+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By bee stung lips

Thread: AI 11 Shannon Magrane

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

AI 11 Shannon Magrane

16 years old | Tampa, FL
    Shannon Magrane - American Idol
    Last edited by Arielflies; 03-05-2012 at 03:56 PM.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Re: AI 11 Shannon Magrane

I'm happy she got the boot. She's cute but she was awful this week.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Not to mention how badly she sucked last week. Sweet girl, marginally talented, but too beauty pageanty sounding for AI.
    mesachick and Fanny Mare like this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Who is John Galt?

How tall is she? She towers over everyone. Maybe America's Next Top Model will come calling in a few years.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

At her audition she said she was 6' tall and wears size 11 shoes.

I liked her. I do agree with you, BeeStungLips, that she was a little too pageanty (which is exactly the word I thought of when I saw and heard her). Not just with her singing, but with her style. But I was hoping that somebody would give her some good advice and help her out of that. I think it was only inexperience and youth. She may have done better if she came onto the show at age 20.

Ugh...I can't believe she even made the top 25, let alone the top 13 (She took Jen Hirsch's spot). She is very inexperienced and needs a year or two. Why didn't they just ask her to come back next year as they did with Hollie and Colton last year who actually improved. She didn't belong on AI, she seemed more like competing in a Miss Teen USA talent competition. I have the same problem, to a greater extent, with Eben who needed a couple of more years to develop who sounded like he hasn't reached puberty. Thank God both are gone and Jermaine too. Now we have a better top 10 (except maybe I would have exchanged Heejun for Jeremy).

Shannon should have been sacrificed (since we already have Hollie who caters to a similar demographics) to put through a black girl in the top 24 instead, perhaps Ariel Sprague.

American Idol - Ariel Sprague, Eben Franckewitz, Gabi Carrubba, David Leathers, Jeremy Rosado - YouTube
    American Idol - Rockin Robin - David Leathers, Jeremy Rosado, Ariel Sprague, Gabi Carrubba - Vegas - YouTube
    Last edited by jammyjoe; 03-18-2012 at 03:42 AM.

+ Reply to Thread