+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: AI 11 Phillip Phillips

Re: AI 11 Phillip Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit View Post
    I've had two kidney stones removed and while the procedure was called "surgery" there was no actual cutting of flesh like the word implies. I was anesthetized and after the procedures I was tired and sore, but it didn't take that long to recover from them. And I was much older than Phillip is when I had mine done, so his recovery time may be shorter. From what I've read, his next surgery is more involved, something dealing with the kidney.

Still, it's amazing that he was able to even participate in the show, much less to the degree that he did. I wish him luck.
    I also had surgery for a kidney stone but the recovery time was about a week because I was in so much pain from the stent they put in after the sugery. I literally could not do anything but move from couch to bed without needing a strong pain killer (which didn't always work). I understand Phillip had 8 surgeries and also a stent. I think it's remarkable he was able to move around, let alone perform on stage and not show the pain he must have been in.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

TMZ is reporting that Phillip gave the Ford Fusion he won on AI to his parents:

'Idol' Champ Phillip Phillips Celebrates His Win with a $25k SURPRISE!

"American Idol" champ Phillip Phillips is celebrating his win by PARTYING LIKE A ROCK STAR IN VEGAS ... at least that's what he should be doing, but instead he's hanging out with his parents and giving them his brand new car!

Sources tell TMZ ... the brand new 2013 Ford Fusion (valued at $25,000) Phillip was given for winning the competition will actually be a gift to his parents ... because he's perfectly happy driving his 2001 Ford Ranger truck (see below) and refuses to give it up.

In fact, we're told Phillip wasn't even tempted to use the new car for himself.

Best. Son. Ever.
    'Idol' Winner Phillip Phillips -- Celebrates His Win with a ... $25k SURPRISE! | TMZ.com
    JavaJo likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I like him even more now, if that's even possible.
    waywyrd and mesachick like this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Who knew a WGWG could be so thoughtful? sarcasm off

Seriously, that is such a sweet and Philliip Phillips type of thing to do.

As I have said a bunch of times ... this young man is just nice. He seems surprisingly unspoiled.

BTW ... I believe the other car went to his brother-in-law ... he had a choice of whom to give it to ... someone who helped him.
    Both Final 2 contestants got to choose their giveaway designee and then got cars of their own.

There was another article linked under the one Critical posted and Phillips surgery is Tuesday, day after tomorrow. One of the AI bigwigs has offered his mansion to Phillip and his family during his period of recovery and recuperation. Let's all add some extra prayers for him, his family and the docs and nurses.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    I also had surgery for a kidney stone but the recovery time was about a week because I was in so much pain from the stent they put in after the sugery. I literally could not do anything but move from couch to bed without needing a strong pain killer (which didn't always work). I understand Phillip had 8 surgeries and also a stent. I think it's remarkable he was able to move around, let alone perform on stage and not show the pain he must have been in.
    I had a stent with my first stone and it was just what I'd call uncomfortable but not painful. Did make me feel like I had to pee all the time though.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

That duet of Bad Moon Rising with Fogerty was great!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

FORT Fanatic

Have there never been white GIRLS with guitars on the show? Just this year we had
    Skylar.

Quote Originally Posted by mslady View Post
    Have there never been white GIRLS with guitars on the show? Just this year we had
    Skylar.
    Carrie plays guitar & piano but she was before they started to allow it.

Quote Originally Posted by mslady View Post
    Skylar.
    Crystal
    Critical likes this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

+ Reply to Thread