+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: AI 11 Phillip Phillips

Re: AI 11 Phillip Phillips

Oh that's too bad . I didn't think he looked well on the hometown visit. I cant blame him for wanting to be in the competition, I am just not sure I would let him if that was my son and the doctor said what he has.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Found this on TMZ today. Poor guy =(

Phillip Phillips -- one of the finalists on "American Idol" -- has been URGED by his personal doctor to get surgery immediately ... but Phillip wants to work through the pain and the risk so he can win next week.

Multiple "Idol" sources tell us ... when Phillip went back home to Georgia last Saturday ... his family doctor spent almost the entire stay by his side and was alarmed by what he saw -- Phillip wasn't eating and looked horrible.

Phillip suffers from severe kidney problems and at the beginning of the competition it got so bad he had a stent put in as a temporary fix until he could have surgery. But the condition has worsened and Phillip's doc told him he needed surgery now. Phillip said he was not going to drop out of the show so the doctor told him he ABSOLUTELY had to go under the knife immediately after the finale.

We're told the recovery time for the surgery is at least 6 weeks.

Phillip's condition is taking its toll -- we're told the medication causes dry mouth, and it's had some impact on his singing.

Phillip has also missed some of the field productions that are shot for the show -- including the Ford commercials. Our "Idol" sources tell us they felt that making him go on location for these shoots were just too taxing

'American Idol's' Phillip Phillips Needs Surgery -- BAD | TMZ.com

I also read somewhere, (I lost the site) that the Mayor has declared that while P2 is on Idol ... every Wednesday is Phillip Phillips day in Leesburg. That means that every Wednesday the Leesburg merchants, etc. will donate a percentage of the day's profits to a travel fund for Phillips family. This is a lot different type of support than Billboards!

I recall hearing that the pain from Kidney Stones is excruciating .. so my heart goes out to him.

I do know that delaying treatment too long can cause damage to the kidney or other serious complication. I hope & pray ... he is making the right decision.
    Last edited by echo226; 05-18-2012 at 05:42 PM. Reason: added link in quote
    Babycakee, JavaJo and Debb70 like this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    That means that every Wednesday the Leesburg merchants, etc. will donate a percentage of the day's profits to a travel fund for Phillips family. This is a lot different type of support than Billboards!
    That is just really nice. I hope he makes it through the finale ok, and then gets his butt into surgery and takes care of himself.

When does the AI tour start? Hopefully he won't miss much of it...
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Please make sure you include the URL link when you post articles. It's a copyright issue
    Ack! Sorry Critical, will do from now on!
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Oh that's too bad . I didn't think he looked well on the hometown visit. I cant blame him for wanting to be in the competition, I am just not sure I would let him if that was my son and the doctor said what he has.
    He's in his 20's...I don't think his parents have a say in the matter.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    He's in his 20's...I don't think his parents have a say in the matter.
    If he's ill I think they do.I know I would! AI isn't worth winning if you end up dead. Hopefully P2 respects them enough to listen to them, whatever they *all decide*
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

This is crazy! I would think the AI lawyers would have something to say about the liability of it all.
    Count your blessings!

He is 21 -- a legal adult -- so I don't imagine American Idol could be held responsible or liable if there is damage to Phillip's health. It's his decision.
    Debb70 likes this.

I hope his health turns around and that he's feeling better soon. This process is grueling enough, I can't imagine having to do it while in physical pain at the same time through the entire thing. I bet he'll have surgery Friday morning lol. I think he's fantastic too. I can only imagine how he'll sound once he's back to feeling better.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    I recall hearing that the pain from Kidney Stones is excruciating .. so my heart goes out to him.

I do know that delaying treatment too long can cause damage to the kidney or other serious complication. I hope & pray ... he is making the right decision.
    It is excruciating, but it also kind of comes and goes. At least mine did. I think I had mine for a long time before I even knew what it was. It was just like a dull ache most of the time. The first time it flared up, I thought it was my back. Went to the doctor, but by then it was a lot better and he just said probably muscular. The next time it was unbearable and ended in a trip to the ER. Which eventually lead to surgery. Which lead to a stent. If Phillip had/has a stent and is still functioning, I am amazed and impressed. Unless it's different for a guy. Because I had the stent for a week and I couldn't do anything except go from couch to bed. I went out once to get lunch at a fast food place and was in so much pain the pain killer did nothing.

I hope he isn't jeopardizing his long term health for this show, because it's just not worth it.
    BTW, CupidGuest and ilja like this.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

+ Reply to Thread