+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: 3/14 AI 11 Top 12 Performance Show **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 3/14 AI 11 Top 12 Performance Show **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
    Skylar reminds me of a little kid trying to act like a grown up and it is not working for me.
    I just love her, and I'm not even a big fan of country. The one I can't understand the appeal of (other than he's funny) is Hee Jun.

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

I HATE that to vote online has to be through Facebook. I won't do it!!! Why has it changed from last year? I vote over the phone.
    mesachick likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherLady View Post
    I just love her, and I'm not even a big fan of country. The one I can't understand the appeal of (other than he's funny) is Hee Jun.
    I was talking about this performance only. I missed the show last week and she hasn't stood out to me before now. She does have a great voice and seems to have a great personality. I guess it stemmed from the song choice.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

These song selections are making me feel really old

No sympathy for Jermaine. According to TMZ, he was also a beast to the crew behind the scenes - apparently, he screamed at someone over his wardrobe. Not as big a deal for someone Heejun's size, but when you're 6"8' or something, it's scary. Lying about his relationship with his father is one thing, but the arrest for violent crime and, what is is, 4 bench warrants? How on earth did he think no one would find out about that? I'm not sad to see him go for whatever reason. I didn't think his voice was versatile enough.

Forget the legal/background check department at Fox. They should hire some of these entertainment bloggers to get the truth! They're much better at finding the dirt!
    JavaJo likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
    Colton singing Broken Heart by White Lion. I love that they say no one knows this song....I do big time. White Lion is one of my all time favorite bands. I am loving this one.
    I like Colton. He's different, that means much like Adam Lambert, he wont win.

The two suits with Jermaine, that wasn't uncomfortable at all. He will go on and have a career without AI. He was heard.What -a - voice! ( sigh) At 6'8 I am sure if he was violent, the other person wouldnt be around to talk about it.I wish he had told them at the start
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I am really saddened that they showed the footage of Jermaine with Nigel. They could have announced that a rule was broken, said that he was eliminated, and left it at that. Like they said, they've had other contestants tell them they have/had problems where they were able to help them; and they implied if he had told them, they would have helped him, too.

And the thing about his father/abandonment ... whether true or not, something stinks there as well. If he and his father had a great relationship like his father wants the world to believe, then I can't believe he would have called the producers to tell them that Jermaine was a liar. Something's off here.

Fanny, I agree. I wish he would have disclosed his outstanding warrants, but he was afraid to, afraid they would not have let him compete. Any maybe they wouldn't, but they could have told him or even helped him to clean it up and come back next year. Now, he is precluded from coming back.
    Jaceegirl likes this.

I know, like I said, the guy can sing, so maybe someone will decide to sign him.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

The thing is he was going to sing one of my all time favorites - "Somewhere Out There" - at least that is what the bit they showed sounded like. He was also going to be in the #9 spot which says the producers thought he was going to produce. Anyhoo...it is now on record with the Nigel, etc. meeting. No one can claim conspiracy or whatever.

Philip rocked tonight and Joshua sang in church. All of the ladies belted except Jessica, the one true belter other than Hollie. Much more overall talent than last year and it makes my voting choice hard since I concentrate votes on one person. **sigh**
    Katydyd likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Phillip is still my favorite. I give him huge props from coming back from a painful kidney issue, surgery and singing that song to perfection tonight.
    Jessica was not as good as last week, but she still has singing chops.
    Colton - I really like this kid. Love that he got to meet up with another one of my Idol favs - Daughtry!
    Elise - I wanted her to be so much better than she was. I do enjoy her voice, but once again the song choice wasn't the best.
    Skylar - she can sing country that's for sure.
    Heejun - love his personality but his song tonight was pretty rough.
    Shannon - not getting the love, I wasn't impressed.
    DeAndre - oh this poor guy - I love his voice, but the song choice was not good. I don't know why they choose to do songs that are sung by two different artists together. It just throws the whole thing off to have it performed as a solo.
    Joshua - continues to surprise me, and in a good way
    Hollie - Maybe it was just me, but I thought she was flat through the majority of her song. It was just eh for me.
    Jermaine - I did feel sympathy for him. Poor guy catches a break getting on AI, I can understand how he would be afraid to come clean. It stinks when past decisions can come back to haunt you like that. I hope he lands on his feet.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

From the sounds of it, there will be a Top Ten tour this year rather than a Top 13 (12 because of Jermaine leaving). So they are eliminating one contestant tomorrow to bring it to the ten.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast