+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: 3/8 AI 11 Top 13 Results Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 3/8 AI 11 Top 13 Results Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I have a serious question here about Mary J Blige. She can sing well, but so can so many others. What is her claim to her fame? I know little about her and her voice did not seem exceptional to me.

I really appreciate Jimmy Iovine. Again we are getting luke warm judging. Randy is stepping up a bit.
    I dont like her music, but she has been around along time. She was good with the coaching. Yes Randy has stepped it up a bit, so has J'lo( a little) .Tyler need not be there imho
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I dont like her music, but she has been around along time. She was good with the coaching. Yes Randy has stepped it up a bit, so has J'lo( a little) .Tyler need not be there imho
    What, Fanny Mare, you mean you don't need to hear someone say "beautiful" every five minutes?
    Bet2Win and Eastcoastmom like this.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by grapenuts View Post
    When Erika joined Elise on the bottom seats, you could hear one of them commenting that the old ladies were in the bottom.

Really ! I missed that. At least they have each other and also sense of humor about it which helps get you through a lot.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I'm OK with Jeremy leaving, but I think my shocker of the night was Lauren Alaina's performance. I listen to country music and I enjoy the song "Georgia Peaches" on the radio, but on stage last night it gave me flashbacks to her season on AI. That woman cannot hold her notes! It's like she has the lung capacity of a squirrel. When she was singing on her season you could tell she took a breath way too often in a song and couldn't hold a long note. When her first song "Like My Mother Does" came out I noticed she had improved, and now "Georgia Peaches" as well... but seeing her last night made me wonder if the studio is enhancing her on her recordings because she was sucking breath every four or five words and it was hard to listen to her! I also do NOT like the bleached hair, just totally not her.

FORT Fogey

I did not like Miss Second Place, last night or actually ever. She always looked old and hard for a young girl and even more so last night. Who would have thought she was a teenager!!!

Jeremy is canon fodder so he's an obvious elimination. He may have taken Jen Hirsch's wildcard spot. I think he is in fact the lowest vote getter. Now the following weeks we hope to get rid of Jermaine and Shannon. Two of the most boring contestants. We need Heejun in the top 10 'cause he is funny and idiosyncratic.

Well, yes... but it's a singing competition and I just can't understand his words! I'd rather listen to Jermaine any day. I love a deep singing voice.
    mesachick likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    Jeremy is canon fodder so he's an obvious elimination. He may have taken Jen Hirsch's wildcard spot. I think he is in fact the lowest vote getter. Now the following weeks we hope to get rid of Jermaine and Shannon. Two of the most boring contestants. We need Heejun in the top 10 'cause he is funny and idiosyncratic.
    Who is the "we" you keep speaking of?
    Uncle David likes this.

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    OOOPs! I guess Tim and now Scotty are more polite than I am ... I forgot the please but I will say thank you ... to you.

I think Shannon is only so-so and I forgot that she is only 16. My SO asked me if when I was a teen and performing for people, if I was nervous and afraid and the answer was NO. I admit though that I was up for singing lead in the kindergarten recitals as I was the only pushy kid who never had a bit of stage fright.

uh-oh ... now I sound full of myself. In any case I agree with the warning about Jessica's over confidence. People will not like her and likability and humility are so important.
    Did not mean to sound snide. I just think that song is one of Tim McGraw's best. If anyone wants the itunes version, I would recommend Tim's over Scotty's. Scotty is just so so compared to Tim's.

Pia is the perfect example of not likable. Jennifer Hudson was the same. Remember when she was in the bottom 2 with the red head hair dresser. She was so mad that she was in the bottom 2 that she refused to take the other girl's hand. A lot of people came up with a lot of conspiracies and excuses as to why Jennifer left so early (and on her best night as well), but it comes down to humility and likability and she had neither. That's also the vibe I get from Jessica. You can be unlikable and still make it far. I think Katherine McPhee and Kimberley Locke are both examples of that. But generally speaking, you have to be likable to get far.

Shannon, Phillip, Jermaine, and a few others just come out as likable. They are humble and gracious and everything I'm not getting from Jessica. Time will tell if I'm right on that, but I'm just not feeling it.

Edited to add: I do think Jennifer is now a humble person and has come down a few notches since her Idol days. I actually do find the grown up scarred Jennifer Hudson very likable. But the big haired Idol contestant was not at all. She was full of herself.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Holly and Jessica FTW!! (with a nod to Phillip)

Quote Originally Posted by yourefired View Post
    You can be unlikable and still make it far. I think Katherine McPhee and Kimberley Locke are both examples of that.
    I loved them both! I can see where some may not have liked Katherine, but not liking Kimberley?
    Last edited by Arielflies; 03-09-2012 at 10:29 PM.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast