+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: AI 11 Phillip Phillips

Re: AI 11 Phillip Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by mslady View Post
    I'm probably the only person who doesn't know. I have not been close to a computer or tv for over a week. What does Phillip need surgery for?
    He has kidney problems .I think someone posted a link up-thread
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fanatic

Thanks for the info Fanny Mare.

Idol Winner Phillip Phillips Underwent Eight Surgeries During Show Run, Dad Says - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

Idol Winner Phillip Phillips Underwent Eight Surgeries During Show Run, Dad Says

May 24, 2012 06:47 PM ET
    by Kate Stanhope

Only 11 people have the honor of being named the winner of American Idol, but the title might be extra special to newly minted champ Phillip Phillips after the eight, yes, eight, operations he underwent during the competition.

Phillips' father, also named Phillip Phillips, revealed to People the shocking number of procedures his 21-year-old son had to go through. Back in March, Phillips received emergency medical treatment for pain in his abdomen prior to the Top 13 results show. "He's been doing [well], but it's just grueling hours and it's just amazing what he's done through the journey," he said. "Eight operations since we started American Idol ... He's hitting 50 percent, but he's still up there swinging away."

Phillips Sr. said his son suffered from a build-up of kidney stones and had to have multiple surgeries to remove them. The new champ is expected to undergo another surgery to reconstruct his kidneys, according to People.

Fortunately, this next operation is not expected to keep Phillips from performing on the Idols Live tour. His father also sounded optimistic about his son post-surgery. "The recovery's probably two to four weeks," his father said. "He's healthy, he's good. His kidneys are good. I can't wait for America and the whole world to see him [after his surgery], because he's a big cut-up. He's going to have some fun."

The Idol winner himself admitted it was a struggle to undergo so many procedures during his run on the singing competition, but looked to the future. "I'm going to get some surgery done, so I'm going to get all better for the tour," he told People. "It was very tough [getting through the season]. I had great doctors and great people surrounding me [who] really helped out, so it's just a blessing to be here."

Do you think Phillips deserved to win Idol? Will you see Idols Live?

So that report you posted, is entirely different from what I've been reading lol! I don't know how he would have had time to have any surgeries while he was competing, he would have had zero time to recover. So interesting how stories are different. In Phillip's words...

Phillip Phillips going under the knife "soon" for his medical issues - Reality TV World

Phillip Phillips has confirmed he will be undergoing surgery for his health issues soon.

"Yes, I'll be having it here soon, so I'm getting ready -- getting prepared for all that. So I'm just ready to feel better, feel like myself," said the newly-crowned American Idol eleventh-season champion during a Thursday morning appearance on Live! with Kelly.

Phillips -- who called into Live! with Kelly via phone from Los Angeles -- said his medical condition has impacted his schedule to the point where he will not be able to make the usual full round of post-Idol press appearances, including an in-studio singing appearance on Live! next week.

"It's just -- I'm trying to -- Because I've been sick this whole show and everything, I'm trying to recover from that and get all my work done. I'm trying to just recover and feel a lot better than I have been," explained the 21-year-old pawn shop worker from Leesburg, GA.

"It's been tough, but you know, I've had a lot of great people around me and a lot of great doctors, so that really helped out a lot."

On Wednesday, E! News reported Phillips will be traveling to Georgia for his surgery and depending on how quickly he recovers, the operation may result in the singer missing the beginning of this summer's American Idol concert tour.

Despite his doctor's immediate orders, Phillips refused to have surgery before Idol's conclusion although his kidney problems have worsened since the start of the competition. As a result, the modern-day crooner was instructed to go in for surgery immediately following last night's finale and allow himself at least six weeks recovery time.

The most important thing is that P2 gets healthy again. I can't wait to hear him sing once he's back to 100%
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Who knows what it true. When I saw that article about his surgeries during the show, that explained to me why he was always missing from the Ford videos and other in between show activities. I figured he was in and out of the hospital a lot.

Phillip was on with J. Leno last night. He didn't perform ... he was just a guest. He is really just a genuine sweet, warm, aw shucks kind of young man. Just nice. He was wearing jeans and a plain blue T-shirt. Leno asked him about his non-styling, and Phillip said that the AI stylist told him that although his clothes are what they are ... his are the most expensive of any of the others!

Regarding his health, he said it's been "rough" and that actually last night (sitting with Leno) was rough. He said that he is probably going for surgery in a "couple of weeks" and will be ready for the tour which he is looking forward to.

They showed clips of the win ... and then being asked to sing. He said he didn't want to play the guitar or sing and didn't even know what to play or sing. He said he was shocked and blessed and just wanted to take it all in. He said he just did his own thing..

Glenn Close was the already interviewed guest and was sitting on the couch. As they went to commercial, she was patting him and rubbing his arm kind of like a grandma. Nellie Furtado was the music guest and ran up and hugged him after she performed.

My only complaint is that he said his favorite judge was JLo ... because she is a gorgeous lady. But .. he's not well after all.

He is without question ... a really likable, and humble person. As I said ... just nice.
    Last edited by echo226; 05-25-2012 at 11:47 AM.
    mesachick and ilja like this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Addendum The video of Phillip on the Tonight show with Jay Leno is available on YouTube posted by several people.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Fogey

Nice post echo.....as far as the fav judge....he went with the obvious----her attractiveness. If he picked either of the other two, he couldn't have come up with ANY reason for that choice.

He has always come through as nice during the entire show. I just find it amazing that he could keep such a pleasant expression on his face and atitude while enduring pain
    ilja likes this.

I've had two kidney stones removed and while the procedure was called "surgery" there was no actual cutting of flesh like the word implies. I was anesthetized and after the procedures I was tired and sore, but it didn't take that long to recover from them. And I was much older than Phillip is when I had mine done, so his recovery time may be shorter. From what I've read, his next surgery is more involved, something dealing with the kidney.

Still, it's amazing that he was able to even participate in the show, much less to the degree that he did. I wish him luck.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit View Post
    I've had two kidney stones removed and while the procedure was called "surgery" there was no actual cutting of flesh like the word implies. I was anesthetized and after the procedures I was tired and sore, but it didn't take that long to recover from them. And I was much older than Phillip is when I had mine done, so his recovery time may be shorter. From what I've read, his next surgery is more involved, something dealing with the kidney.

Still, it's amazing that he was able to even participate in the show, much less to the degree that he did. I wish him luck.
    He is getting his right kidney reconstructed. The recovery time is supposed to be 6 weeks. Sounds nasty that's for sure. So glad he won, he truly deserved it!
    Lil Bit and ilja like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

+ Reply to Thread