+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: AI 11 Phillip Phillips

Re: AI 11 Phillip Phillips

I wish he had not put off his surgery but I can understand why he would want to. I feel so bad for him. I pray he will be okay and that long term damage does not occur.

He is such a doll. I can see why the young girls would swoon over him.
    Babycakee likes this.

The older girls are swooning too...I know he is the topic of many a lunch time discussion in our teachers lounge. I want to win it all.
    Babycakee, mesachick and ilja like this.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    That is just really nice. I hope he makes it through the finale ok, and then gets his butt into surgery and takes care of himself.

When does the AI tour start? Hopefully he won't miss much of it...
    It looks like the tour starts the first week of July and goes through about mid-September. The schedule looks pretty grueling to me since frequenter the shows are only 24 hours apart but in different states. So during those 24 hours they have to travel, eat, sleep. etc. I don't know if they have to rehearse or do anything at the different venues or if that is all done by an advance team.

I'm not sure how long he has to recuperate after the surgery so hopefully he will be well enough.

Notably ... there is One concert date in Georgia ... and Five in California. Hmmm
    Debb70 likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

It really helps Phillip's cause in that all four phone lines were still busy 2 1/2 hours after the show aired on the west coast. I was only able to punch in about 15 votes between 11 PM and 11:30 PM.

I absolutely loved his last song and am going to make my second itunes purchase of the season - the first also a Phillip song.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I am so thrilled that Phillip won last night. I hope we will be hearing Home on the radio soon! Now the boy needs to go home and get his health back in shape!
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

So, without me noticing, a new acronym has been coined to apparently voice displeasure at the recent winners of American Idol.

WGWG

White Guy With Guitar.

Say what?!?!

While it doesn't surprise me that a select few are being vocal about the way the rest of us vote, it baffles me that they don't seem to realize how this works.

Wake up people. It's not a fluke. If the viewing-voting public likes the sound of David Cook, Kris Allen, Lee DeWyze and Phillip Phillips, they will vote for them. It's a pretty simply concept really.

After all, he wasn't the one who needed to be 'saved' earlier in the season. Obviously, he was the favorite of the majority of the voters (unless you believe the conspiracy theorists who say the fix is on from the get-go!)

Either way, I am glad he won. Hope his health improves and he can enjoy the tour.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

They will vote for them but apparently won't lay out the money to buy their music. The WGWG trend is part of the reason I don't watch any more. I thought David Cook was really talented, but like the others, he hasn't been able to find a solid audience for his work. I think the overall sound is too generic and not innovative enough to catch the ears of the top-40 fan (certainly not during a time when acts like LMFAO are riding the top of the charts). At the same time, it's not heavy enough for rock radio and not twangy enough for the country crowd. Chris Daughtry, the predecessor of WGWG, was clever enough to ride the coattails of Nickelback's arena-rock-for-morons success and make a nice living (no disrespect meant, I think he's also a talented vocalist and musician, just a little lacking in originality). There's nothing inherently wrong with WGWG, it's just that they're not very interesting.
    luvlady345 and its_glinda_now like this.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    So, without me noticing, a new acronym has been coined to apparently voice displeasure at the recent winners of American Idol.

WGWG

White Guy With Guitar.

Say what?!?!

While it doesn't surprise me that a select few are being vocal about the way the rest of us vote, it baffles me that they don't seem to realize how this works.

Wake up people. It's not a fluke. If the viewing-voting public likes the sound of David Cook, Kris Allen, Lee DeWyze and Phillip Phillips, they will vote for them. It's a pretty simply concept really.

After all, he wasn't the one who needed to be 'saved' earlier in the season. Obviously, he was the favorite of the majority of the voters (unless you believe the conspiracy theorists who say the fix is on from the get-go!)

Either way, I am glad he won. Hope his health improves and he can enjoy the tour.
    Admittedly, I'm not a hard-core AI fan, but I can't tell those first three apart. You could play me their music and I wouldn't know the difference. PP has his own, distinctive style. Yes, he's a white guy who plays guitar, but I don't think he's like those other guys. I appreciated that he just did his own thing and didn't follow anyone else's advice. Now if the record producers would just get out of his way and let him put out the CD he wants to release, maybe he'll be a success OFF this show.

Kelly is the last AI winner whose CD I bought....and it was really only that first little single CD at that. I would actually consider buying Phillip's CD.

I think so many AI winners' first CDs have been the Harlequin romance novel version of a CD: there's a set formula and you just insert the singer. I wonder if they'll finally figure out that that's not what the public wants.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Admittedly, I'm not a hard-core AI fan, but I can't tell those first three apart. You could play me their music and I wouldn't know the difference. PP has his own, distinctive style. Yes, he's a white guy who plays guitar, but I don't think he's like those other guys. I appreciated that he just did his own thing and didn't follow anyone else's advice. Now if the record producers would just get out of his way and let him put out the CD he wants to release, maybe he'll be a success OFF this show.

Kelly is the last AI winner whose CD I bought....and it was really only that first little single CD at that. I would actually consider buying Phillip's CD.

I think so many AI winners' first CDs have been the Harlequin romance novel version of a CD: there's a set formula and you just insert the singer. I wonder if they'll finally figure out that that's not what the public wants.
    I can tell the difference between those four guys. And Scotty as well if you want to throw him in there. The people who won, I don't think it's because they are white guys with guitars, I think it's because they all had something which connected with more of the public than their competitors - in particular the public who votes. As an example, I was rooting for Crystal most of the season, but somewhere along the line Lee Dewyze won me over and I was happy that he won (even though i voted for Crystal after the finale). Kris was not my favorite either, but I really didn't like Adam's over the top scream with tongue hanging out in every song (although I did like him), so I wasn't sorry Kris won. Adam sounded better to me on the Idol show the other night than he ever did when he was competing. David Cook was my all time favorite contestant. He looked pretty nondescript when he was just sitting around, but sexy as heck when he sang. Have I bought any of their CDs? Nope. I have bought a couple of David Cook's individual songs and I do have most of his performances on my mp3 player.
    ilja likes this.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

FORT Fanatic

I'm probably the only person who doesn't know. I have not been close to a computer or tv for over a week. What does Phillip need surgery for?

+ Reply to Thread