+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: 3/7 AI 11 Top 13 Performance Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 3/7 AI 11 Top 13 Performance Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

I wonder why they even do theme weeks and why these young people pick such old songs to sing during the entire audition phase. If someone like Skyler wins, we know she won't be putting out a pop or r&b album. She'll be going with country. So I don't understand why they make them sing some of the stuff they make them sing. Let them sing their own genre and let the audience judge them on that.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yourefired View Post
    I like his personality. When he was looking at the clips from backstage and he said "Lawd have mercy" I was dying. He's a funny guy and easy on the eyes. I'm liking him more now that I see that side of him. And the singing was good tonight too.
    I was dying too. lol. Guess he was horrified at the extreme closeup of his face while he was doing, as Oprah calls it, "the ugly cry" lmao. He's most DEFINTELY easy on the eyes. Charismatic, can sing and seems like a really likable kid. I hope he goes far.

On a side note, I am very pleased with this season's crop of talent. Super pleased.
    Bet2Win, mesachick and Fanny Mare like this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I wonder why they even do theme weeks and why these young people pick such old songs to sing during the entire audition phase. If someone like Skyler wins, we know she won't be putting out a pop or r&b album. She'll be going with country. So I don't understand why they make them sing some of the stuff they make them sing. Let them sing their own genre and let the audience judge them on that.
    Like Randy said, the contestants can be creative with a song and make it their own. Scotty did it, he countryfied every song he got his hands on because he only knows country. David Cook did it too, make a rock song out of different songs. You don't want to change your style based on the genre because then you will lose identity and America will be confused on what type of artist you are. Contestants should be adaptable/flexible but at the same time creative.

If it's Shannon vs. Jeremy then Shannon will go home
    If it's Elise vs. Jermaine then Jermaine will go home
    If it's Elise vs. Jeremy then Jeremy will go home
    If it's Shannon vs. Jermaine then it's a crap shoot

When Ryan asked the judges who their bottom 2 are, i was like...Noooooo! Sure enough they said Shannon and that would rally her fans to vote for her. Hopefully, she splits her vote with Hollie and with Hollie being the stronger of the two, Shannon takes bottom 2. That was a disaster of a performance. I give Elise a pass because Whitney and her will never mix. They also changed her song in the middle of practice so I knew it wasn't going to be good.

Anyone noticed that the judges never mentioned any guy in the bottom 2 knowing that one of them will be in the bottom 2 anyhow? Jennifer said Elise and Shannon but they can't be bottom 2 at the same time as one has to be a guy and the judges evaded it. They can't say Jeremy or Jermaine, LOL. I want Jermaine to go as AI producers manipulated the audience into voting him in so he occupied a spot for a more deserving contestant...most likely Jen Hirsch's.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 03-08-2012 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    IOn a side note, I am very pleased with this season's crop of talent. Super pleased.
    Everyone one of them are talented - but unfortunately none of them stands out (yet) for me. I hope that changes. Last night's show was very boring for me.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

A week ago, before the final 13 were chosen, I thought the guys were stronger than the girls. Not anymore! I'm not sure if last night opened my eyes (or ears), or if too many mediocre guys made it to the top 7. All the girls are capable of fantastic performances. The guys, not so much. Maybe about half, IMO.

I enjoyed the guys much more than the girls this week. I'm sure that has a lot to do with the fact that I LOVE Stevie Wonder and don't care for Whitney Houston. I just think his songs are better than the ones Whitney sang. I can't call them "Whitney's songs" because she didn't write any.

"Lately" is one of my favorite Stevie songs, although "Superstition" is probably my favorite of the ones performed by the guys. As far as those two songs on the show, I thought Phillip was good, but I liked Colton better. I wasn't sold on Colton at first, but I've enjoyed his performances so far. I do like that Phillip just does his own thing and doesn't sound like he's doing karaoke.

I love "All in Love is Fair" but Heejun didn't bowl me over. He just started too slow and soft for my taste.

They could eliminate Shannon and Elise tomorrow and it wouldn't matter to me.
    MiaT2 and mesachick like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567