+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: AI 11 Phillip Phillips

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: AI 11 Phillip Phillips

The first reason I guessed he is going to win was because of, yes, the pattern of winners of late. Might not appear to be a good reason, but the public voting now on shows is becoming so predictable, imo. I would like to be wrong.

Okay. I've changed my mind about Phillip. I'm now rooting for him to win. Any word on how his heath is holding up today?
    jh2467 likes this.

And (I repeat myself) he will win. He is so very very likeable. That tearing up in his parade and not wanting people to see was absolutely the best How could anyone not like him after that? And he sings stuff I would like to hear in radio on the way to work.
    ilja and jh2467 like this.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

I find that Phillip seems to have more of a personality than Jessica or Joshua. Maybe Joshua is subdued due to his father being a minister. Perhaps it is for the cameras. I know that can be a little awkward at times. And then Jessica is home schooled. No offense, but I know many home schooled kids and many of them are not adept socially. Phillip seems to be pretty laid back and friendly. I like that.

FORT Fogey

I loved Phillip's last song......he is so cute but there is nothing conceited about him. Jimmy loved his rendition of the song but the most telling reactions were the two former female contestants in the audience who were seen fanning themselves when he finished singing. That is what is fueling ( pun) his votes
    Babycakee likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    I loved Phillip's last song......he is so cute but there is nothing conceited about him. Jimmy loved his rendition of the song but the most telling reactions were the two former female contestants in the audience who were seen fanning themselves when he finished singing. That is what is fueling ( pun) his votes
    Who was fanning?

FORT Fogey

Debb...one was the tall girl who was the baseball player's daughter...forgot her name and the girl next to her who was laughing was either Hollie or Skylar. They both were in hysterics after his his last line ..."stay with me tonight". The shot was so quick and I burst out laughing because they (we??) were affected by his song.
    Debb70 likes this.

Found this on TMZ today. Poor guy =(

Phillip Phillips -- one of the finalists on "American Idol" -- has been URGED by his personal doctor to get surgery immediately ... but Phillip wants to work through the pain and the risk so he can win next week.

Multiple "Idol" sources tell us ... when Phillip went back home to Georgia last Saturday ... his family doctor spent almost the entire stay by his side and was alarmed by what he saw -- Phillip wasn't eating and looked horrible.

Phillip suffers from severe kidney problems and at the beginning of the competition it got so bad he had a stent put in as a temporary fix until he could have surgery. But the condition has worsened and Phillip's doc told him he needed surgery now. Phillip said he was not going to drop out of the show so the doctor told him he ABSOLUTELY had to go under the knife immediately after the finale.

We're told the recovery time for the surgery is at least 6 weeks.

Phillip's condition is taking its toll -- we're told the medication causes dry mouth, and it's had some impact on his singing.

Phillip has also missed some of the field productions that are shot for the show -- including the Ford commercials. Our "Idol" sources tell us they felt that making him go on location for these shoots were just too taxing.

'American Idol's' Phillip Phillips Needs Surgery -- BAD | TMZ.com
    Last edited by Critical; 05-18-2012 at 06:20 PM. Reason: added url link
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Oh my gosh, that's sad. Thanks for the info, mesachick.

Please make sure you include the URL link when you post articles. It's a copyright issue
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread