+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: 3/7 AI 11 Top 13 Performance Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 3/7 AI 11 Top 13 Performance Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

"after a while"?!

I had to kind of agree with Randy - Jessica and Joshua were standouts. I think he's my favorite of the guys. He has an old school R&B/Gospel vibe I really like. Loved Hollie too. And I have to say, I'm not a country fan, and I'm tired of country singers winning AI (won't happen this year) but that Skylar girl is really good!
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd View Post
    I had to kind of agree with Randy - Jessica and Joshua were standouts. I think he's my favorite of the guys. He has an old school R&B/Gospel vibe I really like. Loved Hollie too. And I have to say, I'm not a country fan, and I'm tired of country singers winning AI (won't happen this year) but that Skylar girl is really good!
    DITTO for all of these!

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat View Post
    Hollie was fantastic!
    J Lo just stopped short of saying she could very well be the next American Idol.
    Agreed! Hollie is my fave too!

1-866-436-5710
    Fanny Mare likes this.

The girls definitely did stand out more tonight, because obviously- they were Whitney songs - powerful and emotional, for the most part. The Stevie songs were nice but just couldn't pack enough punch to stand next to the girls songs.

The ones I think are in trouble are Jermaine and Jeremy, though poor Elisa and Shannon didn't have good nights though their voices are very good and their songs were tough - I liked their performances though and hope they stay. Colton did okay, but enough to stand out? Not sure. Erika surprised me - I usually don't care for her voice much, but tonight she was very good.
    I actually enjoyed Deandre tonight, first time ever! Skylar did a very good job, and I always enjoy Heejun's voice though his song was a touch boring.
    Hollie is a stand out tonight (and always) - she's very talented. Jessica sure hit the big notes, but I thought maybe she rushed some of the lyrics leading up to those big power notes, which she hit beautifully! I love that song so much, and it brings tears to my eyes. She was great, especially at the end of the song.
    This year we really do have a lot of good singers - it's going to be a fun season. (but still wish Reed was in it - he was very entertaining and I liked his voice)

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

There sure is a lot of good talent this year. Jessica was most impressive. Probably had a lot to do with the Whitney song she sang. I think some of the other girls might have done well singing it too, but probably couldn't beat her out. I hope the Oriental fellow H___hun (?) stays in. He was very good too.

To quote J'lo most of the girls gave me the goosies(sp)

Jessica stole the show imho
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

All Is Fair In Love is one of my all time favorite songs ... Hee Jun left out the soul of the song.
    Jessica surprised me ... she hit it out of the park.
    Still love Deandre ... something about that kid!
    Holly was just a'right for me. (Randy Jackson imp.)
    Can't really remember the rest; must not have done it for me.

LOL! Oriental? You describe things as oriental but not people.

Anyway, I hope Shannonbot goes home because her pitch was all over the place. I still wonder what the judges saw in her to put her through and not Lauren Gray. She's the weakest girl. Elise was not connecting and it looked like she was struggling with the song as well. They will be the bottom 2 girls. As for the guys it will be between Jermaine and Jeremy. I just don't think they connected with the audience. Interestingly I think DI got the girls correct. I think the bottom 2 guys may be correct as Jermaine was very boring and Joshua sang first. I hope Jermaine is bottom 2 with Shannon. I think they will save Jermaine...again.

Jennifer is obviously rooting for the girls as she is encouraging the audience to vote for a girl or put two girls in the final 2

Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win View Post
    All Is Fair In Love is one of my all time favorite songs ... Hee Jun left out the soul of the song.
    Jessica surprised me ... she hit it out of the park.
    Still love Deandre ... something about that kid!
    Holly was just a'right for me. (Randy Jackson imp.)
    Can't really remember the rest; must not have done it for me.
    I cant recall what Jermaine sang.I think it was a song that didnt suit him . I agree about Deandre my dd is smitten with him
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast