I'm so not a fan of the screamy, churchy singers they have on this show. Fantasia, Jacob L. ...Ick. Not my thing. But Joshua isn't as screechy or something. He just nails it perfectly, every damn time. I really liked his outfit, too. The whole thing just worked.
    I just watched it again, I wasn't that keen last night. This morning , I gave him a standing ovation!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by liedenfrost View Post
    March 14, 2012: The Top Eleven

I wonít lie. I was flipping channels tonight for the first ninety minutes. But that stopped suddenly, thanks to the last two performances.

1. Joshua Ledet. Not the best overall, but the absolute best R&B performance ever on the Idol stage. And thatís saying something. Tamyra Gray was the first; a brilliant R&B singer, but never personified gospel soul like those who followed. Fantasiaís magnificent I Believe was Idolís first exposure to R&B gospel soul at its finest. It was she who actually pushed back the frontier and opened the door for artists like Jacob Lusk and Joshua Ledet. But credit must also be given to the incredible Nikko Smith, one of the finest R&B male singers ever to set foot on the Idol stage. His R&B had nothing to do with gospel soul; it was a celebration of the ladies. Nikko remains the only male to accurately project the raw, tantric sex rhythm of Marvin Gayeís melancholy Distant Lover. Then we were introduced to finest singer ever to set foot on the Idol stage, the incomparable Elliott Yamin. His A Song for You is not the best R&B performance ever but is still, in my opinion, the finest overall performance in the eleven year history of American Idol. Next up was Jacob Lusk, who offered up a spine-tingling, gospel soul version of God Bless the Child. All these wonderful R&B singers helped pave the way for tonight and Joshua Ledetís When A Man Loves A Woman; unquestionably the finest R&B performance ever on the Idol stage. This dude absolutely disappeared inside these lyrics, man. Iíve never seen anything like this anywhere. Where did he learn this authentic, old school, dirt floor, wrong-side-of-the-tracks R&B gospel soul? In church? It reminded me in some ways of Greg Kirkland and Kim Burrell, two other R&B gospel soul singers that utilize the gospel death rattle to perfection. Also, this was not a Percy Sledge impersonation. Parts of it, especially the soul screams, were very reminiscent of Lenny Williams painful Cause I Love You, DíAngeloís overtly sensual How Does It Feel, and Jesse Powellís elegant and ranging If I. And that Luther Vandross staccato progression with body roll near the end made had me begging for an Encore! Joshua, wherever you are tonight, thank you, thank you, thank you. This is why I watch American Idol; why I remain its self-appointed #1 fan after eleven seasons..
    Amen, amen, amen. Love, love, love him. Note avatar. New cd dropping next month, hopefully.

Agree about Joshua. I tuned in for the first time last week. I had no preconceived notions about anyone nor did I know their back stories. Joshua too me to church and then some! Oh my word! What a performance! I thought it was definitely standing 'o' worthy but unlike you, I wasn't a big fan of Jacob Lusk. I did find him rather screechy and for lack of a better word, pitchy (not a musician so can't say if it was a case of being sharp or flat.) I remember Nikko Smith, too, and thought he was very talented. Love Fantasia and while I thought Tamyra was an intensely gifted vocalist, I didn't get that much of a r&b vibe from her.

I so enjoy reading your weekly recaps, liedenfrost. Just out of curiosity, are you a singer or musician? You are very knowledgeable.

Joshua easily stood out from the rest to me last night. His performance was phenomenal.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678