+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: 3/8 AI 11 Top 13 Results Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 3/8 AI 11 Top 13 Results Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by yourefired View Post
    Actually Scotty's song is called "Please Remember Me." It was originally recorded by Tim McGraw who did a much better job than Scotty.

I'm glad Shannon was spared. I think she has a strong voice. She's 16 and she let the nerves get to her. I don't think it was as bad as the judges said it was. In fact in parts of it she sounded like the great Vanessa Williams. I don't mind Jeremy going. He didn't do much for me. Jimmy is right though. Jessica is full of herself (he said that in a round about way but he said it).

OOOPs! I guess Tim and now Scotty are more polite than I am ... I forgot the please but I will say thank you ... to you.

I think Shannon is only so-so and I forgot that she is only 16. My SO asked me if when I was a teen and performing for people, if I was nervous and afraid and the answer was NO. I admit though that I was up for singing lead in the kindergarten recitals as I was the only pushy kid who never had a bit of stage fright.

uh-oh ... now I sound full of myself. In any case I agree with the warning about Jessica's over confidence. People will not like her and likability and humility are so important.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    In any case I agree with the warning about Jessica's over confidence. People will not like her and likability and humility are so important.
    When I read this, I immediately thought of Elise and her reactions this week. She's not coming off as very gracious, and while I didn't agree with the judges either, she does need to think about how she comes across. Her backstage comment that the judges gave her "s&*#" didn't sound very good. I know she was probably disappointed, because her performance was not that bad, but like you said, she needs to be likable or she won't last long.

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post
    When I read this, I immediately thought of Elise and her reactions this week. She's not coming off as very gracious, and while I didn't agree with the judges either, she does need to think about how she comes across. Her backstage comment that the judges gave her "s&*#" didn't sound very good. I know she was probably disappointed, because her performance was not that bad, but like you said, she needs to be likable or she won't last long.
    I think perhaps Elise seems unhappy because she is a lot older (28) than almost everyone except Erika (26) who seems to be her direct competition.

The younger "kids" connect with their peer group so I can see why this "journey" might be a little lonely for her.

I didn't watch the complete auditions, but did something happen that made the others not "like" her or feel she is undeserving ?

I do agree with you though. It's just odd that I feel compassion towards some of the finalists, like Hollie, Erika and even Shannon, Germaine and others. This has nothing to do with talent, per se. It's just something about them ... a likability that makes one want to root for them and mind you, I don't know their full back stories.

With some of the younger ones, they have time on their side, but this could be the last best shot for the older ones. Obviously I would have a hard time judging this show.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I recorded it. .I did FF alot, but I think it was obvious Jeremy was going to go home.I thought the bottom two might sing again. My giant is safe , but I dont think for long.
    mesachick likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I recorded it. .I did FF alot, but I think it was obvious Jeremy was going to go home.I thought the bottom two might sing again. My giant is safe , but I dont think for long.
    I love the giant too!

Phil and Jessica are my favorites this season so far. I thought Shannon should have gone home - she was horrible. But I agree, Jeremy, although such a super sweet guy, just didn't pull it off.
    JavaJo and sparklete like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I love the giant too!

Phil and Jessica are my favorites this season so far. I thought Shannon should have gone home - she was horrible. But I agree, Jeremy, although such a super sweet guy, just didn't pull it off.
    I love our giant. I love him because he's so different!! I also like Phil, very much. Gosh, are we agreeing?
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I love our giant. I love him because he's so different!! I also like Phil, very much. Gosh, are we agreeing?
    You bet!
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Well now we know that the top 3 girls are Jessica, Holly and Skylar. Top 3 boys are Phillip, Colton, and Heejun. Joshua was in the death spot so it was predictable that he landed the bottom 3.

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherLady View Post
    Shannon got more votes than Elise? Unbelievable! But I think Jeremy is toast. They won't cut Elise after only one bad night that wasn't really all that bad.
    It's because Shannon is VFTW pick! I doubt Jeremy will be saved even if Shannon were in the bottom 2 with him as I don't think judges will give him a 3rd chance. If America doesn't want Jeremy then the judges should just accept it. That being said, I wish it was Shannonbot who was in the b2 with Jeremy. Also they want to even up the number of genders so it was obvious that no matter who is in the bottom 2, the judges will eliminate a guy.
    Last edited by jammyjoe; 03-09-2012 at 01:20 AM.

I'm wondering about the choice of wording last night. In the beginning Ryan said this format was one night only. Good. Glad about that. Then when they made their choice, Jennifer said, "We choose to save Elise". I haven't heard anything about a judges' save this year, and am curious if this was the new version of that.

I don't often vote because I have to go straight to bed for an early start in the morning, but I'm going to be putting in some votes for Jermaine as long as I have that choice. I just love him. I don't get P2 (find him cocky and not musical, think he'll get boring). I don't think Heejun ennunciates enough to understand what he's singing. I do enjoy him for the humor. Jeremy keeps evading my radar although I like him when he's performing. People compare him to last year's Jacob who I did NOT like, but I do like Jeremy. Colton needs a new hair style. DeAndre can stay if he sings like this week, not last. I like all the girls as a whole, but not any one more than the rest.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast